ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Things aren't going to change with this staff. It's life. They can't catch Cael so we need to decide if second is okay.
I’m not sure it’s a good idea to continue this discussion if you’re just going to continue beating the same drum. If you can’t acknowledge that Iowa has made some improvements the last 5 years or so I don’t know what we’re going to agree on.

There’s always room for improvement but I’m excited about the changes in recruiting, the transfers, and the new facility. All of those are positive. Give it time to play out. I believe Iowa wrestling is trending up. Imo.

I’m not sure it’s a good idea to continue this discussion if you’re just going to continue beating the same drum. If you can’t acknowledge that Iowa has made some improvements the last 5 years or so I don’t know what we’re going to agree on.

There’s always room for improvement but I’m excited about the changes in recruiting, the transfers, and the new facility. All of those are positive. Give it time to play out. I believe Iowa wrestling is trending up. Imo.
What are the improvements besides the facilities?

Reactions: fufighters
No mention of Iowa.

Of possible interest to some, AJ referred to himself in the third person...first as The King...then as Mr. Fast Twitch...then gave himself multiple compliments, including the amount of weight he can lift.

Talk about a guy who sucks all the oxygen out of the room. I'm not even in the same room with him, and I needed to open a window.

Sorry, I don't see how he could possibly last more than a week in the Iowa room. Probably any room.
No. I just am honest enough to believe that what the program is doing isn't going to beat PSU. Do you agree or not?
I will. Iowa’s not beating Penn State with Cael in charge. They have the money, the resources and an endless supply of preps who love blue singlets and white belts. They also have the it. I’m not going to compare coaches because regardless, that’s not our biggest problem.

hello-greetings.gif
Disagreeing is fine, but you have to restrain from name calling… I think things got a little personal.

I will. Iowa’s not beating Penn State with Cael in charge. They have the money, the resources and an endless supply of preps. I’m not going to compare coaches because regardless, that’s not the biggest problem.
Well, we beat them in 2021 and if not for COVID we would have absolutely demolished them and the rest of the field in 2020. So that’s 2 very recent years. There’s no reason we can’t get back to beating them again very soon, Carl or no Carl.

And as for money, we’re building that up as we speak. Not to mention the nicest facility in the world. I’d say that qualifies as pretty good resources. As for preps, Iowa is trending up, plus our national reach has been pretty strong lately and hopefully continuing to grow. And as for PA, we have some pretty solid pipelines there too.

All in all, I think things are trending quite nicely for the Hawks.

Last edited:
You need to move on man. The Gable era was great. It ended. It is unlikely that Iowa will be able to return to that level of dominance.
Uggh. I have. The fact that some people believe the Brands are untouchable is hilarious. We can't beat PSU. We need to make changes. Period.

Reactions: drunkengoat
Great response. I wouldn’t expect anything different. You are a lot like the only thing I hate about summer. That nagging little nat that won’t leave
Do you like taking second? I can't believe I have to explain this to people. Iowa wrestling fans should expect improvement.

Making sure I got this all right

Anthony Ferrari is committed to Iowa and projects to start at 157 next year (Chittum at 149)

Bousakas is transferring from tOSU and projects to start at 133 next year

Angelo Ferrari is coming to spend his senior year of HS in IC (or is it some other HS stud coming to IC?)

AJ Ferrari is getting his charges dropped and is transferring to Iowa (apparently to compete for the coveted 197 lb starting spot against Sloan and Podnanski who are also transferring to challenge AJ).

Did I miss anything?
Somebody's cousin might come and roll around with them in the HWC...

Making sure I got this all right

Anthony Ferrari is committed to Iowa and projects to start at 157 next year (Chittum at 149)

Bousakas is transferring from tOSU and projects to start at 133 next year

Angelo Ferrari is coming to spend his senior year of HS in IC (or is it some other HS stud coming to IC?)

AJ Ferrari is getting his charges dropped and is transferring to Iowa (apparently to compete for the coveted 197 lb starting spot against Sloan and Podnanski who are also transferring to challenge AJ).

Did I miss anything?
…And apparently @Gobblin is a cork soaker.

Gable Stevesen was accused of the very same, if not worse.. Mug shot and all. He’s an American hero and role model for kids the world over.

People have such short damn memories.
Gee, I guess I missed the part where Gable got thrown out of prep school for behavioral issues. Or crossed a yellow line cresting a hill trying to pass 3 cars, hit an oncoming car, and rolled his truck a few time. Or have videos of handling guns in an unsafe manner. Or have screenshots of him sending sexually disgusting texts to young women.

I think perhaps it’s you who has the short memory. All of this was discussed in explicit detail much earlier in this thread. This would be well beyond a “second” chance for this kid.

Do you like taking second? I can't believe I have to explain this to people. Iowa wrestling fans should expect improvement.
Okay, it takes alot to annoy me, but you're getting real close. No idea what your end game is here. I'll guarantee you there's not a single person here who doesn't want to see us #1, and probably not a single person...including TnT.. who doesn't have an idea of something they think should change to help us get there.....even if easier said than done. To imply anything else is just stupid. People just differ on what changes are most needed/important. I no longer even have a clue as to what your main point is in this discussion.

You have a short memory. Iowa had the best team in 20 and 21. PSU was 4th in the B1G in 20. They punted a whole year in 2015 to align their studs for part of their run 16-19.

Honest question - what are you hoping to accomplish here? What is a success for you? Some want them here. Some don’t. It’s clear where you stand. Crystal.
2 years on the last how many? Standards have dropped?

They also need to be fundraisers. Gable was great at that.
The HWC has been killing it in fundraising over the last 6 years or so. Banquets, golf outings, shoots, and most importantly the Arctic Plunge, all in addition to the Inner Circle, established by outstanding former president Randy Novak and continuing to grow (pushing 600 members and growing) under Chad Beatty and Brad Eldeen. That’s not even to mention the HWC endowment, which is pushing $2M and on the way to $15M.

Gable had some funds, but the HWC is getting some FUNDS!!! I think IAChief is onto something — it appears that you’ve been somewhere else for the last 6 years or so. Any chance you were on the international space station?

The HWC has been killing it in fundraising over the last 6 years or so. Banquets, golf outings, shoots, and most importantly the Arctic Plunge, all in addition to the Inner Circle, established by outstanding former president Randy Novak and continuing to grow (pushing 600 members and growing) under Chad Beatty and Brad Eldeen. That’s not even to mention the HWC endowment, which is pushing $2M and on the way to $15M.

Gable had some funds, but the HWC is getting some FUNDS!!! I think IAChief is onto something — it appears that you’ve been somewhere else for the last 6 years or so. Any chance you were on the international space station?
Has not transferred to the mat. You are too close. I love what IAChief is trying to do but that doesn't make me wrong.

Has not transferred to the mat. You are too close. I love what IAChief is trying to do but that doesn't make me wrong.
It has translated to the mat. See 2020 and 2021, when we were the best team in the nation by a mile. Those were 2 and 3 years ago, respectively, and the direct result of improved fundraising and recruiting. And those efforts continue to result in better recruiting and landing needed transfers.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Fundraising efforts over the last 6 years or so are most definitely paying dividends and will continue to do so as other pieces fall into place — like the best wrestling facility in the world… which, by the way, is paid for my $31M of FUNDS RAISED 100% from private donations. Now, that’s a level of fundraising that would make Gable blush.

Last edited:
It has translated to the mat. See 2020 and 2021, when we were the best team in the nation by a mile. Those were 2 and 3 years ago, respectively, and the direct result of improved fundraising and recruiting. And those efforts continue to result in better recruiting and landing needed transfers.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Fundraising efforts over the last 6 years or so are most definitely paying dividends and will continue to do so as other pieces fall into place — like the best wrestlig facility in the world… which, by the way, is paid for my $31M of FUNDS RAISED 100% from private donations. Now, that’s a level of fundraising that would make Gable blush.
Again. 10 of out 12. 2021 and 2022. Iowa standard. Just get a couple every decade. Just because to you love Iowa wrestling doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

Just reading between the lines, this fella has a agenda against either Morningstar or Telford. Maybe both.I do know he doesn’t want this staff to make things better, and tonight he fell from the top of the ladder. Sorry man

Just reading between the lines, this fella has a agenda against either Morningstar or Telford. Maybe both.I do know he doesn’t want this staff to make things better, and tonight he fell from the top of the ladder. Sorry man
You sure act like you do. You have no clue, right?

Ayala would deck steen, my guess though is F*** st will have someone else? The black hole will continue regarddless!!!

I would also not have Howwierd beating Teske AND we may have someone else which swings it more into IOWAs favor!!!!

157, I do not believe Ferrari is a SR.?When he is in the line up though, he will most likely be favored!

AJ at 197 decks whomever they have as of right now!!!
Anthony would not be favored over Haines based on current knowledge.

Again. 10 of out 12. 2021 and 2022. Iowa standard. Just get a couple every decade.
Nobody is claiming to be extremely happy with the results of the last decade, but Iowa has been the second most consistent program over that time. Others have come and gone from the top 3 but the Hawks have remained.

You have to tip your cap to Carl and his boys. Sure, their methods of stockpiling talent have raised eyebrows over the years, but they’ve had a good run. The Hawks knocked them off for a couple of years and will knock them off again soon, I have no doubt. Hopefully we go on another run of our own soon. Entirely possible.

But to compare with the Gable standard is unrealistic. It’s a whole different landscape with lots more talent spread over fewer programs and kids coming in much more prepared than in the 70’s-90’s. I think a PSU-style run is possible over the next decade or so, but I think it’s more likely that we see some back and forth with the bad guys. I’ll take a Gable run in a second, but we need to understand how times have changed and keep our expectations rational.

Nobody is claiming to be extremely happy with the results of the last decade, but Iowa has been the second most consistent program over that time. Others have come and gone from the top 3 but the Hawks have remained.

You have to tip your cap to Carl and his boys. Sure, their methods of stockpiling talent have raised eyebrows over the years, but they’ve had a good run. The Hawks knocked them off for a couple of years and will knock them off again soon, I have no doubt. Hopefully we go on another run of our own soon. Entirely possible.

But to compare with the Gable standard is unrealistic. It’s a whole different landscape with lots more talent spread over fewer programs and kids coming in much more prepared than in the 70’s-90’s. I think a PSU-style run is possible over the next decade or so, but I think it’s more likely that we see some back and forth with the bad guys. I’ll take a Gable run in a second, but we need to understand how times have changed and keep our expectations rational.
Carl is on a Gable run. You aren't being honest. Iowa is out recruited and under performs in the upper weights. You just can't be honest because you are close. We win on PSU rebuilding cycles.

Carl is on a Gable run. You aren't being honest. Iowa is out recruited and under performs in the upper weights. You just can't be honest because you are close. We win on PSU rebuilding cycles.
The lack of home grown talent in the Iowa high schools coincided with Sanderson's move to PSU. And CS got an open checkbook with the NLWC.

There's a big gap right now. We'll see how this Ferrari thing ends up, but if the legal stuff gets fixed, then it's on TnT to keep noses clean.

I sense there will be numerous fanbases upset about today's developments. Some of it may be envy. But college sports has become all about winning.

Look no further than Georgia and Alabama in football. Not all their recruits are choir boys.

You guys have no idea what you’re getting into. AJ you know….the car wreck, pulling guns out at parties, alleged sexual assault, the whole attitude and non-stop antics. Anthony you guys have no clue about. He is different than AJ. There is no way it is not a complete sell out to take him (or AJ). Just on his known record. What you don’t know is he literally terrorized Stillwater in his short time there. Tom and Terry better say they didn’t talk to teachers, principals, police or anybody in Stillwater. The kid is not wired right and he may not even be that good a wrestler. The youngest was a good kid in Stillwater and is an amazing wrestler. The whole situation aged John Smith 20 years and several wrestlers were leaving or recruits not coming if the Ferraris stayed.

You guys have no idea what you’re getting into. AJ you know….the car wreck, pulling guns out at parties, alleged sexual assault, the whole attitude and non-stop antics. Anthony you guys have no clue about. He is different than AJ. There is no way it is not a complete sell out to take him (or AJ). Just on his known record. What you don’t know is he literally terrorized Stillwater in his short time there. Tom and Terry better say they didn’t talk to teachers, principals, police or anybody in Stillwater. The kid is not wired right and he may not even be that good a wrestler. The youngest was a good kid in Stillwater and is an amazing wrestler. The whole situation aged John Smith 20 years and several wrestlers were leaving or recruits not coming if the Ferraris stayed.

Wasn’t too long ago you were praising AJ’s hard work as an example for the OSU room.

Is it possible the Ferrari clan thinks they are fortunate to get a second chance and will be good citizens?

Just asking because some seem to think there is no chance at redemption

And somewhat related...any word on the immediate future of John Smith?
After this year's disaster at Nattys...is there pressure on him to exit?

Last edited:
That’s no lie. That Brody thread should almost be pinned as the standard of excellence for this forum.

While we’re pinning things we should also include of list of HR / GIA isms. Such as, moran for moron, and Kolby Koby Colby to mess with Grip for his misspelling of Cobe. I’d also add wow such handsome as a term of endearment for a solid wrestling performance / upset. That was an excellent moment that happened just this year. There are many more I can’t think of at this moment.
Most importantly, if you mention your wife, girlfriend, or sister then pics are mandatory.

No exceptions.

Yep. Deep six this fool. “globalhawk”, that is. Time for Maxwell’s silver hammer to come down on his screen name (little Beatles reference for the old guys).
I actually disagree on this one, I do believe (as of now) he truly is an Iowa fan. We need to be able to have disagreements here and also have discussions on our thoughts of how things can improve. This type of opinions/back and forth banter is part of what makes this board so great. He will be called out again if he steps cross the line, but as of now he is just a blockhead that has made a few inappropriate comments, we have our share IMHO. Short leash though

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT