ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Could Get Hit With Wave of Migrants, Biden Admin Warns

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Saw them talking about this in congress on CNN today. They’re trying to decide whether or not to have the coast guard meet them and turn them away.

Department of Defense (DoD) officials testifying in Congress on Tuesday discussed the possibility of a "mass migration" into Florida as conditions in Haiti continue to deteriorate.

Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz said during the House Armed Services Committee hearing that he was "deeply concerned" about the possibility of a large number of Haitian migrants coming to the Sunshine State "as a Florida man."

Conditions in Haiti have been becoming increasingly dire in recent months due to widespread gang violence and civil unrest. Armed gangs now reportedly control around 80 percent of Port-au-Prince. Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry announced his resignation on Tuesday.

At Tuesday's hearing, Gaetz asked what President Joe Biden's administration was doing to prepare for a "wave" of migrants fleeing Haiti, prompting DoD official Rebecca Zimmerman to say that preparations were being made for a potential increase in refugees.

UnFreakingSustainable. R’s and D’s should all be in prison over this.

New York City is spending about $387 per day per migrant to provide food and shelter to the 64,800 migrants in the city, according to data from NYC City Hall. ($25 million/day.)

Saw them talking about this in congress on CNN today. They’re trying to decide whether or not to have the coast guard meet them and turn them away.

Department of Defense (DoD) officials testifying in Congress on Tuesday discussed the possibility of a "mass migration" into Florida as conditions in Haiti continue to deteriorate.

Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz said during the House Armed Services Committee hearing that he was "deeply concerned" about the possibility of a large number of Haitian migrants coming to the Sunshine State "as a Florida man."

Conditions in Haiti have been becoming increasingly dire in recent months due to widespread gang violence and civil unrest. Armed gangs now reportedly control around 80 percent of Port-au-Prince. Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry announced his resignation on Tuesday.

At Tuesday's hearing, Gaetz asked what President Joe Biden's administration was doing to prepare for a "wave" of migrants fleeing Haiti, prompting DoD official Rebecca Zimmerman to say that preparations were being made for a potential increase in refugees.
Easier access for the Clintons and their trafficking enterprise.

Florida?????
Come to Florida and see all the opportunities to make money and build your wealth. There is a real estate developer in your neck of the woods (Ankeny) doing just that in Florida. Of course you are not interested in making money , you are more interested in taking from others by taxing the hell out of them.

Reactions: arrrrrghhhh!

New York City is spending about $387 per day per migrant to provide food and shelter to the 64,800 migrants in the city, according to data from NYC City Hall. ($25 million/day.)

I'll be shocked if a single New York politician emerges unscathed from this,.. Toss them all.

Come to Florida and see all the opportunities to make money and build your wealth. There is a real estate developer in your neck of the woods (Ankeny) doing just that in Florida. Of course you are not interested in making money , you are more interested in taking from others by taxing the hell out of them.
Building more trailer parks in FLA?

LOL

Why do conservatives always assume that the people they're arguing with aren't interested in making money and aren't better off financially? You'd be surprised.

Reactions: lucas80 and DFSNOLE
Nah, just not a fan of wealthier people avoiding taxes.

Maybe that's just me?

Why do conservatives always assume that the people they're arguing with aren't interested in making money and aren't better off financially? You'd be surprised.
The gentleman was not arguing or discussing. He was trying to insult. Why do the liberals on here continue to try and insult others?

I would argue this Haitian situation is sort of why asylum laws exist...hence we should welcome them (admittedly I don't know how to ensure we're accepting those who need help vs. those who are in violent gangs).

These people have a much better case for asylum than 99% of others who show up at the southern border.

The gentleman was not arguing or discussing. He was trying to insult. Why do the liberals on here continue to try and insult others?
I think the conservatives on here regularly using terms like Libtards make this comment sound silly.

There was nothing in the particular comment you replied to that was personally insulating. You're reading things that aren't there.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I would argue this Haitian situation is sort of why asylum laws exist...hence we should welcome them (admittedly I don't know how to ensure we're accepting those who need help vs. those who are in violent gangs).

These people have a much better case for asylum than 99% of others who show up at the southern border.
Why don't they just hop over to the Dominican Republic, why would they need to come to the U.S. we are already full of illegals?

Why don't they just hop over to the Dominican Republic, why would they need to come to the U.S. we are already full of illegals?
Because the DR has a very tight border and they do not want the Haitians streaming over. DR has some problems of their own and don’t want to import more.

MIGRANTS > MAGAS
lol. You’d cry like a little b!tch if you had to live near a load of Haitian immigrants. These aren't your grand daddy’s Mexicans.

Obviously there are plenty of great people from Haiti, but by and large, the cultural and value system differences are vast and many will struggle to assimilate. They are also a human development index bottom feeder, which is a big reason why we don’t give them amnesty.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Your ignorance is showing again, Rico. No one wants Haitians any where. It has been a corrupt mess for decades….Yhere’s gonna be a lot of killing there in the near future….
Nothing a nuke or 2 couldn't cure.

Curious as to why one big island and one side is a shit hole and the other a vacation paradise?

Gots to be reasons why.
So, everyone reading this thread should take 5 minutes and read about this. The (largely enslaved) Haitians had a revolution, and won their independence from France back in like 1820. However, France then succesfully sued and sanctioned the new independent Haitian government in international courts for "loss of value of French assests," being the value of the slave plantations, estates, and yes, even the value of the former slaves themselves.

So Haiti had to spend the next 150 YEARS paying France BILLIONS of dollars that should have gone to developing schools, roads, infrastructure, hospitals, universities, etc., leaving the country stripped of resources (France even took the forests which depleted and allowed to wash away the fertile ground) and wealth of the country. Sad story, really. And f*ck France.

Last edited:
So, everyone reading this thread should take 5 minutes and read about this. The (largely enslaved) Haitians had a revolution, and won their independence from France back in like 1820. However, France then succesfully sued and sanctioned the new independent Haitian government in international courts for "loss of value of French assests," being the value of the slave plantations, estates, and yes, even the value of the former slaves themselves.

So Haiti had to spend the next 150 YEARS paying France BILLIONS of dollars that should have gone to developing schools, roads, infrastructure, hospitals, universities, etc., leaving the country stripped of resources (France even took the forests which depleted and allowed to wash away the fertile ground) and wealth of the country. Sad story, really. And f*ck France.

And suddenly, the usual suspects abandon the thread

When I was a kid in South Fl our church supported a local Haitian church. These were the original refugees from the 70s and 80s. Some of the nicest, most mild-mannered people you could meet.

Side story, my son has a good buddy who was adopted from Haiti as a baby. It’s crazy to think how different his life is now vs had he not been adopted.

You got this from a website called "legalinsurrection"? I'm sure it isn't filled with lies like most of the russian disinformation that maga scum likes to spread.

None of what he posted means we should give Haitians amnesty en masse. What happened to Haiti is absolutely sad; maybe the French should take them.

That wasn’t my point. It was directed at the usual suspects who were flexing over their claims about the inferiority of Haitians.

I’m more than ok with Haitians immigrating to the US. I’d rather have them than the MAGAs.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE_DEVIL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT