ADVERTISEMENT

End property tax at 65:

Of course I am. I generally laugh at you too, but not when you post lies about me. When are you going to tell me which mod I contacted and which thread I had nuked?
How the hell would I, or anyone, know that? Dipshit.

Much laughter over you providing a link that completely contradicted what it was you were saying, tis a great humpday, much laughter.

Yuk. Those Florida transplants from up north can’t stop plowing and seeding once they leave the cornfields can they? I wonder if the sexy talk goes like this: Oh baby, come here and let me shuck YOUR corncob…are you Iowans getting hot and bothered? 🌽😬
I drove (crept along in the left lane) through the Villages ONCE. What was funny is that the Catholic Church was so enormous and elaborate. They probably had a covered walkway in the back out of the sun to shade those old farts in line for confession. 😂
I think the line was for pineapples.

Reactions: goldmom
How the hell would I, or anyone, know that? Dipshit.

Much laughter over you providing a link that completely contradicted what it was you were saying, ti's a great humpday, mich laughter.
You made the claim.

You are too stupid to understand the point of that link or the others provided.

You're a lying piece of shit. And a coward.

I’m a senior and I don’t agree. Our demographics in Florida would mean a drastic reduction in revenue and it’s not sustainable.
As a senior I still use the roads, expect police protection, visit a library, etc. so why wouldn’t I expect to keep pitching my pennies into the pot?

To be fair this is true, overcoming the budget shortfall would be a challenge especially considering the size of the over 65 population.

Saw the idea on the Interwebs. The idea being to keep seniors in their homes.

I like the idea that once your mortgage is paid off you don't pay property tax. If you own something you own it.
Great idea! And then the “owner” should not be entitled to street maintenance, police/fire/ems protection and other city services either. No “park” access….Great idea!
Just paint a great big red “X” on the fronts if these homes to avoid confusion. I’d run it by you local legislator….or arrange an audience with Kim, herself!

1. Communities need infrastructure to flourish.
2. Tax dollars are required to pay for infrastructure.
3. When you need tax money, it's easiest to get it from the people who have the money.
4. To keep your tax receipts consistent, it's best to collect from people who live in the affected area.

Hence property taxes...

Reactions: goldmom
You don't own the roads and sidewalks and schools. Nothing should be age based and it makes no sense to give a millionaire 65 year old a break so as to increase the burden on the young family struggling to make ends meet.

I disagree as well. At 65 you should have had your house paid off for 20 years already, and saved enough to supplement your SS ( which was never meant to be your sole source of income, just a safety net ). Taxes are nothing more than bills for the services you use or have used in the past. Young folks don't need to subsidize old people...

I'm over 65 and I think this is a terrible idea. I can afford my taxes. Take mine away and you either put the burden on families that are having a hard enough time or you reduce the services provided by local government and your community turns to crap.

Nope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT