ADVERTISEMENT

New 2025 WBB Recruiting Thread

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Since the other thread went off the rails, I thought I would start a new one. Read where Layla Hays reached the 1,000 point mark in January. The write-up from prospect nation said she plays with agression in the post. When listing schiols she hears from the most, she lists Iowa first, then Duke, Gonzaga, Washington, Indiana, Nebraska and North Carolina.. Hope the Hawks can close the deal with her. H & H in the post would be a tough duo.

Great idea Gunner! I propose that if the same knuckleheads start to show up, everyone that's truly interested in 2025 WBB recruiting reports them to the mods. I know they're busy, but I'm pretty sure what's going on in the other thread is not the reason they got into this business.

I agree that Layla would be a huge get for the Hawks. With Bluder's uptempo style, we need depth in the middle.

Reactions: HIWILLE and Torg
I saw where Brynn McGaughy posted pictures of her visit to Washington. Hope her official to Iowa wasn't too early in the process.

Read an interview posted on On3 with Ava Heiden. She said one of the things she appreciated about Iowa was that they gave her the space to make a decision. Doesn't sound like Coach Bluder and staff are into the hard sell. Good for them. Hopefully that approach works with McGaughy and Hays.

Last edited:
Found a Q&A with McGaughy early in the recruiting process. She was asked about here relationship with coach Bluder and the assistants. She said most of her conversations were with coach Jensen. She gave Jan glowing reviews, said she loved their conversations and the fact that Jan really wanted to find out about her as a person. That certainly can't hurt our chances moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT