ADVERTISEMENT

*****-fficial I-wa vs Nevada Game Thread*****

I expect a few tweets from Iowa media bros saying “Up 14-0 and Petras just overthrew LaPorta. Queue the Iowa boo birds calling for his and Brian’s heads.”

Hoping for some horrendous first half offense, a change in QB, and a second half offense that looks much more energetic with a comeback win 21-13.

I mean 55-0 would be great, but it wouldn’t mean a lot for this team….and would doom them for the conference schedule in my opinion.

I'll watch just to see if ANY change is made at QB or if Kirk and Tommy Boy just keep smashing that square peg into the round hole..

TkWGbg.gif

Last chance to give the backup QBs some game day reps before the B1G schedule. It will never happen but I'd like to see Petras 1Q, Padilla in for 2Q, Labas in for 3Q. Best performer plays the 4Q. Since we don't see "what happens in practice" let us witness it in a game.

Too sexy. I wonder if they polled the team, both offense and defense separately, who should be starting…what they would say? Evidently C Jones & T Tracy voted with their feet.

Maybe Spencer will roll an ankle in the first quarter and force the coaches to put Padilla in. You never wish for an injury but I wouldn't be upset if some minor injury took Petras out long enough for Padilla to come in and show what an effective offense can look like. But knowing Ferentz even if that happened he'd probably put Petras back in the 2nd half to suck again and say "I did what I thought was best for the team"

From someone who just got started tailgating….weather report is awful from Iowa City…sounds like a repeat of last week…

I am hoping for a lackluster first half, Padilla come in for the second, and spark the Hawks to a 33-13 victory. Nice win, Padilla at QB, and I sill win my bet taking Nevada and the points.

shit, i am hoping for a lackluster first couple of series, Padilla comes in for the rest of the game and sparks the Hawks to a 55-10 win

Last chance to give the backup QBs some game day reps before the B1G schedule. It will never happen but I'd like to see Petras 1Q, Padilla in for 2Q, Labas in for 3Q. Best performer plays the 4Q. Since we don't see "what happens in practice" let us witness it in a game.

Labas is likely our best QB. unfortunately he would likely only enter the game very late and only be allowed to hand the ball off

We will run 80% of the time and win 20-13 with a pick 6. Kirk and co. will then say that Petras is back on track, further separating himself with his body of work. He will then make jokes about Deuce Hogan for old time's sake.

Todays doom and gloom prediction is Petras throws a pick by badly overthrowing a simple seem route to one of the TEs. May be a pick 6 but I’ll leave that on the table.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT