ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Graham

riley35

HR MVP
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Does anyone have more information on Graham? After looking at his film and stats, it just does not add up that he would have no offers. He is bigger and faster than Higdon on paper, he was all state in Alabama and no offers but Iowa. Do we know if he has the grades and or ACT to qualify?
His film looks as good or better than Higdon and he looks like he is well put together. I hope it all works out but things just don't add up.

not having a qualifying test scores kept a lot of schools away, these are the type of recruits that turn out better than their rating indicate, Rival have his rushing totals as a JR and SR posted now
JR 2387 yards 33 TD's
SR 1983 yards 27 TD's and the rating does not make sense,

IA started recruiting this kid last April and stayed by him thru the whole process, they even had him in for a OV the weekend that Higdon was visiting MI, the staff was not going to be holding the bag if Higdon flipped which is what he did. so Graham was not some knee jerk last second pick up,

Originally posted by riley35:
Does anyone have more information on Graham? After looking at his film and stats, it just does not add up that he would have no offers. He is bigger and faster than Higdon on paper, he was all state in Alabama and no offers but Iowa. Do we know if he has the grades and or ACT to qualify?
His film looks as good or better than Higdon and he looks like he is well put together. I hope it all works out but things just don't add up.
His film did look impressive and we should still be excited about that. However, the guys that Higdon played against were much bigger, faster and stronger than Graham's competition. High school film can really be deceiving, especially at the smaller high schools.

I don't want to make this sound like a knock on Graham, I just think it's important to consider the big difference in competition. It will be interesting to see the two players develop over the next few years, they do look like similar players.

We heard the same things about Wegher when his HS films came out because he played against smaller schools.

Small school, sketchy grades, and weak competition. Grades are supposedly fine now, but I have read this book before. That being said I think he will be a heck of a get. I am a believer in Graham and guys like Wadley who have been coming in. I think people will have to temper their immediate expectations as the kid will go from tiny private school to the Big10. The kid will need time to adjust. Hawk222 is correct tho in his assessment as he would have been worried if he didn't dominate. Hopefully Canzeri and Daniels can stay healthy this year so Graham can use his redshirt year to adjust academically and to Big10 play.

IMO just looking at the two on film, Graham looks more developed physically. Knock on wood, I think we may have scored with this guy. It goes without saying that we badly need a talented RB that can really take advantage of our o-line and take it to the house now and then.

carl grades were not the issue as he carries a 3.0 gpa, his coach said that the kid is not a good test taker

Wadley has the speed to take it from any where on the field, and like Canzeri struggled early in his career with fumble itis

ok let me clarify.... Test scores where an issue. Wadley is good, but we need Canzeri to stay healthy. Wadley needs to gain some good weight. I do like our potential at RB. Right now it is only potential as we haven't had a great ground game in a few seasons.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

not having a qualifying test scores kept a lot of schools away, these are the type of recruits that turn out better than their rating indicate, Rival have his rushing totals as a JR and SR posted now

JR 2387 yards 33 TD's

IA started recruiting this kid last April and stayed by him thru the whole process, they even had him in for a OV the weekend that Higdon was visiting MI, the staff was not going to be holding the bag if Higdon flipped which is what he did. so Graham was not some knee jerk last second pick up,

Iowa did not start recruiting him last Spring and stick by him through the process. I know that kilroy is getting that information from an interview done with Eric Graham's coach. Graham's coach also said in an article he was being "recruited" by some other D1 programs like Mississippi, Vanderbilt, and ND.

Oddly, in an interview with Graham he said that Iowa only contacted him two weeks before signing day. He also said in the interview that Stephen F Austin was the only other school showing him interest.

Hopefully Iowa has uncovered a diamond in the rough. Graham does dominate his compitition on the field. He looks to have an explosive first step and good vision. I am interested to see his track numbers this season.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

JR 2387 yards 33 TD's

So,there were schools afraid of his test scores but Iowa wasn't? Why would that be?

Yep, old Ferentz out foxed everyone and got another diamond in the rough. In truth, he may be a really good running back by the time he graduates. But history shows he will probably not grad from Iowa. And, he probably will not turn out to be a really good running back. Last minute recruiting results in a few quality guys and a lot of not so quality guys.

Originally posted by AirForceChiefO:
Yep, old Ferentz out foxed everyone and got another diamond in the rough. In truth, he may be a really good running back by the time he graduates. But history shows he will probably not grad from Iowa. And, he probably will not turn out to be a really good running back. Last minute recruiting results in a few quality guys and a lot of not so quality guys.

History shows that you are right and wrong. The part about RBs is generally true, but the last minute recruiting is not. They have an uncanny ability to hit on those kids. I don't know if you saw the list that Kakert put out, but the kids Iowa has signed with "last minute offers" are more often than not "hits." To the point where it is almost weird. Maybe they should just wait to hand out offers until the week of signing day.:)

I think with Graham, it is just a matter of getting here. If he does, I will be surprised if he isn't a contributor at some point.

A lot of not so quality guys. Certainly not as quality of guy that you appear to be AF Chief. We are so lucky to have a guy like you serving our country. It's nice to know you defend our freedom while thumbing your nose down at majority of Iowa football players that don't fit your mold as a quality guy.

Get over yourself.

Originally posted by Birky:

History shows that you are right and wrong. The part about RBs is generally true, but the last minute recruiting is not. They have an uncanny ability to hit on those kids. I don't know if you saw the list that Kakert put out, but the kids Iowa has signed with "last minute offers" are more often than not "hits." To the point where it is almost weird. Maybe they should just wait to hand out offers until the week of signing day.:)

I think with Graham, it is just a matter of getting here. If he does, I will be surprised if he isn't a contributor at some point.

I've never seen a list Kaket put out, but I know I did an extensive list. I'll try to find it for you.
This post was edited on 2/18 1:40 AM by MattFoleyHawk

His list was comprised of only players offered in the last week leading up to signing day going back to 2002 (as far as Rivals keeps records.) They probably hit, and by hit I mean players who were not only starters, but pretty good starters, at a rate of about 70%. It really is odd to see how well they do with the late offers.

Originally posted by ChrisVarick:

not having a qualifying test scores kept a lot of schools away, these are the type of recruits that turn out better than their rating indicate,  Rival have his rushing totals as a JR and SR posted now

JR 2387 yards 33 TD's

Iowa did not start recruiting him last Spring and stick by him through the process. I know that kilroy is getting that information from an interview done with Eric Graham's coach. Graham's coach also said in an article he was being "recruited" by some other D1 programs like Mississippi, Vanderbilt, and ND.

Oddly, in an interview with Graham he said that Iowa only contacted him two weeks before signing day. He also said in the interview that Stephen F Austin was the only other school showing him interest.

Hopefully Iowa has uncovered a diamond in the rough. Graham does dominate his compitition on the field. He looks to have an explosive first step and good vision. I am interested to see his track numbers this season.
Graham said Stephen F Austin was the only other school to offer. Graham was asked what his plans were if Iowa hadn't offered and he said his only other scholarship was SFA.

So I guess it's still possibly the other big schools had called in the previous week. Seth Wallace also said they were fielding calls from Power 5 schools to see what Iowa planned to do with EG.

you could call Graham the Ace in the hole or maybe their Ace up their sleeve,

IA already had Higdon, but they had been recruiting Graham since last spring so he is/was not your last second knee jerk recruit after losing Higdon

in fact Graham came in for a OV the same weekend that Higdon was on a OV to Michigan, the IA coaches were well versed in what this kid could do, and they knew before about him not getting a Qualifying Test score even though he had a 3.0 GPA and they stood by his side thru out the recruiting process.

this kid comes off as well grounded with out any preconceived notion of being given the starting spot. another that will find a home at IA and be another hard worker striving to be the best at his position

don't know if these have ben posted but these are his stats as a JR and a SR.

JR 2387 and 33 TD's
SR 1983 and 27 TD's

don't expect him to duplicate those numbers in college but getting 1000+ per season is desirable in 12 games, remember Shaw only has a little over 4000 yards in 4 seasons

IA already had Higdon, but they had been recruiting Graham since last spring so he is/was not your last second knee jerk recruit after losing Higdon

in fact Graham came in for a OV the same weekend that Higdon was on a OV to Michigan, the IA coaches were well versed in what this kid could do, and they knew before about him not getting a Qualifying Test score even though he had a 3.0 GPA and they stood by his side thru out the recruiting process.

this kid comes off as well grounded with out any preconceived notion of being given the starting spot. another that will find a home at IA and be another hard worker striving to be the best at his position

JR 2387 and 33 TD's
SR 1983 and 27 TD's

don't expect him to duplicate those numbers in college but getting 1000+ per season is desirable in 12 games, remember Shaw only has a little over 4000 yards in 4 seasons
Iowa was not recruiting Graham since last spring. The first time EG heard from the Iowa coaching staff was two weeks before Signing Day. I've told you this before but as usual you continue to post misinformation Kilroy.

JR 2387 and 33 TD's
SR 1983 and 27 TD's

Why not?

CV you are totally stupid on this . this info comes from TOS in a interview with the kids HS coach, why are you so desperate to trash this kid?

and anything positive about him

CV you are totally stupid on this . this info comes from TOS in a interview with the kids HS coach, why are you so desperate to trash this kid?

and anything positive about him
My information comes from a direct interview with Eric Graham on this site. Eric Graham was asked when he first started hearing from the Hawkeyes and he said it was two weeks before signing day. This info comes from Eric Graham. Why are you so convinced that Eric Graham is a liar. From everything I've read in his interview he seems like a quality kid.

You should go out and grab some pop cans from the ditch so you can afford a premium membership. As for me...

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT