ADVERTISEMENT

For me, Star Wars died once F'n Jar Jar Binks hit the screen but it's wokeness continues to get worse. The Acolyte is a pathetic woke nightmare.

Yes, the acolyte is woke shit that looks by all accounts to be a money laundering operation based solely on cost vs finished product. The witches coven chant scene is one of the cringiest things ever produced btw.

Woke cannot create anything of value or build on existing success even. The mentality is simply corrosive by nature. Just stop watching and let them burn through piles of money with 15% review scores. The problem will eventually sort itself out, though who knows how much IP might be destroyed in the process.

I don't even see what's so woke about it. But whatever.

Also don't understand why people who are so invested in hating it are watching it. You realize that when you watch something you are sending the creators a message that says "Make more of this!"
They're not. The hate watching wave is mostly over and simultaneously we will likely never hear another viewership number from Disney on the show

Disney and their woke directors can easily author a book on how to destroy a franchise. With a forward by Bud Light.
Sad Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

I’m a child of the 80’s so I grew up on Star Wars. Loved it, and have watched pretty much all the spinoffs outside of the 9 movies (Solo, Rogue One, Kenobi, Mandalorian, etc). I tried the first 3 episodes of the Acolyte, but quit halfway through the 3rd episode. It’s beyond bad. The acting is horrible and the storyline is clunky and makes absolutely no sense.

Good to know that my assumption from the start that it sounded like total trash was on point.

Are you playing the right's "what is a woman?" Game or do you really not know what the idea of woke means?
Honestly no, just feel like it's the cool thing for people to throw out if they don't like something. I'd love an explanation.

Reactions: Scruddy
I’m a child of the 80’s so I grew up on Star Wars. Loved it, and have watched pretty much all the spinoffs outside of the 9 movies (Solo, Rogue One, Kenobi, Mandalorian, etc). I tried the first 3 episodes of the Acolyte, but quit halfway through the 3rd episode. It’s beyond bad. The acting is horrible and the storyline is clunky and makes absolutely no sense.
The two girls playing the young versions of the twins were....lackluster as far as child actors go. I'm not sure what's not making sense about the storyline though. You have two force sensitive twins, one is on a dark path the other a light path and now they are aware of each other's existence. We got some backstory on where they came from and they were born and raised by force using witches. Those witches have been established lore since the Clone Wars series. It is well established that there are more force users in the Galaxy than just the Sith and the Jedi. In fact, the elimination of all other Force Users by the Jedi is a pretty strong argument that they weren't really the force for good all the time that they claim to be.

Reactions: noleclone2
Honestly no, just feel like it's the cool thing for people to throw out if they don't like something. I'd love an explanation.
I will give you an answer when I have a hair more time later today
The two girls playing the young versions of the twins were....lackluster as far as child actors go. I'm not sure what's not making sense about the storyline though. You have two force sensitive twins, one is on a dark path the other a light path and now they are aware of each other's existence. We got some backstory on where they came from and they were born and raised by force using witches. Those witches have been established lore since the Clone Wars series. It is well established that there are more force users in the Galaxy than just the Sith and the Jedi. In fact, the elimination of all other Force Users by the Jedi is a pretty strong argument that they weren't really the force for good all the time that they claim to be.
It's not the force, it's the thread you bigot
Look at your username then recognize that you're basically your own meme

Also don't understand why people who are so invested in hating it are watching it. You realize that when you watch something you are sending the creators a message that says "Make more of this!"
It's a franchise that has a very dedicated following. Saying "don't watch" is a terrible idea.

I am not a star wars person and I don't claim to be a star wars person, I do however listen to Bob and Tom and one of thr guys on there is and voiced his opinion.

Apparently this series, again, is a prequel type and contains a bunch of discovery. A main character is the child of 2 females. Making the decision to have 2 female parents now brings in the whole who are his actual parents component basically making the lesbian parents irrelevant in his lineage, other than to include some lesbians. They made a tangent foe the purpose of injecting some homosexuals.

That's "woke".

^This^

It's not really a good show, so I'm just not watching it. Not sure why people can't grasp that simple concept...don't watch it. Just wait for S2 of Andor and move along.

It's a franchise that has a very dedicated following. Saying "don't watch" is a terrible idea.

I mean if it was so consistently bad for so long you would think people would stop watching. I mean if I don't like something I don't really watch it much.

Thing is that if everyone is hate watching the only message Disney gets is "make more of this". Because to them it doesn't matter if you are watching because you hate it or because you love it, they make money all the same.

Reactions: HawkMD

Star Wars fans love hating on Star Wars in general. It's practically a profession for some of them.

Is it because the star of the show is a black woman?

The acting is horrible and the storyline is clunky and makes absolutely no sense.
This is why it's bad, not because the lead is Black. Discovery had the same issue. Michael just isn't a good lead and the show gets bogged down by a character that is given nothing but things to be depressed about. It has zilch to do with her race. Rose in the SW Sequels was the same...useless character that had nothing to do in the series, but fan's couldn't dislike her because she was Asian.

Here are two great characters played by Asians. ...and I really like Michelle Yeoh. 😍

elle-michelle-yeoh-cbs-1506353934.jpg

Fennec-Shand-Banner-e1700192900433.jpeg

Empire Strikes Back is great but to me all the other Star Wars have been at best meh.

Star Wars fans love hating on Star Wars in general. It's practically a profession for some of them.

That's a fact. Every new thing Star Wars is like the worst ever, the death of the franchise. Yet they keep watching the franchise they declared dead 25 years ago.

They were declaring the franchise dead when the pre-quals came out.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
This is why it's bad, not because the lead is Black. Discovery had the same issue. Michael just isn't a good lead and the show gets bogged down by a character that is given nothing but things to be depressed about. It has zilch to do with her race. Rose in the SW Sequels was the same...useless character that had nothing to do in the series, but fan's couldn't dislike her because she was Asian.

Here are two great characters played by Asians. ...and I really like Michelle Yeoh. 😍

elle-michelle-yeoh-cbs-1506353934.jpg

Fennec-Shand-Banner-e1700192900433.jpeg

I never really watched Star Trek Discovery, I'm a lot more picky I guess about star trek than I am about star wars. So you might have to explain it specifically pertaining to Acolyte.

And I'm fine with criticisms about the character, the writing and the acting. My thing is everyone was hating it because it was "woke star wars". "Woke Star Wars" doesn't sound like criticism about the character or writing, it sounds like being mad because there is some possible references to homosexuality and the main characters are black women.

To be fair I don't think you called it "Woke Star Wars". But a lot of other people did and that forces me to conclude that they are upset about either the possible references to homosexuality or the main character being a black woman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT