ADVERTISEMENT

Dueling Motivations…

el dub

HR Legend
Nov 2, 2005
So, a friend wants me to fly to Iowa for a visit. She’s stuck in The ‘loo for a couple of months. Rocket Surgeon me finally realized it might be the best chance to catch the Hawks at home.

Any home duel recommendation?

What about flying into Waterloo?

Thanks in advance.

Flying into Waterloo is really limited. A morning flight in or an afternoon flight in, both coming through Chicago.

Flying into Waterloo is really limited. A morning flight in or an afternoon flight in, both coming through Chicago.
No more flights from MSP? When we went to Albany, we flew from Waterloo->MSP->Albany, and the same way back. But that was probably 18-19 years ago.

Reactions: el dub
No more flights from MSP? When we went to Albany, we flew from Waterloo->MSP->Albany, and the same way back. But that was probably 18-19 years ago.

Waterloo only flies to Chicago. Been that way for a decade or more at this point. Echo the comment about flying into CR.

IMHO, ALO (the airport) is just fine, and super convenient, if the flight times and prices meet your needs. An extra hour or even two in the air (or at a airport bar) beats an extra hour or two in a car driving from CID or DSM.

Although in all three you aren't likely to spend much time in any lines unless you show up at the same time as one of the southbound discount airline flights

Reactions: el dub and sabula
IMHO, ALO (the airport) is just fine, and super convenient, if the flight times and prices meet your needs. An extra hour or even two in the air (or at a airport bar) beats an extra hour or two in a car driving from CID or DSM.

Although in all three you aren't likely to spend much time in any lines unless you show up at the same time as one of the southbound discount airline flights

Ironside's store is about 5 to 10 mins from the the Cedar Rapids airport. Worth the stop.

Thanks. I’ll check it out. It would be a lot more convenient for me to fly into Waterloo. Getting to IC for a dual would be icing on the cake.)

Reactions: just_somebody
Thanks. I’ll check it out. It would be a lot more convenient for me to fly into Waterloo. Getting to IC for a dual would be icing on the cake.)
If I end up going, and you want to ride down with my 3 boys, and we probably decide to talk only hawk wrestling and not our likely differing politics, you can hitch a ride with us 😃

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT