ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Wim Hof is a good example of doing extraordinary things with meditation and breathing techniques. Of course, what he accomplishes and dealing with anxiety and depression are completely different issues, but just the first example I thought of.
The reason Wim Hof started doing his breathe work and cold plunging was because of anxiety and depression after his wife committed suicide.
Cold plunging and Wim Hof breathe work are part of my daily routine.

The reason Wim Hof started doing his breathe work and cold plunging was because of anxiety and depression after his wife committed suicide.
Cold plunging and Wim Hof breathe work are part of my daily routine.
Didn't know that about why he started, sad but interesting. My knowledge of his techniques is more surface level, my old HS coach put me on to him and I started doing cold plunges and cold showers for recovery (along with other recovery work) - helped me stay healthy for one season in an otherwise injury riddled career (me = made of glass).

Reactions: Gobblin and T8KUDWN
My anxiety is partially due to the way I treated as a kid, but have no desire to go into that here. Ignorance was bliss and thinking I was a problem child was better than the next alternative, imo. However after finding a therapist specializing in childhood trauma, I’m finally getting that sorted out and learning how my current actions are affected by my experience as a child.

Existential angst is another potential source of anxiety for some of us who are prone to contemplating life’s mysteries.
From the way you've been posting the last few days, it appears you have a long way to go.

After 56 pages here's what I think I know:

Ferrari's develop a connection to Iowa through a donor. Donor becomes involved in wooing Ferrari's to IC. Ferrari's start to look like they're Iowa bound. This catches a number of people off guard. Questions are raised about what's going on in IC, who's steering the ship. Truth comes out about what's going on in IC when Anthony gets stopped at admissions but its too late bc nervous types have already had too much of the Ferrari red carpet, they're out, and we're stuck with a 56 page thread that reads like the lost season of Jersey Shore.

After 56 pages here's what I think I know:

Ferrari's develop a connection to Iowa through a donor. Donor becomes involved in wooing Ferrari's to IC. Ferrari's start to look like they're Iowa bound. This catches a number of people off guard. Questions are raised about what's going on in IC, who's steering the ship. Truth comes out about what's going on in IC when Anthony gets stopped at admissions but its too late bc nervous types have already had too much of the Ferrari red carpet, they're out, and we're stuck with a 56 page thread that reads like the lost season of Jersey Shore.
Sounds about right. But still not sure a donor had anything to do with a coaches recruiting decisions.

Sounds about right. But still not sure a donor had anything to do with a coaches recruiting decisions.
But that's my point, donor became the recruiter, went over the coaches head, made a mess, denies the Ferrari plan is why Chittum left, Nagao said no way, and leaves the coaches holding the bag.

Up until this point Iowa has done well recruiting (not comparing to PSU bc they're still an anomaly) and working the transfer portal, so why the change this year? Maybe this is the why.

And again, this is what I think I know from reading this thread, so TIFWIW.

Last edited:
But that's my point, donor became the recruiter, went over the coaches head, made a mess, denies the Ferrari plan is why Chittum left, Nagao said no way, and leaves the coaches holding the bag.

Up until this point Iowa has done well recruiting (not comparing to PSU bc they're still an anomaly) and working the transfer portal, so why the change this year? Maybe this is the why.

And again, this is what I think I know from reading this thread, so TIFWIW.
Not so sure the donor became the recruiter. Stating things as facts doesn't make them facts.

I fool around >83% of the time . . . but in all seriousness, I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while. Could folks consider a different moniker for the Ferraris?

I know the spelling and meaning are different, and this is not intended to be a personal attack on anyone, but “The Clan” is just icky by the sound of it. Just a phrase that should be retired forever (except in strict historical context), regardless of the different spelling and meaning, IMO.

Maybe something like The FC (Ferrari Collective), or a more creative name?

Feel free to bash me for whatever, but please consider it.

We’re do you find this information? You all 3 and parents?
Anthony put on his instagram story that he was at a NJ airport with the caption "See you soon Iowa City🐤👊"

We know Angelo's official visit is this weekend, so 2 out of 3 brothers + Mom and Dad for sure. Considering AJ went with Anthony on his last visit, I'd venture to guess they will all be together.

Reactions: WDMHawk72
Time to embrace these young athletes with support. I’m full on board for the two younger brothers and have seen many interactions with current Hawkeyes. I will let the current wrestlers and staff pave the way and trust them fully. Times have changed with social media and making a Brand.
We need to be Hawkeye fans and show them we will support them unless they give us a reason not to while wearing the Black singlet.
There were many fans, some Hawkeye and a lot of others who were down on DeSanto after the Kimora incident. Now he is one of our favorite wrestlers of all time or at least mine!

Time to embrace these young athletes with support. I’m full on board for the two younger brothers and have seen many interactions with current Hawkeyes. I will let the current wrestlers and staff pave the way and trust them fully. Times have changed with social media and making a Brand.
We need to be Hawkeye fans and show them we will support them unless they give us a reason not to while wearing the Black singlet.
There were many fans, some Hawkeye and a lot of others who were down on DeSanto after the Kimora incident. Now he is one of our favorite wrestlers of all time or at least mine!

It seems like some will do/say anything to tarnish Iowa's success, if these young men come in and perform at a NC level, and never find themselves in any trouble, then those naysayers can eat crow...I am all for 2nd chances, and while this courtship has been going on, the only trouble has been from our own poo-pooing the idea, if they continue to behave as they have through this process, then I say bring them on, while they help bring Iowa back to the level so many expect, I am sure they will win over the fans in row 25 and above.

If they should fall from grace, and behave in a way that is less than desirable, then I am sure our coaches will address it, and handle it accordingly...so bring 'em on, and lets whoop some tail...

I fool around >83% of the time . . . but in all seriousness, I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while. Could folks consider a different moniker for the Ferraris?

I know the spelling and meaning are different, and this is not intended to be a personal attack on anyone, but “The Clan” is just icky by the sound of it. Just a phrase that should be retired forever (except in strict historical context), regardless of the different spelling and meaning, IMO.

Maybe something like The FC (Ferrari Collective), or a more creative name?

Feel free to bash me for whatever, but please consider it.
The Ferrari fleet

I have heard nothing bad about the youngest brother, but my nephew was at Blair when the "clan" showed up and the stories he tells are cringy. Hopefully the middle one has grown up since then.

Reactions: Gobblin
It better be a done deal otherwise this can only be considered a clusterf***. I do wonder if this was the real reason Chittum left or just an easy out, and if it did in fact cost us Nagao, or was he going to PSU no matter what.
I truly believe that Nagao was going Penn State the whole time. Chittum never fully committed, and I believe his father wanted control that TNT would not give him. My opinion

I have heard nothing bad about the youngest brother, but my nephew was at Blair when the "clan" showed up and the stories he tells are cringy. Hopefully the middle one has grown up since then.

People can change. But at last count this one hadn’t.

I truly believe that Nagao was going Penn State the whole time. Chittum never fully committed, and I believe his father wanted control that TNT would not give him. My opinion

My daughter can believe all she wants that unicorns are real. It doesn’t make it true.

People can change. But at last count this one hadn’t.

My daughter can believe all she wants that unicorns are real. It doesn’t make it true.
as usual you continue to amaze me Spooner, never change! My statements stands, and for good reason. Now go glue an antler to a pony's head and make your daughter dream come true.

Now that NIL is here, can we get each of them one of these?
ferrari-testarossa.jpeg

I was deadset against them…… still am AJ….. but I really trust Tom and Terry until they give me reason not to

They must see something in Anthony cause they’re sticking their necks out for him….. I hope they’re right

First he has to get accepted into school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT