ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ****Four-star QB Marco Lainez commits to Iowa****

I get what you’re saying but your comparison is off imho. Deuce’s completion rate in HS was around like 55% not 81% and despite what some people on these boards made up in their own heads about Hogan, he can’t run like this kid, or Labas, or even May for that matter. I know I’m in the minority but I was never really that high on Hogan. I just didn’t understand where all the hype was coming from after watching his highlights compared to our other QBs and some that ‘got away’. I guess time will tell if I was wrong. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like I’m not the only one.
It was the name and the fact he was so vocal in recruiting other guys to Iowa. And, of course, the 4 stars but as we all no by now that’s no sure thing since it can be based on so many factors.

Glad I got to watch his film. He looks damn good to me! Good job coaches in recruiting him. Sounds like an even better young man. All those people taking shots at being "racist" are off base. Every recruit mentions the family atmosphere and culture and that comes from the team to the recruits when they visit.

If you watch all their video Labas and May jump off the screen as far more advanced and athletic than either Spencer or Alex.

Spencer looked like an incredible passer. When you watch those throws now, and I did over Thanksgiving weekend, Spencer's throwing to a lot of wide-open receivers downfield. It seems like his team was kind of a talented crew and Spencer never faced pressure. Personally, I think Spencer's mentally shot, no confidence that he's making the right read, hence the hesitation and wild throws

Alex's film was not as impressive. You could tell he played in a much faster offense and seemed quicker than the average Iowa QB. He just didn't seem to have much running instinct. Good thrower but not a great arm strength or form.

Labas and May throw better than Alex, much stronger arms and have a more natural running instinct. A nose for the hole and better field vision.

Do not be stunned if Alex and Spencer transfer.​
I did this the other day as well. Labas looked much better and more instinctual than both Petras and Padilla. I'm not saying he's Mahomes but he did do some things that kind of reminded me of him. I was glad to see how mobile he was. Haven't watched much of May yet since I'm assuming he has no shot at playing next year.

To all recruits: ten percent of all fan bases are dicks. 90% of these dicks make up 75% of this board. Consider them as idiots and ignore them, most are drunks or low achieving losers
Based on this math 12% of the fan base is on this board.

I thought Marco's video was impressive. Only negative I can think of is pass attempts per game. He only threw the ball 13 times a game. Not a big sample.

homophobia is a winning color on you
iu

Deductive logic ... the retort was intended as a slight. The inquiry had obvious homoerotic innuendo. The inquiry, in itself, was fine ... the fact that the inferred intention was as a slight ... therein lies the homophobic underpinnings. Pretty simple, actually ...
Basically you're the type of person to cry about anything, move along softy...

There was nothing wrong with my quote. Hell for all we know I was replying to a woman. But I guess it's OK for you to assume it's a guy ay?

Lmao

Basically you're the type of person to cry about anything, move along softy...

There was nothing wrong with my quote. Hell for all we know I was replying to a woman. But I guess it's OK for you to assume it's a guy ay?

Lmao
Not at all. I would infer that you're a softball who's too prideful to admit when you say (or write) something that is inappropriate. Way to take responsibility for yourself ... but I suppose you''re not wrong often?

Reactions: RothMatt
Not at all. I would infer that you're a softball who's too prideful to admit when you say (or write) something that is inappropriate. Way to take responsibility for yourself ... but I suppose you''re not wrong often?
I said nothing that should be considered offensive. If you're that soft you are better off to stay away the internet buf

I said nothing that should be considered offensive. If you're that soft you are better off to stay away the internet buf
Like many folks on these here interwebs, you clearly have no desire to be considerate to others. I take no offense to your comment - but I find your ilk rude. Furthermore, I've had gay friends who've had the shit kicked out of them by folks who've made comments like yours. Pardon my request for decorum.

Reactions: BBHawk
Ghost, this isn't meant as a slight or anything, but that comment up a few posts is certainly written by a lawyer!!!
Not a lawyer ... just a theoretical physics. My clan are a pompous, overbearing group ... prone to egotism and eccentricity. I try my best to not be a dick ... but I fail with great frequency. The best I can hope is that I at least take ownership of it ...

Like many folks on these here interwebs, you clearly have no desire to be considerate to others. I take no offense to your comment - but I find your ilk rude. Furthermore, I've had gay friends who've had the shit kicked out of them by folks who've made comments like yours. Pardon my request for decorum.
The poster said there's mostly dicks here so I simply asked if he liked dicks, since he is obviously here.

Wtf does that have to do with gay bashing? You're getting ridiculous!

BTW thats a rhetorical question. I have no interest in continuing this complete nonsense with you.

The poster said there's mostly dicks here so I simply asked if he liked dicks, since he is obviously here.

Wtf does that have to do with gay bashing? You're getting ridiculous!

BTW thats a rhetorical question. I have no interest in continuing this complete nonsense with you.
Then stop.

Reactions: RothMatt
What’s not to like, Throws a nice ball, Can throw on the run, Seems to have nice pocket awareness, moved around very easily in the pocket while keeping eyes downfield. Reminded me of PSU’s Clifford running the ball.

Not a lawyer ... just a theoretical physics. My clan are a pompous, overbearing group ... prone to egotism and eccentricity. I try my best to not be a dick ... but I fail with great frequency. The best I can hope is that I at least take ownership of it ...

Right on. Here's a good rule: Say whatever you want, hell do almost anything you want just don't demand people agree or approve of you.

You guys know homophobia isn't a real word, or even a real thing, right?

Lainez - May - Labas. All 3 qb’s look to be money “on paper”. If they are ALL that and a bag of chips - I can’t see all 3 staying? But this is a GREAT problem to have - no doubt!
May the best game mgr win...

He seems like a hybrid pro/dual threat quarterback. Big and bruising but also elusive and very aware, eyes at the back of his head. Carson May is like this too. So is Labas.

I love that he is described by top coaches as a dual threat quarterback.

I love how we are recruiting quarterbacks now. All these guys remind me of Ben Roethlisberger, Who could break tackles just as easily as make guys miss. Who could throw on the run and make defenses pay and make all the throws.

I’ll never forget watching big Ben break like a dozen tackles and run appx 80 yards for a touchdown at Kinnick. Everybody in that stadium knew they would see him playing on Sundays.

I have never been more excited for a stable of young up-and-coming quarterbacks at Iowa. All three of these guys are quick and mobile and friggin trucks to bring down. A little bit like if George Kittle could pass the ball.
Side note _ Ben threw 4 interceptions in the Iowa game and looked wild and terrible.

Side note _ Ben threw 4 interceptions in the Iowa game and looked wild and terrible.
Maybe you’re thinking of the wrong game.
I’m talking about 2002. Only one INT in that game and yes there were multiple highly controversial calls by the b10 refs that even called back completed TDs by roethlisberger that would have sent Iowa home with a loss.

Somebody has to be that guy, so . . .

Doesn't this commit remind you of a similar 4-star QB from Texas who just left Iowa via the portal, a guy who was all in as a Hawkeye, including trying to recruit other players to Iowa City, yet who languished as the third-string QB behind two fellas who haven't exactly lit it up?

When Deuce Hogan chose the Hawkeyes, this board was pretty excited and filled with comments similar to those in this thread. So all I'm sayin' is there's a long and winding road from here to a QB who will lead an Iowa offense into the top half in the country. Maybe Marco will be that guy. Maybe.
No, somebody doesn’t have to be that guy. You just want to be that guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT