ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Bouzakis leaving makes sense with Mendez currently at the same weight. I saw a Big 10 and beyond special about Bouzakis and the unfortunate passing of his younger brother Greco. Evidently Coach Ryan lost a child at a young age as well and formed a big bond with the Bouzakis family. Not saying he's not coming to Iowa but the Coach Ryan and the Bouzakis family have a very good relationship. It would be a major coup to get him to portal in!

Bouzakis leaving makes sense with Mendez currently at the same weight. I saw a Big 10 and beyond special about Bouzakis and the unfortunate passing of his younger brother Greco. Evidently Coach Ryan lost a child at a young age as well and formed a big bond with the Bouzakis family. Not saying he's not coming to Iowa but the Coach Ryan and the Bouzakis family have a very good relationship. It would be a major coup to get him to portal in!
Is there any smoke to him coming?! That’d fill the lineup for 133.

I would have serious issues with Iowa taking AJ. However, Tom has a pretty good track record of producing kids that do things the right way and don’t cause many issues. We have rarely had problems with wrestlers during his tenure. Seth Gross, Ryan and Lembeck are the three that come to mind and they were removed. Montell Marion had some issues. They haven’t been ones to take risky kids.

Edwin Cooper got a second chance as well after doing basically what Anthony Ferrari did, never had any issues afterward.

Some feel differently but I respect Coach Ryan. He wasn’t perfect by any means but he did treat my friend’s sons pretty well during their time wrestling at tOSU.

That said, Bouzakis does want to be where his sister can wrestle, and even though tOSU has a women’s club team, Iowa is clearly the place for a strong female wrestler these days. Makes sense in this regard.

Some feel differently but I respect Coach Ryan. He wasn’t perfect by any means but he did treat my friend’s sons pretty well during their time wrestling at tOSU.

That said, Bouzakis does want to be where his sister can wrestle, and even though tOSU has a women’s club team, Iowa is clearly the place for a strong female wrestler these days. Makes sense in this regard.
A buddy of mine has become really good friends with Tom, Tom talked about the passing of his young son on my friends podcast and it was hard not to tear up.

Taking on one reclamation project doesn't worry me.. but taking on one (or two, depending on who you believe) + siblings means that if one relationship goes sideways, it likely wont be the only one.

That said, I trust TnT, and welcome Iowa getting as many guys in the room that they think can help the team.

His sister is a stud. She's been beating up on the boys since day 1. I keep waiting for the puberty thing to take over where the boys begin to out physical her, but that still hasn't happened. That being said, she is only an 8th grader so their collegiate careers wouldn't necessarily overlap but he would still be in the hwc phase of his career while she was at Iowa (if that all panned out). Either way, I have no doubt that jaclyn bouzakis will be making us women's world teams at some point in her career.

Last edited:
I’m shocked you didn’t know all this.

Honestly… just hoped it wasn’t true. But didn’t know. Wow.

Why would you think there would be another way?

The playing field is level
OTHER than bringing a known cancer? Who also doesn’t respect women?

I mean… like I said. Tom out here risking it all. And I mean in the sense that, if this doesn’t work out, it will be something that will cost Tom his job.

Tom out here risking it all
I guess this one way of thinking about it, Yet another way to think would be he is using knowledge, connections and his support team (including Gable) to do what is necessary to get the Hawkeyes back on top.

PSU has set the bar extremely high with all the firepower they have. Taking the gloves off is what is needed to stand toe to toe with them. I would rest assure that TnT will continue to have the highest of integrity upheld for anyone who laces them up as a Hawkeye!

I guess this one way of thinking about it, Yet another way to think would be he is using knowledge, connections and his support team (including Gable) to do what is necessary to get the Hawkeyes back on top.

PSU has set the bar extremely high with all the firepower they have. Taking the gloves off is what is needed to stand toe to toe with them. I would rest assure that TnT will continue to have the highest of integrity upheld for anyone who laces them up as a Hawkeye!

This. Cael and the empire has staked its claim. We need a leader to wage guerilla warfare (within the rules). Tom’s that guy. I believe he knows we are at war with psu. No holds bar (within the rules, even if it means being barely in)

Honestly… just hoped it wasn’t true. But didn’t know. Wow.

OTHER than bringing a known cancer? Who also doesn’t respect women?

I mean… like I said. Tom out here risking it all. And I mean in the sense that, if this doesn’t work out, it will be something that will cost Tom his job.
We all know that isn’t true. This could blow up and Barta wouldn’t fire him. (Hopefully Barta isn’t retained after his current contract is up)

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv
Need to save all the hopeful comments in this thread for when the Jersey boys burn Iowa wrestling to the ground and everyone loses their jobs. This is what Iowa wrestling has become??? Nice commitment tweet.

I imagine Barta put down his banquet fork and watercress sandwich long enough to weigh in with TNT on a plan like this.

Your a Penn State fan so maybe you can answer if it was risky and morally bankrupt when Carl brought in Andrew Long?
I am not sure it is morally bankrupt in all circumstances to give people a second chance to turn their lives around (obviously each circumstance is different) but it is certainly a risky undertaking.

Cael rolled the dice with Long. Cael's gamble delivered a national championship and Long did not get in trouble under Cael's watch while at PSU. However, Long's conduct after he left PSU is certainly not a badge of honor for the program. Notice that PSU has not taken a wrestler with such questionable character since then and, to my knowledge, are not recruiting any of the Ferrari brothers despite their immense talent.

Brands taking on all three Ferrari brothers for multiple seasons is a much bigger risk than Cael taking on Long for one season. If all three Ferrari brothers go to Iowa, they are going to become the face of program. I know Brands is hoping he can turn these young people around, but he is literally staking his job, his reputation, and the reputation of Iowa Wrestling on three wrestlers with highly questionable character.

It will certainly be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT