ADVERTISEMENT

Former Nebraska player accuses ex-coach of grooming her into sexual relationship

There haven’t been female dorms at Iowa in over a half a century. They went coed in 1970. But, please continue on with your fiction.
Hey Moron,

Even a cursory examination of your tiny peanut brain would reveal this, lord imbecile. Some of us old timers went to the UI circa 1987 to 1991. So what were you saying moron? Same applies to the rest of you Alzheimer's ridden clowns.

Pertinent info is here:

Stanley Hall originally housed 563 women, but became coed in 1991.

There haven’t been female dorms at Iowa in over a half a century. They went coed in 1970. But, please continue on with your fiction.

Hey Moron,

Even a cursory examination of your tiny peanut brain would reveal this, lord imbecile. Some of us old timers went to the UI circa 1987 to 1991. So what were you saying moron? Same applies to the rest of you Alzheimer's ridden clowns.

Pertinent info is here:

If true:

got-served-howard.gif

Why the hell wouldn't it be true? It's from the official University of Iowa website!

Description of facility:

Stanley Hall, a 10-story, $2.5 million facility opened on a limestone bluff to the west of Currier in 1966. It had been planned as an addition to Currier—it was sometimes called the Currier Hall “annex”—and indeed it is connected to Currier at Currier’s ground and basement levels. The hall’s lounges offer panoramic views of the Iowa River and the north side of Iowa City. The building’s namesake is Carrie Stanley, who earned UI degrees in 1912 and 1915 and served as professor of English from 1920 until 1954. In 1945, Stanley began directing the Writing Lab (now the UI Writing Center). She died in 1962. Stanley Hall originally housed 563 women, but became coed in 1991. Today, it is home to 384 residents, and the entire building is designated as a “quiet house.” The building is connected to Currier Hall with easy access to Burge Hall and Burge Market Place. Stanley Hall has a high-rise feel with lounges on each floor, most of which offer a panoramic view of the Iowa River.

Address: 10 East Davenport Street
Year built: 1966
Additional building information and map: Stanley Hall

Source: https://www.facilities.uiowa.edu/named-building/stanley-hall

Reactions: cfbfan23
Why the hell wouldn't it be true? It's from the official University of Iowa website!

Description of facility:

Stanley Hall, a 10-story, $2.5 million facility opened on a limestone bluff to the west of Currier in 1966. It had been planned as an addition to Currier—it was sometimes called the Currier Hall “annex”—and indeed it is connected to Currier at Currier’s ground and basement levels. The hall’s lounges offer panoramic views of the Iowa River and the north side of Iowa City. The building’s namesake is Carrie Stanley, who earned UI degrees in 1912 and 1915 and served as professor of English from 1920 until 1954. In 1945, Stanley began directing the Writing Lab (now the UI Writing Center). She died in 1962. Stanley Hall originally housed 563 women, but became coed in 1991. Today, it is home to 384 residents, and the entire building is designated as a “quiet house.” The building is connected to Currier Hall with easy access to Burge Hall and Burge Market Place. Stanley Hall has a high-rise feel with lounges on each floor, most of which offer a panoramic view of the Iowa River.

Address: 10 East Davenport Street
Year built: 1966
Additional building information and map: Stanley Hall

Source: https://www.facilities.uiowa.edu/named-building/stanley-hall
Even then Stanley only had 1 floor for women when I was an RA there in mid-90s.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
Boys and girls were not meant to be housed in the same dormitory.
In my day, a dorm monitor ensured no boys entered the girls dorm
after 8pm. From 10am - 8pm boys were allowed in the sitting room
only, never could they pass through the hallowed door to the living
quarters. On move-in day, if a dad or brother was helping a young
lady move in, shouts of "Man on the floor" were very common, ringing
out so no unsuspecting lass would come from the shower in pajamas.

Even then Stanley only had 1 floor for women when I was an RA there in mid-90s.
Did you notice the date or are these things too complicated for you?

1995 > 1991.

It had already transitioned by 1991.

Wtf is wrong with you man? Did you make it past high school?

I am referring to that poster's crack pot date of 1970.

It was all women from 1970 to 1991, when I graduated. I would hope it would be men and women by the mid 1990's. You know basic math right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bierhalter
I can one up you old man. My FIL and MIL both went to Iowa many moons ago. The men had maids that did their laundry and such, while the women did not. What a time to be alive!

1995 > 1991.

It was all women from 1970 to 1991, when I graduated. I would hope it would be men and women by the mid 1990's. You know basic math right?
Wasn't commenting on you banging girls in the 70s... go for it. Just saying by the time I was there in 96 I think only 1 floor was girls only.

1995 > 1991.

Somebody is waking up on the wrong side of the broomstick these days.

Violin GIF

Are you really Lute?

So what I’m getting from this is that gohox is trying to compare his time as a tutor and the crazy things females did 30+ years ago to the op.
Pretty sure a couple of things among college sports and coeds have changed during that time.

Hey Moron,

Pertinent info is here:

All athletes are (were) housed in westside dorms due to training table (Hillcrest) and proximity to athletic facilities. No way scholarship athlete was housed in Stanley in the 90s. Hillcrest, Quad, or towers. That's it.

All athletes are (were) housed in westside dorms due to training table (Hillcrest) and proximity to athletic facilities. No way scholarship athlete was housed in Stanley in the 90s. Hillcrest, Quad, or towers. That's it.
You are correct. I never implied she stayed in Stanley. All I said was there were all female dorms in the late 80's. These were all in the quad. Didn't realize there were that many stalkers on here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT