ADVERTISEMENT

Feingold running for Wisconsin Senate

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Wants his old job back from the "Oshkosh Job Creator", Ron Johnson. I guess the Republicans haven't noticed Wisconsin's lagging job growth and dire financial status of late.:

Former Wisconsin Sen. Russ Feingold is running for his old job, setting up a rematch with Republican Ron Johnson, one of the most vulnerable incumbents on the 2016 Senate map.

Feingold spent 18 years representing Wisconsin in the Senate before losing to Johnson, a tea party-affiliated businessman, by five percentage points in 2010. But the Democrat starts the 2016 race with an apparent advantage over Johnson: A Marquette Law School poll last month found Feingold earning 54 percent of the vote, to 38 percent for the incumbent.

“Let’s fight together for change,” Feingold says in an announcement video filmed at his home in Middleton, Wis. “That means helping to bring back to the U.S. Senate strong independence, bipartisanship and honesty. So, today, I’m pleased to announce I’m running for the U.S. Senate in 2016.”

The Democrat’s entrance into the race is not unexpected. Feingold left a State Department position as a special envoy to the Great Lakes region of Africa in February.

His decision to run is a victory for national Democrats who hope to take back the Senate in 2016. Rep. Gwen Moore and other Democrats had also considered running, but Feingold’s entrance is likely to clear the field.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee endorsed Feingold almost immediately, with DSCC chairman Jon Tester calling Feingold “a tenacious champion for the people of Wisconsin throughout his career.”

Republicans immediately slammed Feingold as a “career politician.”

“After decades in politics, Feingold’s ego still can’t grasp that he was soundly defeated by Oshkosh job creator Ron Johnson in 2010,” said Andrea Bozek, the communications director at the National Republican Senatorial Committee. “Wisconsin voters know a desperate career politician when they see one, and that is why they will reelect their independent leader, Ron Johnson.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/russ-feingold-wisconsin-senate-117948.html#ixzz3a8Xe7QTF

What is Johnson's other career besides politics?
He founded a successful manufacturing company. First role in politics is his current Senate position.

Regarding job growth in Wisconsin lagging national trends, don't let context influence your argument. Wisconsin lost fewer jobs in the Great Receccsion and the unemployment level was amongst the lowest in the country.

He founded a successful manufacturing company. First role in politics is his current Senate position.

Regarding job growth in Wisconsin lagging national trends, don't let context influence your argument. Wisconsin lost fewer jobs in the Great Receccsion and the unemployment level was amongst the lowest in the country.

I made no argument about job growth. It is nice that Johnson founded a company, but right now he is in the United States Senate. He joined the Senate in 2010 and is asking to be re-elected so that he can be in the Senate until at least 2012.
That means that his current career is as a politician.

How dare you bring out facts to counter that.

I made no argument about job growth. It is nice that Johnson founded a company, but right now he is in the United States Senate. He joined the Senate in 2010 and is asking to be re-elected so that he can be in the Senate until at least 2012.
That means that his current career is as a politician.
Apologies, I was referring to the opening line of the OP's post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT