ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Rankings

Desanto #1 is deserved, I just not see Cass being ranked #2 this early I think that is putting a big unnecessary target on his back.
Not worried at all about the big bump in rank and Cass. Maybe guys will open up more to him now trying to get a big win?
Kinda wishing he kept the “I want the pin record” comment to himself and just went out there and just started doing it. Maybe than kids wouldn’t ball up on him?

That's how Spey does the rankings you beat a guy you jump ahead of him.Have seen guys go from unranked to top 10 after 1 win.Its Spey choice he can rank however he feels fit I just don't agree with it.My opinion Flo rankings are as bad as they've ever been.Dont think Spey spends much time on them

Congrats to the whole team! If the FLO rankings hold true, Iowa ends up with an AA at every weight.

125 Lee #1
133 DeSanto #1
141 Murin #8
149 Lugo #3
157 Young #3
165 Marinelli #2
174 Kemerer #3
184 Brands #6
197 Warner #4
285 Cassioppi #2

A lot can happen between now and March, but that is one impressive lineup!

Last edited:
Congrats to the whole team! If the FLO rankings hold true, Iowa ends up with an AA at every weight.

125 Lee #1
133 DeSanto #1
141 Murin #8
149 Lugo #3
157 Young #3
165 Marinelli #2
174 Young #3
184 Brands #6
197 Warner #4
285 Cassioppi #2

I want the Hawks to win every weight but if they ended up here that would be pretty frickin good.

Reactions: ping72

125 Lee #1
133 DeSanto #1
141 Murin #8
149 Lugo #3
157 Young #3
165 Marinelli #2
174 Young #3
184 Brands #6
197 Warner #4
285 Cassioppi #2

You might want to put Kem in at 174 instead of Young again.
images

Not worried at all about the big bump in rank and Cass. Maybe guys will open up more to him now trying to get a big win?
Kinda wishing he kept the “I want the pin record” comment to himself and just went out there and just started doing it. Maybe than kids wouldn’t ball up on him?

There comes a point where that strategy (balling up) might play into Cass’s gloved hand...

125 Lee #1
133 DeSanto #1
141 Murin #8
149 Lugo #3
157 Young #3
165 Marinelli #2
174 Young #3
184 Brands #6
197 Warner #4
285 Cassioppi #2

It's a great day to be a Hawk fan fellas! I only have two concerns. First, does Mad Max have the shoulder strength to put on a good ride when he needs to and will he be even more limited on his offensive attacks. Second, will Nelly be able to cope with the "grown" men at 184.

A problem for next year - With Abe Assad coming out of redshirt and presumably being in contention for 184 we look like we might have some difficult lineup decisions, assuming Kem gets his Medical shirt. Screw all of that for now because this team has the chance to be pretty dang special. Go Hawks, Princenton better be ready for this!!

Congrats to all the Hawks but I think these were a bit generous, especially Cass and Brands. I know its consistent with what they have been doing but it doesnt make it right. It's nice to think of the possibility of having 8 in the semis though.

It's a great day to be a Hawk fan fellas! I only have two concerns. First, does Mad Max have the shoulder strength to put on a good ride when he needs to and will he be even more limited on his offensive attacks. Second, will Nelly be able to cope with the "grown" men at 184.

A problem for next year - With Abe Assad coming out of redshirt and presumably being in contention for 184 we look like we might have some difficult lineup decisions, assuming Kem gets his Medical shirt. Screw all of that for now because this team has the chance to be pretty dang special. Go Hawks, Princenton better be ready for this!!

Nelly? Really?

It’s too early to get intoxicated by these rankings and I hope the Hawks aren’t reading their own press clippings. The season is long and it’s easy to get overhyped by a previous dynasty presumably displacing the nearly decade-long dominant favorites. Let’s be patient and see how the Hawks hold up at Midlands and during the grind of the B1G season. It hasn’t felt like they’ve peaked at Nationals for quite some time so I’m staying cautiously optimistic. F*n State has a strong tournament team and they’re still the champs until they’re dethroned.

All this IMHO of course.

Congrats to all the Hawks but I think these were a bit generous, especially Cass and Brands. I know its consistent with what they have been doing but it doesnt make it right. It's nice to think of the possibility of having 8 in the semis though.
They have earned it.

That's how Spey does the rankings you beat a guy you jump ahead of him.Have seen guys go from unranked to top 10 after 1 win.Its Spey choice he can rank however he feels fit I just don't agree with it.My opinion Flo rankings are as bad as they've ever been.Dont think Spey spends much time on them

I agree - I enjoy looking through them every week but there isn't a whole lot of reason behind them rather than if you beat X you get put ahead of them.

I much prefer college football type rankings. No one in their right mind would have put a 3-4 Illinois #6 in the country after upsetting Wisconsin. To put it simply, I think its too much work to do these rankings the "right way" so they go with the easiest route.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
It’s too early to get intoxicated by these rankings and I hope the Hawks aren’t reading their own press clippings. The season is long and it’s easy to get overhyped by a previous dynasty presumably displacing the nearly decade-long dominant favorites. Let’s be patient and see how the Hawks hold up at Midlands and during the grind of the B1G season. It hasn’t felt like they’ve peaked at Nationals for quite some time so I’m staying cautiously optimistic. F*n State has a strong tournament team and they’re still the champs until they’re dethroned.

All this IMHO of course.

Wait...it’s sometimes “too early to get intoxicated”???
o_O

I agree. Intermat's rankings have been by far the best for quite some time. Granted, they were at their all time best when Bryant was in charge, but they still seem to really do their homework and mainly stick to the same formula(all formulas for rankings are going to be a bit loose with some personal feelings attached).

Reactions: Dwayne_Johnson33
I agree. Intermat's rankings have been by far the best for quite some time. Granted, they were at their all time best when Bryant was in charge, but they still seem to really do their homework and mainly stick to the same formula(all formulas for rankings are going to be a bit loose with some personal feelings attached).
Flo rankings are a joke.Spey is clueless about rankings he's a very smart guy and writes good articles but he's not a ranker at all.He must spend no time on them. He must have no pride in them at all and has the attitude of who cares they're just rankings.Someone who thinks who cares they're just rankings shouldn't be doing rankings

First rankings shouldn’t come until after the holiday tournaments. So much fluidity until scuffle/Midlands
I like having them out there, but I see your point. The thing is, I agree with many of the rationale for many guys being ranked and moved where they are, but it seems very inconsistent. There are many reasons for moving guys around but, with such a limited resume, one would have to think the reasons for moving either directions would be a little more clear. Alas, that's why they give us all something to discuss.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT