ADVERTISEMENT

For the Love of........Can this be LAST tour for Rodham, please !?

I'm not the one question the intelligence of the founding fathers. The system worked like it is suppose to. If you don't like it, the door is open.

Well, don't let it hit ya. I asked a simple question. I asked for an answer not coated in partisan drivel. You failed. Care to try again? Can you not provide a rational answer? Are you capable of thought deeper than a summer rain puddle?

As for the FF's, I suppose you approve of them owning other humans if you think they always got it right. Helps explain the support for an idiot like Trump. Were you one of those white supremacists marching in Charlottesville?

Well, don't let it hit ya. I asked a simple question. I asked for an answer not coated in partisan drivel. You failed. Care to try again? Can you not provide a rational answer? Are you capable of thought deeper than a summer rain puddle?

As for the FF's, I suppose you approve of them owning other humans if you think they always got it right. Helps explain the support for an idiot like Trump. Were you one of those white supremacists marching in Charlottesville?

If the situation was reverse and Hillary won the electoral and Trump won the popular, you wouldn't have any problem with electoral college. However, since it is not, all the sudden you have a problem with it.

So apparently you are the one who is all about a partisan agenda.

No, I think the electoral college worked. The founding fathers got things right. Which prevented the worst presidential candidate in history from becoming president.

It is good to know that you think the founding fathers were all idiots. Shows how partisan you are.

We avoided getting the worst presidential candidate in history and instead go the worst president our country will ever have.

Come on, Look who started the thread and combine that with you saying it's a thread for ripping on Hillary, and then you want to talk about being mature. So far I haven't heard you say one mature thing.

I said the founding fathers got it right, is that not mature enough for you.

If the situation was reverse and Hillary won the electoral and Trump won the popular, you wouldn't have any problem with electoral college. However, since it is not, all the sudden you have a problem with it.

What's actually funny about this response is, you really can't come up with a good reason for the electoral college. If you need help, let me know.

So you think 20 states should have more power than 30 states?
No, we think people should have more power than States. Its so fun seeing cons backing government bureaucracy over civil rights. You folks are so lost, you don't stand for anything anymore.

Reactions: artradley
What's actually funny about this response is, you really can't come up with a good reason for the electoral college. If you need help, let me know.

No, the reason is the spread out the power and not let it get monopolized by the more populated states.

Not quite sure that can be labeled a mature statement. Pretty sure you're just repeating something you heard. And if that's the best you got, that's pretty pathetic. Keep going, remember this thread is now all about you.

Reactions: naturalmwa

I've always had a problem with the electoral college. I'll ask again - absent any partisan BS - why should a Wyoming vote count more than 3.5 times as much as a California vote? You have the opportunity to redeem yourself here. If you can't answer that simple question within the constraints, you don't have a f'n clue what you're talking about.

At least I can think for myself and I am not a slave to a partisan agenda like you.
You have provided no evidence of this. In fact you were asked to think for yourself and provide a rationale for the EC and have failed. Therefore, all evidence in this thread would indicate you are not able to think for yourself.

Reactions: srams21
No, because you have no idea what the FF were trying to accomplish, let alone if they accomplished it with the EC. You are just being a founding father fluffer. There is literally no independent thought from you on this topic.

One would think the Dems would want her to shut up and go away. Go ahead Hil, keep up the name calling and identity politics - it's been great for the party!

Also, I'm confused about something; did Hillary think the winner of the popular vote or the electoral college would be the next President?

One would think the Dems would want her to shut up and go away. Go ahead Hil, keep up the name calling and identity politics - it's been great for the party!

Also, I'm confused about something; did Hillary think the winner of the popular vote or the electoral college would be the next President?

I really don't care what she does. She can write and say anything she wants, but I don't plan to read or listen to any of it. As far as your question goes, maybe next time she's on here, she'll answer it.

You aren't too bright.

Dems, or anyone else, have no control if a person wants to write a book and then go on a book tour.

That's called capitalism. I thought you were a pro-capitalism guy. I guess I was wrong.

I'll ask again - absent any partisan BS - why should a Wyoming vote count more than 3.5 times as much as a California vote?
I'm not disputing your point that a vote in Wyoming carries more weight than a vote in California. But by my calculations the ratio in the 2016 election was 3.023 to 1. I'm curious to know how you arrived at a figure of more than 3.5.

I'm not disputing your point that a vote in Wyoming carries more weight than a vote in California. But by my calculations the ratio in the 2016 election was 3.023 to 1. I'm curious to know how you arrived at a figure of more than 3.5.

That's per capita, not who voted. Probably better to do it based on eligible voters. I'm impressed you did the math, though.

That's per capita, not who voted. Probably better to do it based on eligible voters. I'm impressed you did the math, though.
Even better to do it based on actual votes cast, which is how I based it. An eligible voter who doesn't participate doesn't count no matter how you elect the president.

Even better to do it based on actual votes cast, which is how I based it. An eligible voter who doesn't participate doesn't count no matter how you elect the president.
An eligible voter can participate if they choose do. Prior to an election, you won't know for sure who will vote. Therefore, it needs to be based upon eligible voters for that state.

An eligible voter can participate if they choose do. Prior to an election, you won't know for sure who will vote. Therefore, it needs to be based upon eligible voters for that state.
latest

If they ever change the presidential election to popular vote then the winner will be the candidate who receives the most votes that were actually cast. If someone is eligible to vote but doesn't bother to vote then they don't factor into the election results.

Sure...if you want to do that for every election. And it means nothing for the next election. Doesn't change the point either way.

latest

If they ever change the presidential election to popular vote then the winner will be the candidate who receives the most votes that were actually cast. If someone is eligible to vote but doesn't bother to vote then they don't factor into the election results.
So, you are telling me that going into an election, you can tell who will vote and who won't?

Wow, you are good.

So, you are telling me that going into an election, you can tell who will vote and who won't?

Wow, you are good.
That's not what I said at all. It really gets old having to spend so much time correcting reading comprehension failures.

strike2.jpg

That's not what I said at all. It really gets old having to spend so much time correcting reading comprehension failures.

strike2.jpg

If we're talking about the relative power of voters in different states, the only way to calculate that would be by total eligible voters. We're not talking about a specific election, you know.

Back to the topic, Hillary is going to be on NPR's "Morning Edition" tomorrow.

This means she'll show up on a few more NPR shows this week, too.

A tour indeed.

I've always had a problem with the electoral college. I'll ask again - absent any partisan BS - why should a Wyoming vote count more than 3.5 times as much as a California vote? You have the opportunity to redeem yourself here. If you can't answer that simple question within the constraints, you don't have a f'n clue what you're talking about.

Are you just stupid or something? Do you not realize Wyoming is more like Iowa than California? Why would a state like Iowa want to give up any power or influence in the presidential election? You are on an Iowa message board. So basically you are saying the East Coast and West Coast are better than us. Grow up, the founding fathers got it right. We don't need egotistical people like you deciding who will lead us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT