ADVERTISEMENT

Former Players v. Football Program *** Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you believe anything in the Cedar Rapids Gazette? I mean it's not the shit rag DM Register but stir the pot? Since Sullivan met the internet there is literally nothing believable in any newspaper, and that includes the WSJ. Well, I guess Investor's Daily is still around.
Well I was there for the funnies and happened to flip to the sports section

I will not click or read anything that comes from the CR Gazette ...just walk on by. And I think Mike is a solid Sports Journalist.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I came for updates but see none.
Part of me is kind of pulling for the former players in hopes that it forces some hands and our offense improves to be better than at least New Mexico State University Albuquerque.

Reactions: bradjens
Part of me is kind of pulling for the former players in hopes that it forces some hands and our offense improves to be better than at least New Mexico State University Albuquerque.
If these players have no case there's no way I want to see them win just because we think them winning forces change in Iowa football-- c'mon get serious. Put yourself in the defendant's shoes and imagine others saying what you did about your accusers.

Found guilty of racism as a program? I don’t think that will get the kind of change you are hoping for. Probably fishing in the Art Briles type of coaches pool.
prepared for the ‘but our offense would be better’
Careful what you wish for.

Found guilty of racism as a program? I don’t think that will get the kind of change you are hoping for. Probably fishing in the Art Briles type of coaches pool.
prepared for the ‘but our offense would be better’
Careful what you wish for.
Again, the player's case at this point looks quite flimsy based on looking at the player's depositions to date-- many are backing off of earlier comments they made. I pray Iowa wins the case because none of us want to think we still have coaches on the staff that used racist terms or attitudes.

However, make no mistake, should Iowa lose this case, Brian Ferentz and Seth Wallace will be dismissed-- the university will not allow them to remain on staff and there's no way Iowa's program can move forward positively with two known guys like this on the staff.

Again, the player's case at this point looks quite flimsy based on looking at the player's depositions to date-- many are backing off of earlier comments they made. I pray Iowa wins the case because none of us want to think we still have coaches on the staff that used racist terms or attitudes.

However, make no mistake, should Iowa lose this case, Brian Ferentz and Seth Wallace will be dismissed-- the university will not allow them to remain on staff and there's no way Iowa's program can move forward positively with two known guys like this on the staff.
Wallace should have been canned immediately after the comments he made about Mark Kallenberger’s brother came out. Absolutely no excuse for that kind of BS from a so-called “professional.”

If these players have no case there's no way I want to see them win just because we think them winning forces change in Iowa football-- c'mon get serious. Put yourself in the defendant's shoes and imagine others saying what you did about your accusers.

it-was-a-joke-mr-hankey.gif

Interesting...some depos taken by plaintiffs but no immediate leaks of "gotcha" stuff or admissions of wrongdoing...with Iowa in the national eye against OSU I might have expected something. Maybe today? Rumor is they were fairly contentious affairs. Should make for an interesting read.

Interesting...some depos taken by plaintiffs but no immediate leaks of "gotcha" stuff or admissions of wrongdoing...with Iowa in the national eye against OSU I might have expected something. Maybe today? Rumor is they were fairly contentious affairs. Should make for an interesting read.
I believe now all have been deposed except the two Ferentz's-- maybe there's someone else too. Not sure.

Lots of different rumors coming out of the depositions of the former players. The thing I heard is most of them backed off some of the previous statements they had made.

Now over 2 years from the start of this thread. Many thanks to Aurora and all the constructive commentators towards this ongoing saga.

Rumors starting to rustle again. Any hard news out there?

Reactions: BCRoss89
Now over 2 years from the start of this thread. Many thanks to Aurora and all the constructive commentators towards this ongoing saga.

Rumors starting to rustle again. Any hard news out there?
Care to share these rumors?

I have heard no rumors. The case is to be held in February or March I think then this escapade can be behind everyone. Conventional wisdom has been UI wins the case but who knows- we all thought that about Meyer/Greisbaum
In your post you claim “rumors starting to rustle again”….so no rumors rustling?

• Haha
Reactions: hawkhockey
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT