• Flop

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Not

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters

50kWidowmaker

All-Conference
Oct 17, 2022

Fortunately, Clark was not seriously hurt, telling reporters that she only got the wind knocked out of her. She also noted that Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith already come and apologized to her personally.

"It's kind of scary. It could have caused a pretty scary injury to me. It knocked the wind out of me," Clark said after the game. "(Smith) already came and apologized to me, so I appreciate that. This is what comes with the territory. I'm sure they did their best to do whatever they could. Obviously, it didn't work, and that's disappointing."

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
DPcghzv.gif

I get the joke, but the reality is one of those two people was not supposed to be on the floor in the first place so the rest is irrelevant.

That says, it was a block.

Look, I love CC22 and I think the fan should have been looking where they were going. But that was kind of a flop.
Yeah, but I think all athletes are kinda "wired" to react to minimize contact when contact is made.
I'd say her motions were instinctive.

Not great situation.

Reactions: millah_22
I think athletes are coached to sort of stay still and self evaluate possible injuries when they fall.

The other woman took the hit and bounced right back up. Looks like a flop on CC’s part, and I’m a Caitlin fan. She‘s a Pistol Pete, once in a lifetime talent and wonderful young woman.
Exactly. "Don't touch the merchandise"

Could you imagine the civil suit if Clark tore an acl or achilles or something 😳

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
Of course it was a flop, it's just how shes wired but we love her for it too.
That said, if it never would have been brought up post game it would be a non issue today so it's kind of on Iowa for making something out of what should have been nothing.

Agree it was "floppish", but if you watch the legs, she came close to hyper extending her knee a little - certainly could've been terrible, but for what it was, it was floppy

Like Bluder said they need to make sure athletes can get off the floor safely! How about we just put a stop to rushing the feild or court and we wouldnt have issues like this again! Pro sports seem to be able to handle it well why cant college! The SEC has banned it or your University will pay for it , It is time that this should be everwhere and hire some more security that if you are on the playing surface you get arrested and that would be the real deterrant!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT