ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Woman #4 - Driving 100 mph and Killed 2

This is a scary section of road on FL-60 west of the Kissimmee River where it is only 2 lanes. Then add in some idiot going over 100 mph weaving between lanes.

Port St. Lucie couple killed in head-on collision in Polk County; 3-year-old grandson survives

Sherriff knocked it out of the park though

I’m not usually a fan of Grady’s press conference theatrics as so many other FL sheriffs have tried to copy him but he was professional for this tragedy.

I will also give him credit for regularly having speed traps on this road and on US-98. FHP can’t be bothered to do that anywhere in Central Florida.

The road where this collision occurred is a state road and is FHP’s responsibility.

You rarely see an FHP car on these rural state roads. They are pretty much invisible. Usually they can be found napping somewhere near an interstate exit waiting for an accident to happen so they can kill time writing a report. BAU for this increasingly backwards state.

I’m not usually a fan of Grady’s press conference theatrics as so many other FL sheriffs have tried to copy him but he was professional for this tragedy.

I will also give him credit for regularly having speed traps on this road and on US-98. FHP can’t be bothered to do that anywhere in Central Florida.

The road where this collision occurred is a state road and is FHP’s responsibility.

You rarely see an FHP car on these rural state roads. They are pretty much invisible. Usually they can be found napping somewhere near an interstate exit waiting for an accident to happen so they can kill time writing a report. BAU for this increasingly backwards state.

I just wish high school students could hear about this story. We were all there once. "Nothing is going to kill me"

Now the bitching is that Highway Patrol doesn't issue enough speeding tickets?

Solid gold.

I'd support doubling the force, if they only used the augmentation to ticket left lane cruisers.

Solid gold.

I'd support doubling the force, if they only used the augmentation to ticket left lane cruisers.
Get Reynolds to send the Iowa National Guard to Flerida to help with law enforcement.
Red States stick together, ya know.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Son interviewed

Florida grandparents killed in head-on crash after spending the day at Busch Gardens

Solid gold.

Most FHP patrols I see are cruising I-10 stopping FSU fans for doing 76 mph on their way to Tally. After they’re passed by tourists dong 80+ of course.
We do need more FHP on the roads.

That is if 10-12 FHP aren't hanging out at the barbecue joint on 98 north lakeland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT