ADVERTISEMENT

Fatties are upset that they can't squeeze into the new Mario Kart attraction at Universal Studios....

200w.gif

Anytime someone says their career is "influencer", I want to:

200w.gif

79m0hb.jpg
We happened to be staying at the same hotel in San Diego last fall as the "Twitch" convention. It was overrun with "influencers." I actually felt sorry for the dumb sonsabitches because literally EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM had their face buried in a screen 90% of the time and were completely unaware of the beautiful surroundings.

That ain't no way to live, man!

Let's start looking at all HS and College olinemen across the country with man tits and a huge gut. You are consistently one of the dumbest fockers on here though so no surprise on this take

I appreciate you, thank you

I’m 6’1”, 260. There are quite a few rides at amusement parks that I do not fit into. I don’t get mad at the park. I get mad at myself. Chronic back issues, surgeries, genetics and severe depression are some of the obstacles I face trying to lose weight consistently. Yeah, those are just excuses. Honestly the major obstacle I face is depression. I’ve been as high as 300. My goal is 220, but right now, getting to 250 is challenging.

I told my story on my old screen name.

Was 500lbs in Jan of 2020.
Just weighed myself today and I’m 297

Losing weight is the hardest thing I have ever done. Harder than quitting drinking.

Many obese people have an unhealthy relationship with food, where there are treating one problem by eating too much or shitty.

I feel bad for these people, because it’s embarrassing. Hopefully it’s a wake up call.
Not sure what your work schedule is but I would be happy to be a workout buddy.

It’s unfair to call everyone overweight lazy. That’s just not true.

I know you know this, but mental health manifests itself in different ways. For some it’s food, some it’s the lack thereof, some drugs, alcohol, sex, and so on. Anyway, if you still live in the area, I would be willing to help if I can.

Losing weight is the hardest thing I have ever done. Harder than quitting drinking.

Many obese people have an unhealthy relationship with food, where there are treating one problem by eating too much or shitty.

I feel bad for these people, because it’s embarrassing. Hopefully it’s a wake up call.

Jesus Christ.

Good job. Keep working.

I am committing to bike commuting as soon as the weather turns. Will let you know if it makes a difference.

Get a fat bike. Rode 20 miles yesterday just for the phuck of it. Winter is no reason to be able to drink and be able to ride home OWI free!

Wow, you guys are making me feel better about myself, thanks! The biggest I’ve ever been was a size 36, and I probably lost 50 to 60 lbs. I’ve been at 32 for the last 7 years or so, but they must be shrinking in the wash because they’re a little tight lately.

I’m 6’1”, 260. There are quite a few rides at amusement parks that I do not fit into. I don’t get mad at the park. I get mad at myself. Chronic back issues, surgeries, genetics and severe depression are some of the obstacles I face trying to lose weight consistently. Yeah, those are just excuses. Honestly the major obstacle I face is depression. I’ve been as high as 300. My goal is 220, but right now, getting to 250 is challenging.
Do you think you tend to overeat and exercise less when you’re depressed? I find my mental health is better when I eat better and exercise, but I understand everybody’s different.

Do you think you tend to overeat and exercise less when you’re depressed? I find my mental health is better when I eat better and exercise, but I understand everybody’s different.

I know when I’m depressed and anxious I over eat a lot.

Then I get depressed about over eating.

It’s a hell of a cycle.

• Sad
Reactions: CAhawki and Mayland

That's pretty impressive. Stay after it....has to be tough.

We happened to be staying at the same hotel in San Diego last fall as the "Twitch" convention. It was overrun with "influencers." I actually felt sorry for the dumb sonsabitches because literally EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM had their face buried in a screen 90% of the time and were completely unaware of the beautiful surroundings.

That ain't no way to live, man!
When I was active duty one of my Airmen was a really smart kid who just wasn't into the Air Force thing. He'd roll into work a couple minutes late, looking like a bag of donuts and would "forget" to shave. Good worker, smart and always made me laugh so when I'd have to chew his ass my heart wasn't always into it cuz he made me laugh and I liked the kid.

Anyway, I'd give him the "you'll never amount to anything if you don't start taking things seriously" spiel a few times.

Fast forward to a couple years ago and I find out he's a Twitch "influencer". He's pulling down mid six figures and lives in a condo in San Francisco...one of my old colleagues contacted him and gave him my number and said he should call me. He did...said he appreciated my "mentorship" when he was in the AF. I don't remember it but he said I told him if he wasn't into the AF he should get out and follow his dreams.

Guess he amounted to something :)

I’d say a majority of my weight issues are depression. It’s very difficult to motivated when depressed. I don’t necessarily overeat anymore, but I used to. I make better food choices than I did in my 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. However, my food choices could still be a lot better. It’s a cycle for me, depression leads to lack of motivation. Lack of exercise leads to depression.

I see a professional regularly and am always working on myself. My father is dying and my sister has stage 3 pancreatic cancer, so sh!t is pretty rough right now.

I am committing to bike commuting as soon as the weather turns. Will let you know if it makes a difference.
Good to hear, how is it going? I know I've given you some crap but genuinely hope your health has been good.

Also, anyone heard from @TylerJ84 ? His last post was late march saying he was done, hoping he meant done with this site. I'd probably be better off following his lead if that's what he meant. He was one of not many posters who has been able to admit they were wrong in the past and I really respected his openness about his weight loss struggles and his journey with his faith. Hope he is doing OK

The new weight loss medications should help with this as they are highly effective, in at least losing 30 or so pounds. Of course, you still have to be able to pay for them.

I was at a restaurant a couple weeks back.
Waitress walked past me with 2 platters of sticky buns topped with strawberries and whip cream on top.
Took it to a table of 3 women with overweight kids. Ladies had to be 3 bills +.
Just shook my head at it. Another reason why diabetes and medical costs are skyrocketing.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
Good to hear, how is it going? I know I've given you some crap but genuinely hope your health has been good.

Also, anyone heard from @TylerJ84 ? His last post was late march saying he was done, hoping he meant done with this site. I'd probably be better off following his lead if that's what he meant. He was one of not many posters who has been able to admit they were wrong in the past and I really respected his openness about his weight loss struggles and his journey with his faith. Hope he is doing OK
Thanks for asking. Riding the bike 80% of the time, weather and task permitting.

I've dropped 35 pounds since March, due to increased activity and decreased junk food.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking. Riding bike the bike 80% of the time, weather and task permitting.

I've dropped 35 pounds since March, due to increased activity and decreased junk food.
That’s impressive. Do you track calories? I’ve found if I need to lose more than about 15 pounds I need to track. LoseIt is a pretty good free app that I’ve used.

That’s impressive. Do you track calories? I’ve found if I need to lose more than about 15 pounds I need to track. LoseIt is a pretty good free app that I’ve used.
Yeah, weigh in every morning and log meals. Pretty basic. Trying to stay between 1800-2100 calories and get at least 30-45 minutes of moderately intense exercise in every day. Working so far, but have plateaued as I've approached my goal weight, which is annoying AF. :mad:

Super Nintendo World made a splashy debut at Universal Studios Hollywood this month with its soft opening, and gamers and tourists alike raced to see what the park had to offer and to get in line to test out its highly-anticipated Mario Kart ride.

Featuring slow-moving carts painted in different colors, the augmented reality experience that places riders inside Bowser’s castle was destined to be a hit among Mario-lovers everywhere, but one detail about the ride is getting under some people’s skin.

“Nothing but wonderful things to say about Super Nintendo World except this: the body size limitations on the Mario Kart ride are absolutely ridiculous. I’ve never had any issue fitting into any ride in my entire life, and I can BARELY fit into this one. Completely absurd,” influencer Rocco Botte wrote, blasting the ride’s narrow seats on Twitter.

Another one of the ride’s critics, a Twitter user named Anna, wrote, “Can we discuss how at my biggest I would not have been able to fit on Mario Kart? A 40-inch waist line is about a size 20. Are you freaking kidding me @UniStudios? It’s a DARK RIDE.”

“You can’t have a mario kart ride that Bowser and DK wouldn’t even be allowed on. Dumb,” a third user named Zaha wrote.

Postcast host Matt Mazany chimed in on the topic on Twitter as well, writing, “Trust me when I say ‘lose a little weight’ is not a novel suggestion. Universal has a history now of releasing new rides (Harry Potter, Life of Pets, and now Mario Kart where they don’t accommodate big people yet they WILL take full admission price from us. Seems unethical.”

TikToker David Vaughn gave his followers a heads up about the size restriction on the video-sharing platform, saying. “Unfortunately, the new Mario Kart Bowser’s Challenge attraction comes with a warning that guests whose waistline is at least 40 inches or greater may not be accommodated on the ride.”

“Though there is a test seat at the attraction entrance, it’s frustrating that theme parks are still creating family-friendly attractions that aren’t accessible to many of their guests.”

As Vaughn’s video mentioned, Universal Studios’ website says a “test seat” is available at the entrance so visitors can test whether their size will be accommodated on the actual ride.

“This ride employs safety restraints which may restrict certain guests from riding due to body shape and size,” the guidelines read. “Guests whose waist line is at least 40 inches or greater may not be accommodated on the ride and are strongly encouraged to try the test seat provided at the entrance of the attraction to ensure their ability to ride.”

CDC statistics show that to be a problematic number for ride goers, however, indicating that the average U.S. male scantily exceeds the 40-inch limit with a waist circumference of 40.5-inch while the average woman’s waist circumference measures 38.7-inch, leaving people to ask if the requirement is far too restrictive as some claim.

As some tweets mentioned, Universal Studios has come under fire for the same circumference issue with other rides in the past, including the popular “Harry Potter” ride.

Super Nintendo World offers more than the Mario Kart ride, however, including adorable Mario-themed pit stops, a shop chock-full of Super Mario goods, chances to meet and greet your favorite Nintendo characters and the Toadstool Café where visitors can enjoy Nintendo-themed foods.

The park’s grand opening is expected to take place on February 17.

As we recently learned from MSNBC, only Nazis and white supremacists can fit on rides like that anyway.

Yeah, weigh in every morning and log meals. Pretty basic. Trying to stay between 1800-2100 calories and get at least 30-45 minutes of moderately intense exercise in every day. Working so far, but have plateaued as I've approached my goal weight, which is annoying AF. :mad:
Likely your BMR has dropped. Base Metabolic Rate.

The less you weigh the less calories your body burns just to sustain itself.

Reactions: torbee
Michelle Obama said that almost 15 years ago - America's right wing flipped her off. We know who raised the fat kids.
There is a little more to what she was trying to campaign there if memory serves.

We need to promote healthy living and we need to pay for lunches are 2 different things.

There is a little more to what she was trying to campaign there if memory serves.

We need to promote healthy living and we need to pay for lunches are 2 different things.
Your memory is owned, bruh - Michelle Obama tried to tackle obesity and y'all flipped her off. Your memory is convoluted.

This wasn't about free meals, it was about eating right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT