ADVERTISEMENT

Elon Musk Is a Huge 'Free Speech' Advocate, But If You Criticize Him, You're Fired

Typically it is, but it looks bad for whining about how twitter edits content and then to turn around and do this. If Elon wants to be a crusader for Free Speech then he needs to be consistent. He can't be a crusader for only Free Speech that he approves of. Then it's not about free speech on twitter, it's about not being able to spread the misinformation he apparently wants to have spread around.
The first amendment doesn't protect you from being fired if you verbally and publicly attack your boss.

Yes, the thread title mentions free speech. Congratulations, you win a cookie. The thread title doesn't mention the first amendment It is entirely irrelevant to this discussion.
Whatever you say sport. Ignore that the 1st amendment is about free speech .

Chocolate Chip?

Typically it is, but it looks bad for whining about how twitter edits content and then to turn around and do this. If Elon wants to be a crusader for Free Speech then he needs to be consistent. He can't be a crusader for only Free Speech that he approves of. Then it's not about free speech on twitter, it's about not being able to spread the misinformation he apparently wants to have spread around.
Please point out the misinformation???
Belive it or not every position you disagree with isn't misinformation. What is it like to be so right about everything that you Belive every other opinion should be eradicated???

Reactions: naturalbornhawk
Whatever you say sport. Ignore that the 1st amendment is about free speech .

Chocolate Chip?

Free speech ≠ the first amendment

No one involved in this discussion here or with Musk and including Musk is speaking out against the government. The first amendment does not apply.

Please point out the misinformation???
Belive it or not every position you disagree with isn't misinformation. What is it like to be so right about everything that you Belive every other opinion should be eradicated???
FFS dude. It's not my opinion that Trump lost. GFY with this BS.

Free speech ≠ the first amendment

No one involved in this discussion here or with Musk and including Musk is speaking out against the government. The first amendment does not apply.
I’m going to give you a break since you’re a fellow Phins fan

It's not as if Elon is blocking their speech anyway. He's firing his own employees that don't agree with the direction he wants to take his company. Why all the butthurt?

Those who are against free speech should probably go take up residence elsewhere anyway. I'd suggest North Korea would be an excellent fit for you. It'd be a great way for you to complete the full circle for your family's legacy as your ancestors probably fled that shit to come here to gain those liberties you're so quick to piss away.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
FjBPRLtXEAI-lpH

It's not as if Elon is blocking their speech anyway. He's firing his own employees that don't agree with the direction he wants to take his company. Why all the butthurt?

Those who are against free speech should probably go take up residence elsewhere anyway. I'd suggest North Korea would be an excellent fit for you. It'd be a great way for you to complete the full circle for your family's legacy as your ancestors probably fled that shit to come here to gain those liberties you're so quick to piss away.
If you've followed more recent Elon / Twitter events, you'll know he's not in favor of unfettered free speech... not when it comes to showing his pasty white out of shape body lol

If you've followed more recent Elon / Twitter events, you'll know he's not in favor of unfettered free speech... not when it comes to showing his pasty white out of shape body lol
What exactly is he in favor of?

What I'd really like to know is what the avg Joe and Jane is so afraid of with allowing people to speak freely on social media platforms.

What I'd really like to know is what the avg Joe and Jane is so afraid of with allowing people to speak freely on social media platforms.
If Elon is for unfettered free speech why is he taking down any tweets or banning any users?

You can't have it both ways.

He's in favor of him making money and being famous and that's it. Twitter serves the latter only. Anyone who believes otherwise (like he's some type of altruist) is a sucker

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
If Elon is for unfettered free speech why is he taking down any tweets or banning any users?

You can't have it both ways.
Well, I'm sure it's a process and I'm not sure we've been given time to see the finished product. Are we even sure that he specifically was actually behind those decisions?

That could absolutely be the case, but is that pure speculation on your part, or do you have evidence of it?

He bought an unprofitable social media company (a business he has no experience in) at an inflated price because he's addicted to the platform and gets a lot of attention on it. The most charitable way to interpret the Twitter saga is that Musk is on-the-spectrum enough to believe Twitter was really being moderated to harm conservatives rather than the Occam's Razor interpretation that Twitter's biggest problems in moderation were posts from extreme right wingers because as it turns extreme right wingers are not the same as extreme left wingers (something that can't penetrate the brain of a "centrist"). So Musk believed something silly and thought he was trying to rectify it at a loss to him, what a great guy.

That could absolutely be the case, but is that pure speculation on your part, or do you have evidence of it?
Ummmm..... are you saying this is being done without Musk's knowledge?

Kanye West suspended from Twitter after swastika post

December 2, 2022 7:44am

Why was Twitter suppressing this story?

The best way to restore public faith in government institutions is to “send Hillary to prison“, according to Hollywood icon Morgan Freeman, who warns that unless the former First Lady’s crimes are seen to be punished, “everyday Americans will forever know, deep down, that there is one law for those with money and power, and another for the rest of us.”

Hillary should be in jail for her unlawful deeds and President Trump should absolutely, absolutely make sure this happens to send the very strong message that no-one, and I mean no-one, is above the law in the United States of America,” Morgan Freeman said in New York while promoting National Geographic’s new docu-series The Story of Us.

Responding to a question about why he thinks President Trump has not yet fulfilled this particular campaign promise, Freeman laughed and said and looked up at the heavens before saying, “Goddamnit man, you were elected for this very reason, lock that bitch up!”
After being accused of political incorrectness, Freeman laughed again, saying “It’s all about being loving and caring these days, isn’t it?

The most loving and caring thing we as a society can do for Hillary Clinton is lock her up where she can get professional and institutional help and prevent her hurting herself or anyone else.”
The veteran actor, who remains as professionally active as at any point in his long career, cannot be accused of partisan bullying. It appears the 80-year-old star is simply a straight shooter who would prefer politicians and public figures are held to the same standards as everyone else.
In September the Shawshank Redemption star appeared in a viral video demanding President Trump speak directly to the American people about the extent of Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

While insisting that the Kremlin’s election interference is “no movie script,” and that he did not know whether the allegations were true or not, Morgan said, “we need our president to speak directly to us and tell us the truth.”
We need him to sit behind the desk in the Oval Office and say, ‘My fellow Americans. During this past election, we cam under attack by the Russian government,” Freeman demands Trump to say, adding, ‘I’ve called on Congress and our intelligence community to use every resource available to conduct a thorough investigation to determine exactly how this happened.’”

Ummmm..... are you saying this is being done without Musk's knowledge?

Kanye West suspended from Twitter after swastika post​

December 2, 2022 7:44am
I'll admit I haven't followed the situation that closely, but based on the headlines I've come across and the few articles I've skimmed he seems to be in damage control for the time being. Twitter has also banned George Gammon since Elon took over. If you don't know GG, he doesn't take political sides. He's an Economist and if anything he's more of a libertarian, but has been very critical of liberal government and the liberal msm. If people suspect Elon is intentionally slanting Twitter towards the conservative, that one I can tell you does not fit that narrative. I'd suggest letting things play out a bit before we conclude the direction he plans to take Twitter.

I'll admit I haven't followed the situation that closely, but based on the headlines I've come across and the few articles I've skimmed he seems to be in damage control for the time being. Twitter has also banned George Gammon since Elon took over. If you don't know GG, he doesn't take political sides. He's an Economist and if anything he's more of a libertarian, but has been very critical of liberal government and the liberal msm. If people suspect Elon is intentionally slanting Twitter towards the conservative, that one I can tell you does not fit that narrative. I'd suggest letting things play out a bit before we conclude the direction he plans to take Twitter.
You're missing the point completely. You suggested there's no evidence that Musk is regulating posts on Twitter and there is ample evidence of this. That's not promoting "unfettered free speech" as some have claimed is Musk's motivation.

He may tweak the Twitter feed algorithm to have some more pro-Elon tweets featured, but I don't see his content moderation policies favoring conservatives. Just doesn't really make sense. What usually happens is social media companies converge on very similar content moderation policies because a lot of it is about following the law and a lot of it is market pressure by advertisers. It only seems like there is more conservative content is removed because the GOP is where the Kanyes of the world feel most welcome these days.

Why was Twitter suppressing this story?

The best way to restore public faith in government institutions is to “send Hillary to prison“, according to Hollywood icon Morgan Freeman, who warns that unless the former First Lady’s crimes are seen to be punished, “everyday Americans will forever know, deep down, that there is one law for those with money and power, and another for the rest of us.”

Hillary should be in jail for her unlawful deeds and President Trump should absolutely, absolutely make sure this happens to send the very strong message that no-one, and I mean no-one, is above the law in the United States of America,” Morgan Freeman said in New York while promoting National Geographic’s new docu-series The Story of Us.

Responding to a question about why he thinks President Trump has not yet fulfilled this particular campaign promise, Freeman laughed and said and looked up at the heavens before saying, “Goddamnit man, you were elected for this very reason, lock that bitch up!”
After being accused of political incorrectness, Freeman laughed again, saying “It’s all about being loving and caring these days, isn’t it?

The most loving and caring thing we as a society can do for Hillary Clinton is lock her up where she can get professional and institutional help and prevent her hurting herself or anyone else.”
The veteran actor, who remains as professionally active as at any point in his long career, cannot be accused of partisan bullying. It appears the 80-year-old star is simply a straight shooter who would prefer politicians and public figures are held to the same standards as everyone else.
In September the Shawshank Redemption star appeared in a viral video demanding President Trump speak directly to the American people about the extent of Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

While insisting that the Kremlin’s election interference is “no movie script,” and that he did not know whether the allegations were true or not, Morgan said, “we need our president to speak directly to us and tell us the truth.”
We need him to sit behind the desk in the Oval Office and say, ‘My fellow Americans. During this past election, we cam under attack by the Russian government,” Freeman demands Trump to say, adding, ‘I’ve called on Congress and our intelligence community to use every resource available to conduct a thorough investigation to determine exactly how this happened.’”
@86Hawkeye

You're missing the point completely. You suggested there's no evidence that Musk is regulating posts on Twitter and there is ample evidence of this. That's not promoting "unfettered free speech" as some have claimed is Musk's motivation.
No YOU'RE the one missing the point. Go back up to the post I was asking if there was evidence for.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post #60:
He's in favor of him making money and being famous and that's it.
Then I said: "That could absolutely be the case, but is that pure speculation on your part, or do you have evidence of it?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did NOT "suggest there's no evidence that Musk is regulating posts on Twitter". I was asking if there was evidence of Elon being in it purely for fame and fortune.

I AM suggesting that you get your head in the game and quit wasting people's time.

No YOU'RE the one missing the point. Go back up to the post I was asking if there was evidence for.
Post #60:

Then I said: "That could absolutely be the case, but is that pure speculation on your part, or do you have evidence of it?"

I did NOT "suggest there's no evidence that Musk is regulating posts on Twitter". I was asking if there was evidence of Elon being in it purely for fame and fortune.

I AM suggesting that you get your head in the game and quit wasting people's time.
Ummmm.......

Well, I'm sure it's a process and I'm not sure we've been given time to see the finished product. Are we even sure that he specifically was actually behind those decisions?
You were definitely questioning whether Musk is approving the bans and other moderation, which is absurd by itself. And again, the point is some are claiming Musk is doing what he is with Twitter to promote "unfettered free speech" - his actions defy that notion.

Ummmm.......

You were definitely questioning whether Musk is approving the bans and other moderation, which is absurd by itself. And again, the point is some are claiming Musk is doing what he is with Twitter to promote "unfettered free speech" - his actions defy that notion.
I was QUESTIONING it, as in, I DON'T know - as I admitted that I haven't been following the situation that closely.

Big difference from suggesting "there's no evidence that Musk is regulating posts on Twitter".

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I was QUESTIONING it, as in, I DON'T know - as I admitted that I haven't been following the situation that closely.

Big difference from suggesting "there's no evidence that Musk is regulating posts on Twitter".
I gave you a recent and highly visible example and your answer was to question if this was really approved by Musk. That's nonsense. There's no question that any of these high profile bans or post removals are directed by Musk.

And you were questioning if there is any evidence which is suggesting there is none. Absurd.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT