ADVERTISEMENT

Federal Department of Education

Fine. Let's just bring in Big Macs and Fries.

F it. We're already going down the Idiocracy path.

Im not saying that, but there are options for children to eat and they are not eating it. What are these school districts supposed to do? Force feed these kids?

I don't know what the solution is, I just know the program they currently have is not working for the better of the students.

If they local district makes changes to the food program, do they still get the money from the government? I thought I read they had to follow the strict guidelines set in place? is that correct.

In relation to the taxes. I understand that taxes go to a lot of things, I was just wondering why people are up in arms about this voucher program and money being taken away. There is money from property taxes still coming in, so who cares. They still get their $$ regardless from that. They surely won't take that away.

Here';s your problem boys and girls. The department of Education can't fix this. Babies born out of wedlock.

The numbers varied by race as well. Among black women who had a birth in the last year, more than two-thirds (68 percent) were not married. The share for Asians was 11 percent; for non-Hispanic whites, 26 percent; and for Hispanics, 43 percent.

Here’s a map showing the rates by state/district:

Photo
economix-01statemapbirth-blog480.jpg

Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2011 American Community Survey.Credit
Washington, D.C. had the highest percentage of women with a birth in the previous year who were unmarried (51 percent), followed closely by Louisiana (49 percent), Mississippi (48 percent) and New Mexico (48 percent). The states with the lowest percentages were Utah (15 percent) and New Hampshire (20 percent).

The metro areas with the highest rates of births to unmarried women were Flagstaff, Ariz. (74.6 percent); Greenville, N.C. (69.4 percent); Lima, Ohio (67.5 percent); Myrtle Beach-North Myrtle Beach-Conway, S.C. (67.4 percent); Danville, Va. (67.3 percent). At the other end of the spectrum were Provo-Orem, Utah (8.2 percent); Kennewick-Pasco-Richland, Wash.(12.2 percent); Bremerton-Silverdale, Wash. (12.5 percent); and Lake Havasu City-Kingman, Ariz. (12.7 percent).

In relation to the taxes. I understand that taxes go to a lot of things, I was just wondering why people are up in arms about this voucher program and money being taken away. There is money from property taxes still coming in, so who cares. They still get their $$ regardless from that. They surely won't take that away.

Depending on the state schools use find accounting and revenue is segregated by fund.

In my state property tax funds transportation, capital needs (maintenance, repair, technology) and bus purchases. Money that is lost because of vouchers hits the fund that is used to fund educational expenses like teacher salaries, supplies, curriculum, etc.

As schools lose money they lose the ability to provide for classroom level expenses.

And this doesn't even get in to the macro level budget discussions about where voucher money is accounted for in state revenues and expenditures.

Funny stuff here. A couple years ago, the cons were on a "it's equality of opportunity not equality of outcome" kick.

Now they've devolved to where they don't care if a child in Mississippi doesn't have the same educational opportunities as a child in Wisconsin.
That falls in line with the pro-birth, anti-care Repubbers.

Why is it needed?
It's not needed. It's a giant waste of resources and completely unnecessary. It's serves no purpose but to add another layer of bureaucracy and a means to waste money.

I think Devos is a terrible choice, but almost so terrible it might be good because it may put an end to this pile of crap govt program.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
What Will the Republicans Do Now?
Laurence M. Vance

Yesterday, the day that the new secretary of the federal Dept. of Education was confirmed by the Senate, Rep. Tom Massie introduced a one-sentence bill to abolish the department. What will the Republicans do now? Back in the 1980s they used to talk about eliminating the Dept. of Education. When they had absolute control of the government for over four years under George W. Bush they only didn’t eliminate it, they doubled its budget. So, what will the Republicans do now? Will they vote to eliminate it or not? Based on years of observing Republicans in Congress, I am not holding my breath.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT