ADVERTISEMENT

Ernst / Greenfield

I had high hopes for Joni. Turns out she sucks.

And yes, the ads are designed for the lowest common denominator of each side to look at the TV and go "Duhhh....yep...derrrrr....I knew it...derp."

Edit to add: @ghost80 yep, same thing here. Honestly Teresa's Iowa folksy commercials remind me a bit of Joni's first go 'round of ads. I'm not enthused but Joni has proven to be political trash.

Agree completely. If I have to see Teresa Greenfield talking about that broken in half ear of corn with the farmer one more time, I may lose my mind

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
One thing that makes me laugh about Joni's commercials is "Battalion Level Leader".

That doesn't prove that she is a good leader....all that proves is that she is a good little soldier who like a sheep, takes orders from her leader above and gives them to her leaders below...…...why should we be surprised that is all she has done in Washington.

Greenfield was a lousy choice by the Dems. And Ernst absolutely sucks

Ernst will win but man her seat was ripe for the taking. She’ll get the down ballot support from Trump too, as he’ll take Iowa again.

What is disheartening is that just like Grassley, the longer Ernst stays in, the more difficult she will be to defeat.

All you people who say Ernst “blew it”, will “reluctantly vote for Greenfield”, etc. likely don’t vote Republican anyway. You would vote for Greenfield no matter how well Ernst did/didn’t do.

All you people who say Ernst “blew it”, will “reluctantly vote for Greenfield”, etc. likely don’t vote Republican anyway. You would vote for Greenfield no matter how well Ernst did/didn’t do.

I can say that for me anyway, this is incorrect. I voted for Ernst the last time around. I'm a frequent R voter if I think they're right for the job. Just like I vote D when I think they're right for the job. I really liked a lot about Joni leading up to placing my vote and thought she had the chops to not just fall in line and be a good little politician for the establishment. Unfortunately, she has lost her way.

Last edited:
The vast majority of the attack ads against Greenfield are quotes pieced together out of context and jumbled together. I find the GOP SuperPac ads especially deceiving.

Geenfield is Ernst from six years ago, but I'm giving her a chance because Ernst has been invisible until it's time to try and get reelected.

Iowans suck at this voting thing.

tenor.gif

And threw these hard working Iowa folks to the curb! All for the benefit of a foreign corporation!
I'm voting for Ernst, but if you pay your rent, you don't get thrown to the curb. I have no problem with Greensfield evicting dead beat tenants, and I can't believe Republicans are using that as an attack ad.

Lol, Ernst is a complete and utter joke and failure who is a Trump bootlicker. She just threw out Q conspiracy shit recently as well. Iowa is a joke at this point.

WTF is wrong with these two their primary objective is gotcha ads about the dumbest crap blasted over every medium 20x per hour.

The first candidate to take all their campaign money and toss it into Derecheo relief and stop with the mind-numbing ads will get my vote. / rant

A lot of those ads aren't from the actual campaigns. A lot of outside groups are pouring a ton of money into their race.

Reactions: MitchLL and ghost80
It’s crazy to me what Trump suck ups GOP female politicians are. You’d have thought they could stick together and form a small coalition and have some leverage but they are all in on Trump. Sit quiet and do what you’re told.

I'm voting for Ernst, but if you pay your rent, you don't get thrown to the curb. I have no problem with Greensfield evicting dead beat tenants, and I can't believe Republicans are using that as an attack ad.
The fact of the matter is that the old strip mall was being torn down and replaced. Everyone who was there was going to have to leave. I would even bet that 5he landlord offered these soon to be displaced businesses alternative locations, if they were interested.
Jeeeebus, this type of thing happens every day in America...it is how realestate developers make money and stay relevant! The whole purpose of this ad is damn near unAmerican!
Only the phuquing Republicans and their PACs would go there...and only their base would be stupid enough to listen!

I would never say she blew it. I would say she's got a lot in common with Forrest Gump. Surprisingly high achiever

Reactions: cigaretteman
The fact of the matter is that the old strip mall was being torn down and replaced. Everyone who was there was going to have to leave. I would even bet that 5he landlord offered these soon to be displaced businesses alternative locations, if they were interested.
Jeeeebus, this type of thing happens every day in America...it is how realestate developers make money and stay relevant! The whole purpose of this ad is damn near unAmerican!
Only the phuquing Republicans and their PACs would go there...and only their base would be stupid enough to listen!

Can either of your provide a summary of what happened? I always take ads like these - from either side, with a large grain of salt.

Remember the good ole days when they ran ads based on how awesome they were instead of proving their opponent was the spawn of Satan?

Reactions: nelly02
A lot of those ads aren't from the actual campaigns. A lot of outside groups are pouring a ton of money into their race.

Yep, it's outside money coming in for the really dumb ads. One of my favorites on the radio right now is this one with this kind of folksy music playing in the background where this woman is looking in the want ads and considering applying to be a bartender at the local bar. Her husband chimes in why and she goes on about how Joni voted to do this, that, etc. and how are they going to make ends meet. To which the dopey husband responds "I wonder if they'll hire me too." while the banjo or whatever fades out.

Pisses me off that someone thought that this ad would persuade me - it's an absolute assault on my intelligence. And then I get sad, because I know someone listened, it resonated, and in their minds they said "Darn Joni, I knew it...da-derpy, derp, derp." The anti-Greenfield ads are just as bad...so not picking on one or the other. Just commenting on this one because it's sooooooo dumb.

Can either of your provide a summary of what happened? I always take ads like these - from either side, with a large grain of salt.

Remember the good ole days when they ran ads based on how awesome they were instead of proving their opponent was the spawn of Satan?
I guess I could...because I saw it as it happened ..today the mall is remodeled and reopened...one of its tenants is the local state marijuana store...it was Colby business as usual...originally Aldi ( the foreign corporation) was to move the remodeled mall...but they never did..,Aldi remodeled their store on Douglas extensively and in the last year opened up a new store outside Grimes.
I do have my own idea who was behind this ad is a very bitter, and very Trumpian Republican businessman who was displaced. I think the “seed” for this ad might have come from him. But, That is pure speculation on my part...based on some knowledge.m

Yep, it's outside money coming in for the really dumb ads. One of my favorites on the radio right now is this one with this kind of folksy music playing in the background where this woman is looking in the want ads and considering applying to be a bartender at the local bar. Her husband chimes in why and she goes on about how Joni voted to do this, that, etc. and how are they going to make ends meet. To which the dopey husband responds "I wonder if they'll hire me too." while the banjo or whatever fades out.

Pisses me off that someone thought that this ad would persuade me - it's an absolute assault on my intelligence. And then I get sad, because I know someone listened, it resonated, and in their minds they said "Darn Joni, I knew it...da-derpy, derp, derp." The anti-Greenfield ads are just as bad...so not picking on one or the other. Just commenting on this one because it's sooooooo dumb.

There's a radio ad that if you believed it, you can blame Democratic governors for the spread of Covid-19.

I wonder if there is any illicit videos out there of Greenfield and her twin ? Now that would be a video I can watch with pleasure

One thing that makes me laugh about Joni's commercials is "Battalion Level Leader".

That doesn't prove that she is a good leader....all that proves is that she is a good little soldier who like a sheep, takes orders from her leader above and gives them to her leaders below...…...why should we be surprised that is all she has done in Washington.
I would hammer away at her for abandoning the military. She hasn't addressed the rumors of Russian bounties on US soldiers, she hasn't poked her nose out after Trump used the military to clear out peaceful protestors, or tell him to STFU as he bashes military leaders. She hurts veterans as Trump screws with the USPS, which so many veterans count on. Trump has made one rash decision after another that has weakened the US military, and put lives at risk. She can't even tell him to stop leaking classified information because she is so afraid of a mean tweet.

BULL. I vote people and not party … never had.....never will. I even go so far if I know too little about either (or can't stand either) I won't vote in that race.

I don't keep a tally but my gut tells me over the years I've voted for more R's than D's. Joni isn't getting my vote because she stinks.....not because she is an R.

Reactions: nelly02

Its a crazy ad because there isn't a single thing on it that isn't perfectably acceptable conservative behavior. Its capitalism.

BULL. I vote people and not party … never had.....never will. I even go so far if I know too little about either (or can't stand either) I won't vote in that race.

I don't keep a tally but my gut tells me over the years I've voted for more R's than D's. Joni isn't getting my vote because she stinks.....not because she is an R.

I'm not voting for Joni, but I'm curious of the examples of what she's done that have tripped your trigger? It would help me understand how an independent thinks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT