ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari clan

Yet Tom specifically has pointed to a focus on targeting high character guys in our recruiting the past handful of years and that being what's landed us some big recruits. We nearly lost Kem after his visit because he wasn't impressed with the "douchebags" around the team at the time.
Fair enough - I'm just stating a general fact that "combat" type sports aren't going to be made up of all choir boys. Each person will have their own level of tolerance of what they care goes on around them. Kem had very high standards and good on him for that.

Fair enough - I'm just stating a general fact that "combat" type sports aren't going to be made up of all choir boys. Each person will have their own level of tolerance of what they care goes on around them. Kem had very high standards and good on him for that.
There are people of sketchy character every area of activity: business, government, ministry, education...everything.
In life, you get what you tolerate.

Reactions: Trapper85
Lot of poo poo, crybaby crap going on in this thread. The staff has recruited them, one has decided he wants to be a Hawkeye and a strong possibility his younger brother will too. It's the way it is.
I'm sure there are quite a few of you that will head back out to the pasture and continue to beat on the dead horse lying there.

Lot of poo poo, crybaby crap going on in this thread. The staff has recruited them, one has decided he wants to be a Hawkeye and a strong possibility his younger brother will too. It's the way it is.
I'm sure there are quite a few of you that will head back out to the pasture and continue to beat on the dead horse lying there.
The staff recruited them? Doesn’t sound like our m.o. I’m guessing the FCF reached out first.

Desperate people do desperate thangs.

The puzzling part of this 60 page thread is why Angelo is getting bad rap for being in the family.
It’s highly unlikely we would end up with only Angelo ( based purely on this thread). If we did, how would he be welcomed?
Angelo should be evaluated on his own merits. Has he done anything even remotely close to breaking the law or been a troublemaker?
Let’s just say it ends up only Angelo for various reasons. Is this a bad recruit with baggage?
SMH give Angelo a break.

Last edited:
When we won the title two years ago (and had the best team the year before) all any of us talked about were how great the guys on the team were, how much better our culture had gotten from the "darker days" and how this was our model going forward. Now we're speeding toward Ferrariville.

they also tried to bring pat downey in so maybe not much has changed?

Reactions: tosal563
Source: Trust me bro, there's a leaked snapchat convo of Mastro claiming it happened to him.
There is no shortage of Okie State fans and okie state wrestling alum that corroborate the story. That doesn't make it true, but there was a lot of "smoke" from people close to that program. This was well before the AJ sexual assault allegations came to light.
When we won the title two years ago (and had the best team the year before) all any of us talked about were how great the guys on the team were, how much better our culture had gotten from the "darker days" and how this was our model going forward. Now we're speeding toward Ferrariville.
This is where I am at.. it is a huge risk. I'm sure TnT are feeling the heat to win. As we've already seen - the upside of bringing the Ferrari's in doesn't come without a significant amount of potential downside as well. If it were to go poorly, it would reflect poorly on the parties that brought them in. It seems that is a risk they are willing to take.

Last edited:
Yet Tom specifically has pointed to a focus on targeting high character guys in our recruiting the past handful of years and that being what's landed us some big recruits. We nearly lost Kem after his visit because he wasn't impressed with the "douchebags" around the team at the time.
The difference back then is those douchebags were not even close to the caliber of wrestlers as the Ferrari’s, so it was high risk without the high reward. Same thing happened to the football team for a while. It is ideal to keep the streak going of high end talent, student, character and be competitive for titles. Only PSU has the ability to do that right now, kind of like Duke basketball. Maybe they know something we don’t as far as where the Ferraris are now versus in the past?????

The difference back then is those douchebags were not even close to the caliber of wrestlers as the Ferrari’s, so it was high risk without the high reward. Same thing happened to the football team for a while. It is ideal to keep the streak going of high end talent, student, character and be competitive for titles. Only PSU has the ability to do that right now, kind of like Duke basketball. Maybe they know something we don’t as far as where the Ferraris are now versus in the past?????
What? They might be consulting with better psychologists, maybe.

The puzzling part of this 60 page thread is why Angelo is getting bad rap for being in the family.
It’s highly unlikely we would end up with only Angelo ( based purely on this thread). If we did, how would he be welcomed?
Angelo should be evaluated on his own merits. Has he done anything even remotely close to breaking the law or been a troublemaker?
Let’s just say it ends up only Angelo for various reasons. Is this a bad recruit with baggage?
SMH give Angelo a break.
Angelo won’t get judged on his own merits when he’s part of a package deal. The younger Ferrari s are being marketed as a package. The family has moved and transferred and gone most everyw together. They are a package like it (and recruit it) or not. Like it or not you get some interaction with the rest of the crazy. AJ, daughter, well hung willie uncle and the rest of the la familia will be around periodically and bring some of their history of crazy with them from time to time. we know this is how close knit crazy Italian families are (My family). We all know this, yes?

I put my faith in the Orab twins & will support their decision. As I type this, I wear an orange shirt. If/when it comes time to support the Ferrari’s as Hawks, I’ll be all in, wearing my black Hawkeye cap to CHA.

As others have pointed out, Iowa is generally hated & made out to be the villain anyway…
Let’s Ride!

SMH give Angelo a break.
Totally agree. How are some people here labeling him as having bad character because of his last name. Maybe the people doing this have bad character 🧐🧐🧐

I don’t see anyone complaining about the youngest kid’s character. Read better.
Who is complaining about the youngest one? You are making crap up.
wait a minute, there has been many posts stating just this. Stay away from "them" meaning all or any of them. many posts! and you do not need to search that far back. even you @el dub said "Ferrari crime family" who was it oh yeah @SPOONER says don't compare any of them to DeSanto not one even for a second" and let's not forget the high horse king @ping72

Last edited:
wait a minute, there has been many posts stating just this. Stay away from "them" meaning all or any of them. many posts! and you do not need to search that far back. even you @el dub said "Ferrari crime family" who was oh yeah @SPOONER says don't compare any of them to DeSanto not one even for a second" and let's not forget the high horse king @ping72
BS. State where people have said the youngest. The family as a whole is toxic. The problem is many believe that it is a package deal.

You aren't following along. The family AS A WHOLE is toxic. This isn't difficult. The youngest seems to be a good kid thus far.
You’re digging the hole even deeper - now you’re saying the family “as a whole” is toxic. Angelo is part of that whole. It’s not that difficult of a concept. Pretty confident when you say the family, Angelo includes himself as part of it.

Reactions: Grip220
Beg my pardon. It is difficult to make the facts fit your narrative.
The family as whole is not toxic, or Angelo isn’t part of the family, which one is it?
What? It doesn’t mean all of them. It means if you someone asked about the family it would not get a good response even if Angelo is a saint. He is tied to his bros for good or bad.

Reactions: hawk224 and el dub
I've been one of the most vocal critics. I have also said I would recruit Angelo and not the older two and that Angelo should not be judged by his brothers' transgressions/issues. If Angelo refused to come without his brothers, I would move on. Allegedly that's what Virginia Tech said, and if true, I think they nailed it.

What? It doesn’t mean all of them. It means if you someone asked about the family it would not get a good response even if Angelo is a saint. He is tied to his bros for good or bad.
Thanks for answering my question. You said, “It doesn’t mean all of them.” Then Angelo isn’t part of the family, which is false. Just admit you’re wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT