ADVERTISEMENT

For me, Star Wars died once F'n Jar Jar Binks hit the screen but it's wokeness continues to get worse. The Acolyte is a pathetic woke nightmare.

This show has not done much for me, but I am still watching. That being said I really enjoyed episode 5

This show has not done much for me, but I am still watching. That being said I really enjoyed episode 5
I’m firmly in the liked it, don’t love it stage - haven’t watched ep5 yet.

Haven’t seen anything that I could understand the outrage over the show.

I’m firmly in the liked it, don’t love it stage - haven’t watched ep5 yet.

Haven’t seen anything that I could understand the outrage over the show.
Most of the criticism is due to the terrible writing and dialogue. Characters changing their mind from one sentence to the next. Lack of production value and sets. Writers/producers/actors stating they had an agenda for the show.
The response to the criticism from Disney is that the fans are racist and toxic. Seems like that might generate outrage from fans of Star Wars.
Episode 5 is full of plot holes and actions by characters that make no sense. It is just a bad show from bad writers and actors.

Most of the criticism is due to the terrible writing and dialogue. Characters changing their mind from one sentence to the next. Lack of production value and sets. Writers/producers/actors stating they had an agenda for the show.
The response to the criticism from Disney is that the fans are racist and toxic. Seems like that might generate outrage from fans of Star Wars.
Episode 5 is full of plot holes and actions by characters that make no sense. It is just a bad show from bad writers and actors.
I’m talking about the “woke” criticisms. You don’t like the show, fine.

I think it’s been decent.

I’m talking about the “woke” criticisms. You don’t like the show, fine.

I think it’s been decent.
Most criticism I have seen is about the writing and breaking of Star Wars Lore. The response to that criticism is racism and toxic males.
The woke might be the witches creating a person. Writer and producer claiming it was "woke" before the show and the need for more female characters.
You may not agree, just letting you know what is going on with the show

Reactions: sober_teacher
Most criticism I have seen is about the writing and breaking of Star Wars Lore. The response to that criticism is racism and toxic males.
The woke might be the witches creating a person. Writer and producer claiming it was "woke" before the show and the need for more female characters.
You may not agree, just letting you know what is going on with the show

The writing is pretty consistent with Star Wars historically. You might disagree but I’d ask you to go back and watch the OT. It was vibes, not breathtaking dialogue driving it.

I’m a pretty big Star Wars fan and I can’t think of any lore breaking stuff I’ve seen.

Not sure. This is what I found:

Nightsisters​

Origin: The Nightsisters are a clan of witches from the planet Dathomir. They were introduced in the "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" animated series.

Powers: The Nightsisters use a form of dark magic, which is derived from the dark side of the Force. Their abilities include spellcasting, creating potions, and reanimating the dead.

Culture: The Nightsisters have a matriarchal society led by powerful witches such as Mother Talzin. They are known for their fierce independence and warrior skills.

Sexuality: The canon does not explicitly address the sexual orientation of the Nightsisters. Their stories primarily focus on their magical abilities, conflicts, and interactions with other characters in the Star Wars universe.

Looked up the Amazons too.

Amazons of Themyscira​

Origin: The Amazons are a race of warrior women from the island of Themyscira, introduced in DC Comics and prominently featured in Wonder Woman's stories.

Powers:
  • Enhanced Abilities: The Amazons possess superhuman strength, agility, and endurance.
  • Combat Skills: They are highly trained in various forms of combat, including hand-to-hand and weaponry.
  • Longevity: Amazons are often depicted as immortal or having extended lifespans.
  • Magic and Divine Blessings: Some Amazons, especially Wonder Woman, receive additional powers and blessings from the Greek gods.
Culture:
  • Matriarchal Society: Themyscira is ruled by a queen (most commonly Queen Hippolyta), and the society is entirely composed of women.
  • Warrior Tradition: The Amazons uphold a strong warrior tradition, with rigorous training in combat and strategy.
  • Isolation: Themyscira is often portrayed as a secluded island, hidden from the outside world by magic.
  • Harmony with Nature: The Amazons live in harmony with nature, valuing peace and balance while being prepared to defend their home fiercely.
Sexuality:
  • Canon Representation: While the mainstream DC Comics often leave the sexual orientations of most Amazons ambiguous, some modern interpretations and discussions suggest a fluid understanding of sexuality, given their all-female society.
  • Wonder Woman's Sexuality: In some modern comics and interpretations, Wonder Woman (Diana) is depicted as bisexual.

That is wrong. The Nightsisters were introduced in the 1994 novel the Courtship of Princess Leia not the 2003 Clone Wars.
charal-ewoks-battle-for-endor.jpg

And before there were Nightsisters there were Force wielding women who used it more like magic than the mystical chi-like force the Jedi and Sith used. The 1985 made for tv movie Ewoks: The Battle for Endor has a witch named Charral who can summon lightning, whirlwinds, frost and fire as well as shapechange and control/have “affinity” with dumb beasts and monsters.

The writing is pretty consistent with Star Wars historically. You might disagree but I’d ask you to go back and watch the OT. It was vibes, not breathtaking dialogue driving it.

I’m a pretty big Star Wars fan and I can’t think of any lore breaking stuff I’ve seen.

Well the “thread” instead of the force is pretty lore breaking.

The whole Sith thing and Phantom Menace

Enjoy! to each their own

The whole Sith thing and Phantom Menace

Enjoy! to each their own

My opinion, but I don't think our boy is a Sith. He said the Jedi would call him a Sith, but the implication is that he doesn't consider himself one.

I think they specifically included Ki- Adi-Mundi, ol' Lumpyhead himself in one of the episodes who made the initial "There hasn't been a Sith seen for 1,000 years" thing in the Phantom Menace to at least make it very clear the writers are aware of it.

Either way, we're getting VERY in the weeds about a series that included twins making out because they weren't even bro/sis at that time.

My opinion, but I don't think our boy is a Sith. He said the Jedi would call him a Sith, but the implication is that he doesn't consider himself one.

I think they specifically included Ki- Adi-Mundi, ol' Lumpyhead himself in one of the episodes who made the initial "There hasn't been a Sith seen for 1,000 years" thing in the Phantom Menace to at least make it very clear the writers are aware of it.

Either way, we're getting VERY in the weeds about a series that included twins making out because they weren't even bro/sis at that time.
I wondered the same thing. He's very powerful, but it really was too easy to bring him out in the open. I think he's being used by a more powerful sith team.

That is wrong. The Nightsisters were introduced in the 1994 novel the Courtship of Princess Leia not the 2003 Clone Wars.
charal-ewoks-battle-for-endor.jpg

And before there were Nightsisters there were Force wielding women who used it more like magic than the mystical chi-like force the Jedi and Sith used. The 1985 made for tv movie Ewoks: The Battle for Endor has a witch named Charral who can summon lightning, whirlwinds, frost and fire as well as shapechange and control/have “affinity” with dumb beasts and monsters.
Wasn’t Wilfred Brimley in that? Or did I imagine that during an acid trip in the late 90’s?

My problem with acolyte is I just don’t care about any of the characters except the Asian dude, he’s the balls. The lead actress is not charismatic or interesting imo. Not hating, just isn’t my cup of tea so far.

My problem with acolyte is I just don’t care about any of the characters except the Asian dude, he’s the balls. The lead actress is not charismatic or interesting imo. Not hating, just isn’t my cup of tea so far.
They might as well have just put Sonequa Martin-Green's Michael Burnham in the role.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I enjoyed episode 5 except for the identity of the bad guy. I think it being that person is pretty dumb. Also how he was defeated. I'm a super powerful sith like character but I get beat by a slapstick moment with a light stuck on my back? Duh.

Hope that's not too much spoiler. Apologies if it is.

I enjoyed episode 5 except for the identity of the bad guy. I think it being that person is pretty dumb. Also how he was defeated. I'm a super powerful sith like character but I get beat by a slapstick moment with a light stuck on my back? Duh.

Hope that's not too much spoiler. Apologies if it is.
Even more obnoxious is how Sol had the kill shot but Mae or whatever can’t remember screams and he stands down? Fvcking dumb. This show is shit.

Jedi don’t kill the unarmed. That’s why Anakin murdering Dooku/ sand people / children are key parts of his fall to the dark side
He disarmed him during a fight going for the kill. Not the same thing. He was completely justified ending him.

Edit, ok after rereading your post there’s all kinds of dumb. Dooku? He killed him in a battle. What’s he supposed to use? Harsh language? Sand people, well they’re savages, nobody cares. The younglings was pure evil obviously.

He disarmed him during a fight going for the kill. Not the same thing. He was completely justified ending him.

Edit, ok after rereading your post there’s all kinds of dumb. Dooku? He killed him in a battle. What’s he supposed to use? Harsh language? Sand people, well they’re savages, nobody cares. The younglings was pure evil obviously.
It doesn’t matter. Even if previously disarmed during battle, the Jedi aren’t allowed to kill someone who is unarmed. They have to be arrested and brought to the council.

Remember when Windu even debated killing Palpatine after disarming him in battle? The most powerful Sith in the galaxy at the time?

Don’t call my post dumb if you don’t know anything about Star Wars ya ****in noob.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT