ADVERTISEMENT

Evans Appreciation

I Agree. Great Job Mike Evans for a great career. While you may not have reached the top of the podium being a 3xAA is a great accomplishment and puts you in select company within the Hawkeye wrestling family. There have been many other Hawkeye multiple time AAs (who fell short of being National Champs) who were applauded for that accomplishment as you should be. You brought fire and grit every time you stepped on the mat and that will be missed.

Originally posted by Hicksy87:
I Agree. Great Job Mike Evans for a great career. While you may not have reached the top of the podium being a 3xAA is a great accomplishment and puts you in select company within the Hawkeye wrestling family. There have been many other Hawkeye multiple time AAs (who fell short of being National Champs) who were applauded for that accomplishment as you should be. You brought fire and grit every time you stepped on the mat and that will be missed.
Well said Hicksy. Mike Evans is one guy that opponents hated being on the same side of the bracket. They knew they were in for a war.

Thank you for everything Mike! I've enjoyed watching you over the years giving it all for our team, battling every match and wrestling even hurt just to make your team look better and have a chance.
I was amazed (but not surprised) of how many people in St. Louis were cheering against you, I guess they could hardly wait for you to graduate. In my mind, you perfectly exemplify why it will always be Iowa vs. World.
Good luck in your future endeavors and keep fighting for everything that is important in your life!

Thank you for making the huge cut to 165 fr year to help the team by getting into the lineup. You will be missed!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT