ADVERTISEMENT

Ronna McDaniel, Former R.N.C. Chair, Joins NBC News

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Ronna McDaniel, who stepped down as chairwoman of the Republican National Committee this month, is joining NBC News as an on-air contributor, the network said on Friday.
The hire adds a reliably conservative voice to NBC’s stable of political analysts. Ms. McDaniel is also expected to provide commentary on MSNBC, NBC’s left-leaning cable cousin and a network that former President Donald J. Trump and his allies often accuse of being an arm of the Democratic Party.
“It couldn’t be a more important moment to have a voice like Ronna’s on the team,” Carrie Budoff Brown, who oversees NBC News political coverage, wrote in a memo, adding that Ms. McDaniel would provide “an insider’s perspective on national politics and the future of the Republican Party.” Ms. McDaniel will be especially involved in the coverage of the 2024 campaign, including election nights.

She was selected by Mr. Trump to lead the Republican Party after she spearheaded his 2016 presidential campaign victory in Michigan. As party chairwoman, she occasionally clashed with Mr. Trump. Last year, he complained about her decision to sponsor multiple Republican presidential primary debates, one of which was hosted by NBC, with Mr. Trump’s rivals.
Advertisement
SKIP ADVERTISEMENT

In February, Ms. McDaniel urged Republicans to unite behind Mr. Trump after his victory in the New Hampshire primary, irking Nikki Haley, his rival who had not yet dropped out of the race. Mr. Trump has since installed his daughter-in-law and a close adviser to lead the R.N.C., tightening his hold over the party.
Other prominent Republican commentators at NBC News include Marc Short, who served as chief of staff to former Vice President Mike Pence, and Brendan Buck, a former top aide to Paul Ryan and John Boehner. Since the start of the Biden administration, MSNBC has hired Jen Psaki, President Biden’s first press secretary, and Symone D. Sanders, a former chief spokeswoman for Vice President Kamala Harris.
Ms. McDaniel’s NBC debut will be on this Sunday’s edition of “Meet the Press.”

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky1203
The got the 'Ronna.....

drums-drummer.gif

Reactions: cigaretteman
I read that as "Ronald McDonald" at first. I'm not sure if that was actually an incorrect interpretation of the name though...

• Haha
It will be interesting to see whether their hosts or other guests shut down her lies. I can’t imagine Maddow, Reid, Wallace, Hayes, Morning Joe are going to let her make shit up without pushback.
The early production meetings will be interesting.
I can see an exec saying, " Sure she participated in the coup, but we need to add different voices"...

Everything Trump touches dies. McDaniel debased herself for Trump. She lied for Trump. She tried to overturn an election for Trump. And, here she is. She's getting mocked and brutalized by the cult members she debased herself for on social media, and on the right wing media.
Not that I feel sorry for her. She chose poorly in life.

Sounds like the head of NBC News changed her mind…due to internal backlash from their hosts and contributors. No way some of those people were going to want that traitorous PoS on their shows.

Sounds like the head of NBC News changed her mind…due to internal backlash from their hosts and contributors. No way some of those people were going to want that traitorous PoS on their shows.

Good now send the both sides act on MTP packing and put a real journalist on that show. Chuck and Chuckina Todd both suck.

Posting but I could only watch the first of the four of these. They should rename MTP to “The Both Sides News Hour.”

Last edited:
She got totally exposed, both during Welker's interview and the subsequent panel discussion. Trump apologist, big lie apologist, one of those leading the charge to upset the fair election. Her backpedaling, self serving, excuse laiden 'reasons' were transparent and laughable. And it was called out by Todd as such. Let's say she faired very poorly.

While MSNBC was quick to say - amid blowback - that Ronna McDaniel won’t be appearing on any of THEIR programs on air in some sort of failed appeasement effort to deflect from the fact that NBC hired her at all, what’s been glossed over is what she WILL be doing.

According to the NYT: Ms. McDaniel will be especially involved in the coverage of the 2024 campaign, including election nights.

How convenient. What could possibly go wrong?

McDaniel’s hire was to the delight of NBC’s Senior VP of Meet the Press (that turned out great) and now Senior VP of Politics at the network, Carrie Budoff Brown. According to Brown, “It couldn’t be a more important moment to have a voice like Ronna’s on the team.”

If that voice is an election denying sycophant…I guess.

Brown went on to say that McDaniel, “as a longtime Michigan resident, she’ll be an important voice from one of this year’s key battlegrounds.”

Exactly how Ronna McDaniel’s voice (one that pushed the Big Lie) will be important in a key battleground state in an election year when democracy (the very one that the GOP Presidential nominee has tried to subvert at every opportunity) is literally on the ballot, is the question…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT