ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Advances Bill Forcing Public Schools To Set Aside Time For Student Recruiting By “Patriotic Organizations”

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Florida says "hold my beer" in regard to the forced singing of the national anthem:

Florida Politics reports:

The House Choice and Innovation Subcommittee is advancing a bill that would give some groups certain rights in K-12 schools.
Rep. Wyman Duggan’s bill (HB 1317) would allow representatives of so-called “patriotic organizations” time to meet with students and distribute recruitment materials, with schools providing designated time for these groups to pitch their attendees.
The bill also clarifies that certain groups can use school buildings even after the instructional day is over, and stipulates that other groups don’t have the legal right to “equal time.”
Read the full article. Duggan is a freshman.

This sounds very vague (a deliberate move, no doubt) so that fringe groups can spread their toxic anti-American hate think. Supremacists and fascists will rejoice with this political move.

Will the kids get a free brown shirt just for attending?

Reactions: IACub
Local news said that it would allow groups like Girl and Boy Scouts to set up membership tables in schools again.
Not sure I’m buying this. 🤔

OP lives in the ATL and is so proud of that he uses it in his sig.
Things must be PERFECT there and across the State of Georgia to be able to obsess over the next door neighbors.

Things must be PERFECT there and across the State of Georgia to be able to obsess over the next door neighbors.
When we reach the point where every story coming out of Georgia prompts a unified response of "Holy $hit, you've got to be kidding, WTF is wrong with these people?", then you can proudly fly your flag.

I don't get this reply at all. Who cares who shared it or where they reside. Point is Florida is proposing a crazy ass law. You don't have to be so defensive all the time. It's ok to say you don't agree with something or that this is a crazy idea. For the record, Florida isn't the only one who does crazy shit... they just tend to do it a lot. hahaha

When we reach the point where every story coming out of Georgia prompts a unified response of "Holy $hit, you've got to be kidding, WTF is wrong with these people?", then you can proudly fly your flag.
Like Fani Willis and her lover?
Or Stacey Abrams just in general?
Gee, you’re right.

I don't get this reply at all. Who cares who shared it or where they reside. Point is Florida is proposing a crazy ass law. You don't have to be so defensive all the time. It's ok to say you don't agree with something or that this is a crazy idea. For the record, Florida isn't the only one who does crazy shit... they just tend to do it a lot. hahaha
Goldie is doing her “you cant comment on another states politics if you dont live in the state” schtick again on an iowa messageboard

From the article, "Based on a federal designation of “patriotic and national organizations,” the following groups merit this legislative carve-out: the Boy Scouts of America, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Civil Air Patrol, Future Farmers of America, and the Girl Scouts of the United States of America."
Oh my God, the horror.
What's comical is half you clowns freaking out about this either work for a government organization or get paid by them to not work anymore.

Reactions: goldmom
From the article, "Based on a federal designation of “patriotic and national organizations,” the following groups merit this legislative carve-out: the Boy Scouts of America, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Civil Air Patrol, Future Farmers of America, and the Girl Scouts of the United States of America."
Oh my God, the horror.
What's comical is half you clowns freaking out about this either work for a government organization or get paid by them to not work anymore.

Wait a red hot minute. We’re super concerned about sexual grooming at schools but we’re going to allow the Boy Scouts access. Not a great idea.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I don't see anything wrong with this.
It's not a big deal. You're overreacting.
This is false information.
Look, the Dems are doing it, too. Both sides!

Hey! You don't even live in this state. Mind your own business!

I feel like this is an embarrassing effort to push school choice by making public schools such a miserable experience for anyone going to them kids convince their parents to send them to for-profit private schools where rich people get to make money off the public dime with vouchers while at the same time chastising anyone on public assistance.

Otherwise, what is the purpose of these laws? They can't actually think this will get people to vote Republican more, do they?

Oh my God, the horror.

No, what’s comical is you don’t recognize the problems of giving these groups the carve out but not others.

No, what’s comical is you don’t recognize the problems of giving these groups the carve out but not others.
To me it's not just that, but kids shouldn't be forced to meet with or sit through a presentation from any outside group trying to get them to sign up for their programs.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT