ADVERTISEMENT

Former first lady Rosalynn Carter has entered hospice care at home

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter, 96, has started hospice care at her home, the Carter Center announced Friday, about six months after her family shared publicly that she was diagnosed with dementia.
“She and President Carter are spending time with each other and their family,” the Carter Center said in a statement. “The Carter family continues to ask for privacy and remains grateful for the outpouring of love and support.”

The development comes nine months after her husband of 77 years, former president Jimmy Carter, 99, also entered hospice care.
The couple made a rare public appearance at the Peanut Festival parade in Plains, Ga., on Sept. 23 — the first time Jimmy Carter had been seen in public since he went into hospice care.

Sad, but this is life...

I tend to not think of the passing of somone in their 90s as a sad thing. Sure it is sad for their family left behind….but it should be more celebrated than mourned that they had a long life.

while i don’t know if i would want to live into my 90s, still having my not yet spouse of a girlfriend by my side would be the only way i would want to do that.

They have been very fortunate

She helped to define to role of the modern First Lady, and lived an amazing life. Small town girl from tough times, to Navy wife and mom, to struggling businesswoman who built something up with her husband as an equal partner, to the wife of a governor and the POTUS.
Her post WH life was pretty damn amazing too given the productivity of her charitable endeavors.

Jimmy been in Hospice for 9 months? I thought Hospice meant you had like days to a few weeks to live...
I think it usually means the person is expected to live no more than 6 months. I had a cousin who recently passed who was in full hospice for 8 months, and very sick for months before that. My dad lasted less than 2 weeks in hospice.

As President and First Lady, they had a great time serving
their community in their post-White House years. I will
always have the picture of them both working on a Habitat
for Humanity House. He had a hammer pounding nails and
she was doing some painting. Great example of helping others..

As President and First Lady, they had a great time serving
their community in their post-White House years. I will
always have the picture of them both working on a Habitat
for Humanity House. He had a hammer pounding nails and
she was doing some painting. Great example of helping others..
Thanks bot

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
This happens more often then people realize. 77 years of marriage is remarkable.
Truly amazing. A lot of times it’s stress. Sometimes one partner neglects their health while the spouse struggles. A buddy’s dad started having issues right after his wife of 50 years passed. The kids started going to appointments with him and took charge of things. He’d been having heart issues for months but didn’t want to be a bother while his wife suffered, basically.

F_U9ipjbYAAcHsz

I can see Donald skipping something boring like a funeral. They would barely even be talking about him! And, he’s got so many trials to attend.
S***y if Melania doesn’t attend. That would certainly tell us a lot about her character. Be best and all.

Actually, that's just as well. Trump's presence would be demeaning to the ceremony.
Jimmy Carter has said that he wants Trump to attend his funeral. Always the classy man that reaches out his hand in friendship.
Trump will have to leave enough money to pay mourners to show up at his funeral.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I can see Donald skipping something boring like a funeral. They would barely even be talking about him! And, he’s got so many trials to attend.
S***y if Melania doesn’t attend. That would certainly tell us a lot about her character. Be best and all.
President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden, former President Bill Clinton and former first ladies Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama and Melania Trump are expected to attend the invite-only service.

I wonder if Donnie got an invite?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT