ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite postgame show/podcast

What's your favorite postgame show or podcast to listen to? I'm a fan of From the Hawkeye of the Storm. I love when they have Don Patterson on and he can actually talk without being interrupted constantly, unlike when he's on KCJJ with that blabbermouth Pat Harty.
I get it... Pat Harty likes to hear himself talk... but at least he tries to be fair about things..
Braida is just a negative negtard... the guy sucks all the fun out of Iowa Hawkeye football.

Scott Doctor man is my favoirite along with the guy with Dean Frien

I get it... Pat Harty likes to hear himself talk... but at least he tries to be fair about things..
Braida is just a negative negtard... the guy sucks all the fun out of Iowa Hawkeye football.

Scott Doctor man is my favoirite along with the guy with Dean Frien
Dochterman is good and his writing is actually worth paying for. Harty tries to play things down the middle too much, and God help you if you disagree with him on Twitter. Thanks for telling me about the Dean Frein shows, I'll watch them later on his Youtube:

I used to like the Pat Harty show but they go so far off track that it makes it hard sometimes.

My go to now is Two Guys
It's not just that they go off track, Pat only talks about stuff from 40-50 years ago: Zeppelin, Andy Griffith, Rockford Files or all the 80's music he "hates" but somehow knows all the lyrics to, or stuff from Des Moines in the 70's and 80's. Because he doesn't watch or listen to anything new, other than sports, all he can talk about is the same old topics. The Iowa athletes on Wednesdays are a breath of fresh air, I wish they'd be interviewed longer so that there would be much less opportunity for Pat to go for the 70s/80s shows/music crutch.

Also, if someone would push Pat to be ready to discuss all the Hawkeye sports game times, who they're playing and how people can watch, there would be less stumbling/fumbling around trying to figure it out, every show. How hard is it to screenshot schedules from Iowa Athletics site?

Pat's biggest Achilles heel is since he works for himself, he has no editor/boss running herd on him and driving him to consistently improve, and he lashes out at anyone who doesn't kiss his ass on Twitter. Then he asks for donations on his website, without thinking, "Why would anyone want to donate to someone who insults them on Twitter, and never knows any of the Hawkeye teams game times, opponents or how to watch them?"

What's Two Guys, is that a podccast or youtube show? Hopefully it doesn't involve one cup....

Last edited:
It's not just that they go off track, Pat only talks about stuff from 40-50 years ago: Zeppelin, Andy Griffith, Rockford Files or all the 80's music he "hates" but somehow knows all the lyrics to, or stuff from Des Moines in the 70's and 80's. Because he doesn't watch or listen to anything new, other than sports, all he can talk about is the same old topics. The Iowa athletes on Wednesdays are a breath of fresh air, I wish they'd be interviewed longer so that there would be much less opportunity for Pat to go for the 70s/80s shows/music crutch.

What's Two Guys, is that a podccast or youtube show? Hopefully it doesn't involve one cup....
It's the Iowa Everywhere flagship show. It started as Two Guys Named Chris, but I think they changed it because coincidentally enough there's already another YT podcast called that that launched before Iowa Everywhere was established. So they recently condensed it to Two Guys. My guess is the name is still being workshopped.

The postgame show is called Instant Iowa with Chris Hassel and Andrew Downs. Williams has dropped by once or twice, but is typically doing his stuff for ISU on gamedays.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned WHO Soundoff.

Reactions: hawkfan2024
It's the Iowa Everywhere flagship show. It started as Two Guys Named Chris, but I think they changed it because coincidentally enough there's already another YT podcast called that that launched before Iowa Everywhere was established. So they recently condensed it to Two Guys. My guess is the name is still being workshopped.

The postgame show is called Instant Iowa with Chris Hassel and Andrew Downs. Williams has dropped by once or twice, but is typically doing his stuff for ISU on gamedays.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned WHO Soundoff.
Thanks, I'd heard of Two Guys Named Chris but never checked it out. I listen to WHO Soundoff as a podcast, but the callers are the same ones week after week, so it gets a little old. Though hearing someone get into a car crash live while they were on the phone a few weeks ago was thrilling. The other thing that's annoying about that show is all the ads Iheart puts into the podcast, and the constant references to old callers that died years ago like "Tommy in Des Moines", I don't know who that is and don't care.

Also, if someone would push Pat to be ready to discuss all the Hawkeye sports game times, who they're playing and how people can watch, there would be less stumbling/fumbling around trying to figure it out, every show. How hard is it to screenshot schedules from Iowa Athletics site?

Pat's biggest Achilles heel is since he works for himself, he has no editor/boss running herd on him and driving him to consistently improve, and he lashes out at anyone who doesn't kiss his ass on Twitter. Then he asks for donations on his website, without thinking, "Why would anyone want to donate to someone who insults them on Twitter, and never knows any of the Hawkeye teams game times, opponents or how to watch them?"

yea... I commented on their radio show one time and they all got mad at me because I recommended that they should talk more about the Iowa Hawkeyes rather than Pink Floyd and smoking dope

• Haha
Reactions: hawkfan2024
yea... I commented on their radio show one time and they all got mad at me because I recommended that they should talk more about the Iowa Hawkeyes rather than Pink Floyd and smoking dope
When was that? They've started cracking down on repeat callers, one guy who sounded like he was sleepy called three times and added nothing so Steve told him he couldn't call any more that day, lol.

Last edited:

You are pretty much spot on

Two Guys Named Chris on Iowa Everywhere. Chris Williams (ISU) and Chris Hassell (Iowa fan / CBS). They veer off some as well but a lot more actual sports talk. Mainly cover FB and BB between both schools.

What's your favorite postgame show or podcast to listen to? I'm a fan of From the Hawkeye of the Storm. I love when they have Don Patterson on and he can actually talk without being interrupted constantly, unlike when he's on KCJJ with that blabbermouth Pat Harty.
Brada & From the Hawkeye of the Storm is good, save for the ads and some of the idiot callers.

A really good one is College Football Recap With Hank Jones & Avid Mike. Two Hawk fans, do a little recap of all "noteworthy" games, a little more about B1G, and then focus on the Hawks. It's Sunday mornings on BlogTalkRadio, so they aren't going schizo immediately post-game.

Is Jon Miller not doing anything post-game? Or Rob Howe? I thought they were supposed to be "Hawkeye oracle" types?

Brada & From the Hawkeye of the Storm is good, save for the ads and some of the idiot callers.

A really good one is College Football Recap With Hank Jones & Avid Mike. Two Hawk fans, do a little recap of all "noteworthy" games, a little more about B1G, and then focus on the Hawks. It's Sunday mornings on BlogTalkRadio, so they aren't going schizo immediately post-game.

Is Jon Miller not doing anything post-game? Or Rob Howe? I thought they were supposed to be "Hawkeye oracle" types?
Which shows have callers?

That blogtalk show sounds cool, I'll look into it.

Rob was doing live reaction podcasts with a couple former Hawkeye players last year, but he isn't so far this season. I don't pay attention to anything Jon Miller does.

Which shows have callers?

That blogtalk show sounds cool, I'll look into it.

Rob was doing live reaction podcasts with a couple former Hawkeye players last year, but he isn't so far this season. I don't pay attention to anything Jon Miller does.
I've honestly thought about doing a podcast of my own/live stream games.

Can't decide if I want to play it as a more straight-laced, buttoned-up production or a looser, reactionary caricature type of show where I don't have to hide my feelings in front of children and other people who might be offended by "coarse language"................ ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT