ADVERTISEMENT

Finally watched/finished Parks and Rec. What's next?

Modern Family fits that sitcom /comedy Mold, and was just added to Hulu

Tribe gonna Tribe in this thread I see, I didn't know sitcom snobbery existed, but here we go.

Reactions: torbee
Always heard it was good, just needed to get through the first season and a half (a much larger investment than The Office, which found its stride much quicker). It took Parks a little time to realize which characters mattered (Ron Swanson, Andy Dwyer, etc.) and start focusing more on them and bring in some good talent like Adam Scott and Rob Lowe. Anyway, great show and now I'm looking for my next one. I typically don't watch many sitcoms...over the years I've enjoyed Friends, Seinfeld, The Office (the above), HIMYM, but really not much since the 80s & 90s like Cheers, M.A.S.H., Home Improvement, Family Ties, et al.

What's a good sitcom I should watch? Superstore? AP Bio? Modern Family?

Watcha got, HROT?

My wife and I are currently enjoying New Girl, but it might just fit in with our sense of humor.

An under rated series to watch would be The Good Place

I believe both can be found on netflix

New Girl is hilarious. The one episode where they get high and go to Winston's cop cookout cracks me up over and over. I keep it on in the background while I do things, because I don't really have to pay attention but can still catch things and laugh

We’ve really like Superstore although the most recent season drug a bit.

Schitts Creek definitely.

If you don't think Curb, Always Sunny, or Arrested Development are funny, you are not a funny person. It is known.

Always Sunny, yes one of the best. Arrested Development, yes but on the second tier. I will tell someone no touching or to go buy a star war though and there IS always money in the banana stand. But it’s not consistently my favorite. Curb is amusing but down in the third tier of comedies I watch/watched (like New Girl, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Everybody Loves Raymond, Big Bang Theory, etc...).

None of those other than Always Sunny are on par with Dave, Barry, What We Do In the Shadows, Ted Lasso, You’re the Worst or even Kim’s Convenience and Schitt’s Creek (the latter two are too stuck in the true sitcom world to be a 10/10 but they are both well acted with great writing).

Curb is amusing but down in the third tier of comedies I watch/watched (like New Girl, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Everybody Loves Raymond, Big Bang Theory, etc...).
giphy.gif

Always Sunny, yes one of the best. Arrested Development, yes but on the second tier. I will tell someone no touching or to go buy a star war though and there IS always money in the banana stand. But it’s not consistently my favorite. Curb is amusing but down in the third tier of comedies I watch/watched (like New Girl, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Everybody Loves Raymond, Big Bang Theory, etc...).

None of those other than Always Sunny are on par with Dave, Barry, What We Do In the Shadows, Ted Lasso, You’re the Worst or even Kim’s Convenience and Schitt’s Creek (the latter two are too stuck in the true sitcom world to be a 10/10 but they are both well acted with great writing).
giphy.gif

My wife and I are currently enjoying New Girl, but it might just fit in with our sense of humor.

An under rated series to watch would be The Good Place

I believe both can be found on netflix

New Girl is funnier/more enjoyable than people might think just reading a description of the show. I remember being surprised by how good it was several years back when my roommate at the time started watching it and recommended it.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
Looking for comedies...we're locked up on dramas and Ozark is fantastic...once This is Us and Million Little Things goes on hiatus, Yellowstone is next (unless Mindhunter season 3 comes out).

I'm going to go on the record but Ozark effing sucked.

I'm going to go on the record but Ozark effing sucked.

With a lot of streaming series I can't remember for longer than a few months how the last season ended and I usually have to catch up a little bit when I start the new season.

The last season of Ozark was released in March and we watched it right away and I still remember how it ended.

Same thing with Stranger Things.

I think that is a testament to the quality of writing on both series.

You either didn't give Ozark long enough or you are in the vast minority of people who don't like this series.

I really liked Flight Attendant. It's weird but in a can't stop watching this kind of a way. I was bummed when it ended. I wish they would have done more episodes to answer all my unanswered questions in the end.

Is Flight Attendant scary? The Mrs (nopic) has a fine line on suspense and she thought this one looked potentially on the line.

My wife and I were Friends fans and we’ve been re-watching with our kids. It’s still really funny.

the Goldbergs
This show is amazing. I loved the office, parks and rec, etc. but goldbergs might be my favorite. A couple others:
Last Man On Earth
The Middle (highly under rated, not sure why it didn’t get more attention but went 9 seasons)
Santa Clarita Diet

Looking for comedies...we're locked up on dramas and Ozark is fantastic...once This is Us and Million Little Things goes on hiatus, Yellowstone is next (unless Mindhunter season 3 comes out).
Kim's Convience is funny. About Korean Immigrants that run a convience store in Toronto.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Kim's Convience is funny. About Korean Immigrants that run a convience store in Toronto.
I'll have to add it to the list, currently I've been watching Chuck. It's a show I always wanted to watch, just missed when it first came out. Reminds me a lot of Psych...comedy, romance, action, intrigue--but never enough to be too serious.

I'll have to add it to the list, currently I've been watching Chuck. It's a show I always wanted to watch, just missed when it first came out. Reminds me a lot of Psych...comedy, romance, action, intrigue--but never enough to be too serious.
Yeah I watched a couple years of that. But then got bored. Nothing against the show most of them I don't go beyond two seasons. Especially American shows. The shear volume stretches the writing thin. I get why from a syndication financial standpoint it pays mortgages and gets other individuals experience to produce new art. Still not my thing to see Michael Scott or Dr. Cox do something inappropriate for the 90th time.

Yeah I watched a couple years of that. But then got bored. Nothing against the show most of them I don't go beyond two seasons. Especially American shows. The shear volume stretches the writing thin. I get why from a syndication financial standpoint it pays mortgages and gets other individuals experience to produce new art. Still not my thing to see Michael Scott or Dr. Cox do something inappropriate for the 90th time.
The Office is a topic I try to avoid in polite conversation. It's one of those things I got called gay for liking when it was airing, stopped liking while it was still on the air, and now the people who called me gay love it, especially all the side character bits after season 3 when the tension and drama had run its course and all that was left was exploring characters that were originally meant to be very shallow cartoons.

The Office is a topic I try to avoid in polite conversation. It's one of those things I got called gay for liking when it was airing, stopped liking while it was still on the air, and now the people who called me gay love it, especially all the side character bits after season 3 when the tension and drama had run its course and all that was left was exploring characters that were originally meant to be very shallow cartoons.
I prefer the British Office. The daughter loves the US Office so I've seen it all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT