ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Bouzakis leaving makes sense with Mendez currently at the same weight. I saw a Big 10 and beyond special about Bouzakis and the unfortunate passing of his younger brother Greco. Evidently Coach Ryan lost a child at a young age as well and formed a big bond with the Bouzakis family. Not saying he's not coming to Iowa but the Coach Ryan and the Bouzakis family have a very good relationship. It would be a major coup to get him to portal in!
That story about Bouzakis' family (and Ryan...and anyone else) losing a young child was heart wrenching. Young kid was named Greco Roman. Puts all the trivial bickering in perspective, huh.

We have to have a couple National Champs. (Woods, Chittum?) This is a change which has to happen.
If we get the lineup we are anticipating based on this thread we could have 8-10 All-Americans. PSU is losing points in RBY and Dean. Some luck in the bracket wouldn’t hurt.
Understand. But this is also not considering PSU improvement.

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE
Ayala would deck steen, my guess though is F*** st will have someone else? The black hole will continue regarddless!!!

I would also not have Howwierd beating Teske AND we may have someone else which swings it more into IOWAs favor!!!!

157, I do not believe Ferrari is a SR.?When he is in the line up though, he will most likely be favored!

AJ at 197 decks whomever they have as of right now!!!
157 Ferrari graduated in 2022 I think.

We have work to do.
That’s no lie. That Brody thread should almost be pinned as the standard of excellence for this forum.

While we’re pinning things we should also include of list of HR / GIA isms. Such as, moran for moron, and Kolby Koby Colby to mess with Grip for his misspelling of Cobe. I’d also add wow such handsome as a term of endearment for a solid wrestling performance / upset. That was an excellent moment that happened just this year. There are many more I can’t think of at this moment.

Last edited:
All week long i have been reading about lowered expectations,and how something has to change.There are 2 fire brands threads currently,Everybody thinks iowa has a bunch of slow footed plodders. Tom Brands is cursed with win or you are a bum. Well crap i hate long winded posts(i have never read 1 of ibirds rants all the way through)people are saying step it up or step aside ,this is stepping it up.Might work

All week long i have been reading about lowered expectations,and how something has to change.There are 2 fire brands threads currently,Everybody thinks iowa has a bunch of slow footed plodders. Tom Brands is cursed with win or you are a bum. Well crap i hate long winded posts(i have never read 1 of ibirds rants all the way through)people are saying step it up or step aside ,this is stepping it up.Might work
I totally understand. The question is why did Iowa become this desperate. Edit: If they sign AJ.

That’s no lie. That Brody thread should almost be pinned as the standard of excellence for this forum.

While we’re pinning things we should also include of list of HR / GIA isms. Such as, moran for moron, and Kolby Koby Colby to mess with Grip for his misspelling of Cobe. I’d also add wow such handsome as a term of endearment for a solid wrestling performance / upset. That was an excellent moment that happened just this year. There are many more I can’t think of at this moment.
83%, Bael/Carl, Streibler, Nickle, f*n, just to name a few. It's a complicated board for a newbie to navigate.

No. I just am honest enough to believe that what the program is doing isn't going to beat PSU. Do you agree or not?
I see marked improvement from where we were six years ago. We are now seeing recruiting classes with multiple top ten guys, a new facility, back to back sell out years, and 2 championships (I’m counting Covid, Iowa was favs).

Would I like to see more individual champs, and more aggressive offensive wrestling. Hell yes, but ask me that question in 197 and I would have said the same thing.

This is Iowa. Gable reached for perfection 10 champs with 10 pins. He feel short every time. We’re moving in the right direction with this current staff. Trust the process. If we don’t get an uptick on results the next 3-4 years, then start complaining. Till then look at last years class, the high quality transfers we’re getting in, and the new facility. I think it’s hard to argue Iowa isn’t trending in the right direction. They might not be going as fast as we’d like them to, but you gotta remember. Cael wants to win too. Psu isn’t gonna roll over. Iowa needs to push them over.

Cael has won 10 out of 12.
Carl has won 10 out of 14 or 15. You can't start with his first win if you're trying to match Gable's record.
No. I just am honest enough to believe that what the program is doing isn't going to beat PSU. Do you agree or not?
If the program is doing everything mentioned in this thread, I think they will beat PSU in the next year or two. If some philosophical and or coaching changes aren't made, I don't know about the long term.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
I see marked improvement from where we were six years ago. We are now seeing recruiting classes with multiple top ten guys, a new facility, back to back sell out years, and 2 championships (I’m counting Covid, Iowa was favs).

Would I like to see more individual champs, and more aggressive offensive wrestling. Hell yes, but ask me that question in 197 and I would have said the same thing.

This is Iowa. Gable reached for perfection 10 champs with 10 pins. He feel short every time. We’re moving in the right direction with this current staff. Trust the process. If we don’t get an uptick on results the next 3-4 years, then start complaining. Till then look at last years class, the high quality transfers we’re getting in, and the new facility. I think it’s hard to argue Iowa isn’t trending in the right direction. They might not be going as fast as we’d like them to, but you gotta remember. Cael wants to win too. Psu isn’t gonna roll over. Iowa needs to push them over.
Things aren't going to change with this staff. It's life. They can't catch Cael so we need to decide if second is okay.

Carl has won 10 out of 14 or 15. You can't start with his first win if you're trying to match Gable's record.

If the program is doing everything mentioned in this thread, I think they will beat PSU in the next year or two. If some philosophical and or coaching changes aren't made, I don't know about the long term.
If.

Making sure I got this all right

Anthony Ferrari is committed to Iowa and projects to start at 157 next year (Chittum at 149)

Bousakas is transferring from tOSU and projects to start at 133 next year

Angelo Ferrari is coming to spend his senior year of HS in IC (or is it some other HS stud coming to IC?)

AJ Ferrari is getting his charges dropped and is transferring to Iowa (apparently to compete for the coveted 197 lb starting spot against Sloan and Podnanski who are also transferring to challenge AJ).

Did I miss anything?

Making sure I got this all right

Anthony Ferrari is committed to Iowa and projects to start at 157 next year (Chittum at 149)

Bousakas is transferring from tOSU and projects to start at 133 next year

Angelo Ferrari is coming to spend his senior year of HS in IC (or is it some other HS stud coming to IC?)

AJ Ferrari is getting his charges dropped and is transferring to Iowa (apparently to compete for the coveted 197 lb starting spot against Sloan and Podnanski who are also transferring to challenge AJ).

Did I miss anything?
What charges? He has been dismissed of other stuff in the past.

You have a short memory. Iowa had the best team in 20 and 21. PSU was 4th in the B1G in 20. They punted a whole year in 2015 to align their studs for part of their run 16-19.

Honest question - what are you hoping to accomplish here? What is a success for you? Some want them here. Some don’t. It’s clear where you stand. Crystal.

You have a short memory. Iowa had the best team in 20 and 21. PSU was 4th in the B1G in 20. They punted a whole year in 2015 to align their studs for part of their run 16-19.

Honest question - what are you hoping to accomplish here? What is a success for you? Some want them here. Some don’t. It’s clear where you stand. Crystal.
PSU has won 10 out of the last 12 titles. My memory is short. Yes. When I grew up Iowa was the standard. If you didn't win you made changes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT