ADVERTISEMENT

Duke should be really scared

Seriously??

Duke has the athletes to shut the Zags down and Okafor will roll. He's too quick and Strong.

Zags won't make the final 4 again. The elite 8 is a good finish though.

Not sure if you're trolling, but after first getting acquainted with them, I'd say the Zags present at worst a worrisome matchup.

Duke's main weakness is its depth- take either Okafor or Tyus Jones off the floor and you have a very pedestrian team. Get them in foul trouble and it becomes a lethal problem.

Gonzaga doesn't play well against good, quick, physical teams. Duke will roll them 85 - 63.

Originally posted by wyohawk:
Not sure if you're trolling, but after first getting acquainted with them, I'd say the Zags present at worst a worrisome matchup.

Duke's main weakness is its depth- take either Okafor or Tyus Jones off the floor and you have a very pedestrian team. Get them in foul trouble and it becomes a lethal problem.
This. Gonzaga is so overrated it makes me want to puke that our guys quit against a fat pig in the post and some foreign guy who's average at best. Iowa made them look good. Wiltjer is a good player but dedicating one defender to him would have shut him down easily. He is slow afoot but a great shooter. Deny him the ball or D him up and he's very pedestrian. But no one on Iowa wanted to do that or even thought about it. Duke is going to blast the doors off of these posing cowards and I'm going to love it.

Is butt kicking supposed to hyphenated? Based on what I saw yesterday you finish 4th in the WCC. Maybe not; Pepperdine finished 4th & played the Zags tough twice.

Why would someone in Iowa feel entitled?

since IA finished in a tie for 3rd in the BT, that might account for IA fans feeling entitled. and the fact this was the 1st time since 2000-01 that IA won a game in the dance, its only natural that a lot of IA fans were excited and expected/hoped that IA would win the 2nd game.

Originally posted by ynglbc:
Gonzaga doesn't play well against good, quick, physical teams. Duke will roll them 85 - 63.
You know this because they lost two games this year by a total of six points?

What I saw yesterday was a pretty long, talented and experienced team. I think they will be a big problem for Duke.

Like I said Duke is going to roll all over Gonzaga because the Bulldogs won't be able to handle physical play. we had 4 blocks on Gonzaga and I think Duke will get at least 10 blocks on them and another 10 steals. Duke rolls by 15 -20.

All because Gonzaga doesn't get the repetitions against tougher teams. Will always be like that until they move to the Pac 12.

Originally posted by Other-guy-from-Wham!:
If the Zags shoot like they did against Iowa they will win. You don't really ever lose when you shoot the ball that well.
When 90% of those shots are uncontested, you could beat a team of HOF'ers. Gonzaga is an average team that Iowa chose to make look like the aforementioned team of HOFers by not playing defense, rebounding or making any shots.

What game did you watch? My God you are stupid.
laugh.r191677.gif

The Gonzaga/Duke game is going to be a great one. Two excellent teams. After seeing Gonzaga, I think they're going to win a close one to make the final four.

They lost by 3 points AT Arizona. This is a very good Gonzaga team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by longliveCS40:
The Gonzaga/Duke game is going to be a great one. Two excellent teams. After seeing Gonzaga, I think they're going to win a close one to make the final four.

They lost by 3 points AT Arizona. This is a very good Gonzaga team.
I think they are a good team, but Duke plays on another level. The open shots that Gonzaga got last night, won't be open against Duke. They are very athletic and very long. Their guards/wings are very quick and can attack the rim over the bigger players.

I think you will Mike Z game plan to get Karnowski away from the lane and that will open up some driving lanes. Whoever will have Witljer on them will be driving non-stop as well.

Gonzaga is good, but Duke is on a different level. I hope Gonzaga can make run as this sounds like this is their year to do it, but Duke just looks too powerful.

Look at Nova, Virginia, UNI, and other teams who lost. All it takes is one bad game and your done. So who knows. On Paper Duke should win handily, but ya never know come March.

Duke should be to athletic for Gonzaga. Props to Gonzaga yesterday, but we acted like we had never seen a pick and roll before. Don't know who did our scout on the game for them but just wow. Yes they made a ton of 3's, but how many were contested? Not very many. I really thought we would match up pretty well with them with our length but that certainly was not the case. Woody and Gabe were totally overmatched trying to play defense and also strength wise. We were absolutely murdered on the boards. Gonzaga has a very talented starting five and bringing in the big Lithuanian off the bench w/all of his energy was just to much for us. However, Duke is better at every position. Okafor is the #1 Center in the country, Jones is one of the top 2-3 pt guards and Winslow is a total match up problem for every team w/his athleticism.

Originally posted by sittingon50:
Is butt kicking supposed to hyphenated? Based on what I saw yesterday you finish 4th in the WCC. Maybe not; Pepperdine finished 4th & played the Zags tough twice.

Why would someone in Iowa feel entitled?
Iowa beat Pepperdine by 11. Gonzaga beat them by 2, 8, and 18.
Iowa also beat ND State by 31. Gonzaga beat them by 10.

There are at least a few of possibilities that are not mutually exclusive. One is that Gonzaga shot the ball about as well as they possibly could, and rode it to a big win. Another is that you would have to be stupid to draw conclusions about how a team would place in a particular conference based on the one game you saw. Another is that you're trolling.

I agree Gonzaga made a lot of wide open shots but that is kind of their M.O. They are #1, Numero Uno, Top O' the heap in college basketball in FG % this season. They averaged .524 on the SEASON! That's incredible.

They know how to get open.

Originally posted by longliveCS40:
I agree Gonzaga made a lot of wide open shots but that is kind of their M.O. They are #1, Numero Uno, Top O' the heap in college basketball in FG % this season. They averaged .524 on the SEASON! That's incredible.

They know how to get open.
Iowa's adjusted defensive efficiency entering the game was #28 according to KenPom. Gonzaga shooting 62% against what was a very good defense most of the season wasn't typical by any means.

plus 1 more factor Gonzaga won't get home brewed biased reffing. if there is any bias in that game reffing wise it will go toward Duke big time.

My apologies; my reaction was over the top.

Get defensive when GU doesn't get the respect I feel they've earned. After reading some other threads on your forum I see plenty of respect, from most.

Best of luck going forward. I think Coach M is moving you guys in the right direction.

Originally posted by IronFist1776:
Originally posted by Other-guy-from-Wham!:
If the Zags shoot like they did against Iowa they will win. You don't really ever lose when you shoot the ball that well.
When 90% of those shots are uncontested, you could beat a team of HOF'ers. Gonzaga is an average team that Iowa chose to make look like the aforementioned team of HOFers by not playing defense, rebounding or making any shots.
Average teams don't win 30+ games no matter which D1 conference they are in. Our defense was poor, but part of that was trying to shut down a team with multiple offensive weapons, and lots of size.

A lot of you guys saying Duke will roll are the same guys that thought Iowa would beat Gonzaga. Gonzaga is very experienced with talent. Gary Bell is one of the best defender's in the country. Pangos doesn't turn the ball over and is a light's out shooter. Wiljter is a pure scorer. Wesley is a good defender and slasher. Sabonis and Karnowski do it all. This is a well rounded team that will be tough to beat in the tournament. How did some of you not see this against Iowa?

Duke will bury Gonzaga. I see Gonzaga shooting below 30 % in that game. I see alot of foul trouble for the Bulldogs.

I think Duke has the point guards to dribble penetrate and get the bigs into foul trouble. That should have been our game plan. They are not going to be able to shut down Okafor and as long has he is out of foul trouble. Without Okafor, Duke is good but not great. I don't think Coach K will fall for the pick and roll either.

This is a tough one for me. I hate Duke only slightly less than Michigan State so I don't want them to win. I normally like picking underdogs but I don't want to validate the Zags either....hmmmm

This post was edited on 3/26 6:31 AM by Urohawk

Gozaga is not unguardable.

When Duke plays Gonzaga, look what a difference having ATHLETES are for a team. Winslow/OKafor/JOnes/Cook are beasts

The Zags are much better than I thought they were. I don't know how the Duke game will end any more than anyone else does. The freshmen center for the Zags is a real difference maker. If they shoot well Duke is in for a long night.

Originally posted by Guidotheguide:
What game did you watch? My God you are stupid.
laugh.r191677.gif
I watched the game where all of those things happened, dumbass. Apparently yr dumbass missed it while licking the boots of every player to ever wear an Iowa uniform and fantasizing that they've never ever come up short. And stop calling me yr God, dumbass.

This post was edited on 3/27 6:48 PM by IronFist1776

If anyone wants to give me 15 points in this game I'll take the Zags for a good chunk and I seldom bet on games. Vegas wouldn't put this kind of line out and if they would I would start betting.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:

If anyone wants to give me 15 points in this game I'll take the Zags for a good chunk and I seldom bet on games. Vegas wouldn't put this kind of line out and if they would I would start betting.
Seriously a 15pt line??? I am pretty sure George Mason wasn't even a 15pt dog when they made the final four.

I would give you 5 or 6 which is norma for an elite 8 game.

The Zags are a good team, but Duke has the PG, Wing, and Center positions to give the Zags trouble. Duke will push it and Okafor will Body up their Center and he won't like it.

Duke is just the better team.

Originally posted by illhawkdvv:

Oh, all you need is 15 points? LOL.

Thanks for your input. Just further proof what a mindless moron you are. Have a nice life.
roll.r191677.gif
Hey stalking dumbass, utilize the Ignore button or just STFU w/ yr dumbass self. Only a complete dumbass laughs at their own dumbass comments. My life IS nice....except when I have to deal w/ dumbasses like you.

Originally posted by wyohawk:

This. Gonzaga is so overrated it makes me want to puke that our guys quit against a fat pig in the post and some foreign guy who's average at best. Iowa made them look good. Wiltjer is a good player but dedicating one defender to him would have shut him down easily. He is slow afoot but a great shooter. Deny him the ball or D him up and he's very pedestrian. But no one on Iowa wanted to do that or even thought about it. Duke is going to blast the doors off of these posing cowards and I'm going to love it.
In fairness, that 'fat pig' got away with a charge nearly every time he touched the ball. Not saying we lost due to the officiating, but there wasn't much we could have done about that fat pig. Just sayin.

This post was edited on 3/28 3:36 PM by WORTHYWISH

Blah blah blah. Shut up stupid.
laugh.r191677.gif
Exactly, stalking fancy boy dumbass.
uzi.r191677.gif
I thought i told you to shut up punk. Now go away.
laugh.r191677.gif
IronFirst1776, don't you still consider Iowa the second best team in the Big Ten? That is what you posted before the Iowa/Gonzaga game. Just curious.

Originally posted by hansenhawk:
Anyone who plays kentucky should be really scared.

And then they will lose by a very big margin.
Kentucky may be going down tonight. Go Irish!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT