ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Yikes. Thanks for the information. I just assumed they were your typical high school idiots/douchebags.

This makes Chittum's decision much more understandable. I hope these guys don't end up at Iowa.
Don’t worry, with our luck of landing top talent this year, they probably won’t.

I truly don’t mean this to be snarky, but imagine having Cody’s skillset and putting your career in the hands of Kevin Dresser lol. I almost feel bad for him, but at some point you have to stop letting daddy run your life.
You should learn when your kids are in high school to start backing off

Won't comment on the first part but DSJ beat the shit out of 3 bouncers at the Field House in Iowa City his freshman year. Turned out fine.

I've heard some wild stories about Dan Dennis and reckless discharge of firearms at M*'s property. Vince Turk literally shot Sam Stoll.

If someone's house was actually shot up by a Ferrari, how would they cover that up?
That didn’t happen, believe it was settled as a misdemeanor, and he has to enroll in anger management classes. Thought it was over a teammate and his sister. That can get ugly fast .

That didn’t happen, believe it was settled as a misdemeanor, and he has to enroll in anger management classes. Thought it was over a teammate and his sister. That can get ugly fast .
As far as AJ is concerned, many women will lie about sexual assault to get something out of a guy or just because they don’t like you. Especially if you are getting famous and are big man on campus like he was, and you have a personality that would lead people to think it’s possible. This needs to play out in court, but I think he’s going mma.

Some Pyle needs to get Chittum’s dad on the horn. Maybe some cruise ship lighting to church it up. Let’s get to the bottom of this malarkey!

I wouldn’t mind practicing with David Carr and Metcalf. I can suck dahn a hund or so

Reactions: Hawkgma
Many men commit sexual assault because they are twisted individuals that need to satisfy their lust for control and are entitled to the point of taking anything they want.
My point wasn’t that all men are innocent, it’s that all men accused by women aren’t guilty. Can’t just blindly believe someone without evidence, which is why I said let it play out in court. He may very well be guilty, but he seems confident in resuming wrestling or having mma career soon if he knows he may be serving time soon. I never banked on him anyway, more the youngest one, and middle was a surprise.

Reactions: IRONBIRD and TS568
I do not know what is happening, but unless someone has hard evidence or an actual conversation with Chittum saying that the possibility of the Ferraris being in Iowa City is the reason he left, we should not be talking about them like that. They have had enough troubles and bad press. Spreading rumors does not help anyone.
I am not saying Iowa should or should not recruit them. I am just saying that we do not need to spread rumors and try to guess what happened based on those rumors.
Didn’t you read the news article after the reporter conversated with one of the Chittums, I believe…

Reactions: Gusaford
I doubt everyone on a big team like Iowa is best buddies with everyone. There is always going to be a nut job or prick on every team, just ignore them and hang with the team mates you like. Or better yet, since this was when they were young high schoolers, maybe they could mature alittle and bury the hatchet. It would be the first steps in becoming adults for both of them. Maybe Tom tried that approach and chittum was having none of it. If the rumors of Anthony not getting accepted into school are true, chittum just screwed him self out of great situation by not at least being patient to see how it played out.
Malignant narcissists can’t be reasoned with or forced to feel empathy for others. So there might be that.

Malignant narcissists can’t be reasoned with or forced to feel empathy for others. So there might be that.
Even if your diagnosis is correct, does anyone know what happened between those two, which caused this much bitterness years later. Do you think chittum jumped the gun, not waiting a little longer to see if Ferrari would actually get accepted and enroll. I would think he still had plenty of time to enroll in classes at ISU.

You needn't worry about me getting the vapors like you did with @smalls103 over the whole UV mat cleaning fiasco.
giphy.gif

I truly don’t mean this to be snarky, but imagine having Cody’s skillset and putting your career in the hands of Kevin Dresser lol. I almost feel bad for him, but at some point you have to stop letting daddy run your life.
Dresser does next to no coaching in the ISU room. Chittum with St. Jon and Metcalf....you are clueless if you think he won't progress. Better than working with Morningstar. We need new assistants now!

Reactions: PotentiallyDan
Never had anxiety in my life . Everyone has limits on how far down the road they should let thoughts wander. Some can think days ahead some hours and some minutes. Slow down the thoughts
I wish I could say the same.

Very little anxiety now, but plenty growing up.

Everyone's brain doesn't work the same. Neural diversity is one of the latest ideas gaining a foothold today.

My ability to let my mind wander and think far down the road has served me well. It could be seen as both a curse and a blessing. Had to really meditate on my triggers and their relationship to my dependent arising. Had to learn how to focus the wandering when needed to ensure it would be healthy and productive.

Colleagues appreciated my gift with gestalt and anticipation. It allowed me to retire before turning 59 with no debts.

Never took medication. Don't look down on anyone who might. Probably can't even tell those who do to address anxiety from those who don't suffer from anxiety without meds. Doubt you can either.

Dresser does next to no coaching in the ISU room. Chittum with St. Jon and Metcalf....you are clueless if you think he won't progress. Better than working with Morningstar. We need new assistants now!
Who has gotten better under St. John and Metcalf that makes you so confident? And don’t say Carr, he doesn’t even train in Ames during the summers.

I think Metcalf and St John are about as ho hum as Star and Bobby.

Everyone's brain doesn't work the same. Neural diversity is one of the latest ideas gaining a foothold today.

My ability to let my mind wander and think far down the road has served me well. It could be seen as both a curse and a blessing. Had to really meditate on my triggers and their relationship to my dependent arising. Had to learn how to focus the wandering when needed to ensure it would be healthy and productive.

Colleagues appreciated my gift with gestalt and anticipation. It allowed me to retire before turning 59 with no debts.

Never took medication. Don't look down on anyone who might. Probably can't even tell those who do to address anxiety from those who don't suffer from anxiety without meds. Doubt you can either.
I also dont make up a diagnosis and assume someone has anxiety on a message board because it fits my narrative

I also dont make up a diagnosis and assume someone has anxiety on a message board because it fits my narrative
No need to repeat my intentions as addressed in the other thread.

I agree you appear to be supporting a narrative in which anxiety does not fit.

Last edited:

Thanks for taking the time to post that. I didn’t experience much anxiety until in my 30’s. I was too clueless as a kid to get anxious, maybe? Lol And that was for the best, imo.

Thanks for taking the time to post that. I didn’t experience much anxiety until in my 30’s. I was too clueless as a kid to get anxious, maybe? Lol And that was for the best, imo.
I suppose sometimes when we're younger we might tend to be more wrapped up in our own world. The more that world might implicitly provide for inherent trust, comfort, and support, I imagine it would tend to lead to less anxiety.

As we begin to look outward, mature, and experience more things, it surely impacts our emotional state. I suppose these experiences could as easily erode trust and be causes of discomfort leading to greater anxiety.

I hope you are and remain well. You come across to me as a helluva good guy.

Last edited:
I suppose sometimes when we're younger we might tend to be more wrapped up on our own world. The more that world might implicitly provide for inherent trust, comfort, and support, I imagine it would tend to lead to less anxiety.

As we begin to look outward, mature, and experience more things, it surely impacts or emotional state. I suppose these experiences could as easily erode trust and be causes of discomfort leading to greater anxiety.

I hope you are and remain well. You come across to me as a helluva good guy.
My anxiety is partially due to the way I treated as a kid, but have no desire to go into that here. Ignorance was bliss and thinking I was a problem child was better than the next alternative, imo. However after finding a therapist specializing in childhood trauma, I’m finally getting that sorted out and learning how my current actions are affected by my experience as a child.

Existential angst is another potential source of anxiety for some of us who are prone to contemplating life’s mysteries.

Last edited:
Didn’t you read the news article after the reporter conversated with one of the Chittums, I believe…
I posted that before the article came out or, at least, before I saw the article. I suppose that I could go back and delete my post, but what the heck. This thread is too long and ........

Reactions: el dub

My first tax season (long hours) I had a fairly long commute, had a young family, and was studying for the CPA.

To say I was busy would be an understatement x1,000.

At some point it got too much and went to the doctor and he put me on a low dose of something. To this day I still take it.

If you knew me you would never guess I have a mental health problem (if that's what you call it). Once again, it was a low dose but I NEEDED it.

If you don't know someone that has anxiety, depression, etc., you don't really know many people. It's extremely common and needs to be talked about more.

Go Hawks.

My first tax season (long hours) I had a fairly long commute, had a young family, and was studying for the CPA.

At some point it got too much and went to the doctor and he put me

At some point it got too much and went to the doctor and he put me on a low dose of something. To this day I still take it.

If you knew me you would never guess I have a mental health problem (if that's what you call it). Once again, it was a low dose but I NEEDED it.

If you don't know someone that has anxiety, depression, etc., you don't really know many people. It's extremely common and needs to be talked about more.

Go Hawks.
Don't you think you'd be better off meditating and doing breathe work over a low dose prescribed medicine??
Maybe even microdosing with psilocybin.

Your last suggestion was the only viable answer offered, imo. And I commend you on that comment.
I do believe all 3 can be incorporated together for amazing success and for the right person breathe work and meditation can do the trick. But you are correct, the best route is my final suggestion.

Don't you think you'd be better off meditating and doing breathe work over a low dose prescribed medicine??
Maybe even microdosing with psilocybin.

I would start ugly crying out of the blue during my commute some days. No clue why. Made no sense.

Pretty sure meditation and/or working on breathing wouldn't have fixed that.

Reactions: mcpat
I do believe all 3 can be incorporated together for amazing success and for the right person breathe work and meditation can do the trick. But you are correct, the best route is my final suggestion.
Wim Hof is a good example of doing extraordinary things with meditation and breathing techniques. Of course, what he accomplishes and dealing with anxiety and depression are completely different issues, but just the first example I thought of.

Reactions: Gobblin and T8KUDWN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT