• Ruth's Chris

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • OP's Mom

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters

The Tradition

HB King
Apr 23, 2002
Battle of the upscale steakhouse chains. Who ya' got when you're looking to spend too much money on an overpriced meal?

Like Capitol.

Don’t know if it’s large enough to be a chain, but 801 Steak at least in St. Louis is very good. Expensive. Real expensive.

Flemings happy hour is pretty solid. Years ago I installed the kitchen and freezer floors at the Ruth Chris in Biloxi on the Hard Rock’s Cadino boat, I know, CSB

Last edited:
Ruth’s Chris. I’ve had it roughly a half dozen times, usually paid for by vendor. Steak has always been excellent.

Had Flemming’s once. Also paid for by vendor. Very good steak, but not as good as Ruth’s.

I only eat at Bern's or Peter Luger's. Why would anyone go to purveyors of dog shit like that?

Also...

Why would I go to those chain restaurant when I can make a steak at home a thousand times better than those places?

200w.gif

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Been to both a few times and really couldn't tell you much difference. Both have had really good steaks every time I've gone with good sides.

Flemings has a better overall seafood selection compared to Ruth’s and both are great but I prefer 801 Chophouse locally and Joe’s Stone Crab and seafood nationally in Chicago, Miami and Las Vegas if I had to pick. Capitol Grille and Morton’s are good but my preference is Joe’s due to their stone crab and key lime pie selection. Also, they have a peppermint ice cream with hot fudge for dessert during the holidays that is unbelievable.

Ruth's Chris. If you buy prime cut steaks and know how to cook them properly you can get similar quality at home.

Reactions: Speedway1
I only eat at Bern's or Peter Luger's. Why would anyone go to purveyors of dog shit like that?

Also...

Why would I go to those chain restaurant when I can make a steak at home a thousand times better than those places?

200w.gif
A thousand times better, huh?

Reactions: jellyfish10
We ate at the Ruth's Chris in Lahaina on Maui. It was good, but not for the money. I remember the waitress bragging about the Midwest steaks they served. I said "Bitch, I'm from the Midwest". Okay, I didn't say that, but I was thinking it.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Flemings has a better overall seafood selection compared to Ruth’s and both are great but I prefer 801 Chophouse locally and Joe’s Stone Crab and seafood nationally in Chicago, Miami and Las Vegas if I had to pick. Capitol Grille and Morton’s are good but my preference is Joe’s due to their stone crab and key lime pie selection. Also, they have a peppermint ice cream with hot fudge for dessert during the holidays that is unbelievable.
Joe’s, Eddie V’s and Mastro’s are all better chains in my seldom wrong opinion.

Fleming's Tomahawk Tuesday. Two salads, two sides, two desserts and a 35 oz. bone-in ribeye for $135. What's not to like about that? Food quality is pretty close IMO between the two choices.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Got friends who make better steaks, BBQ, smoked whatever. And it’s usually free or provide the meat and they’ll prepare it. They’ve ruined going to steakhouses now especially if they go, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT