ADVERTISEMENT

Fox News reporter hopes USMNT loses

What does sexual preference have to do with these soccer games?
Qatar is a repressive society that does not recognize diversity so many more enlightened countries are pushing back through subtle sartorial symbolism. (Have someone look those words up for ya Northern.)

Ironically, the Fox news lady would probably be sentenced to a stoning for dressing and talking the way she does in Qatar by the clerics she is siding with.

Qatar is a repressive society that does not recognize diversity so many more enlightened countries are pushing back through subtle sartorial symbolism. (Have someone look those words up for ya Northern.)

Ironically, the Fox news lady would probably be sentenced to a stoning for dressing and talking the way she does in Qatar by the clerics she is siding with.

Then why are all western nations participating in these games? Once you accept the invitation, there is no need to poke the bear. Seems petty and pointless.

Meh, whatever. Definitely more of a statement directed at Qatar/anti-islam than anything else.

I'm not going to watch any more or less.

I'd be interested to know if the LGBTQ+ community is more motivated to watch, or feels more supported, or if this is just really an "in your face" to Qatar/Islam, and doesn't have much positive impact on the other side.

That’s a whole other subject. She’s not watching because of Qatar, she’s hoping they lose because she’s a homophobic moran.
I would be much happier were the US to not play at all. Changing the colors on their patch is pretty meaningless. Besides the thousands killed, uncounted others are forever disabled due to issues with the extreme dehydration they suffered. There are workers who will need a lifetime of dialysis because their kidneys were destroyed and Qatar sure as hell isn't helping them. I don't hope the USMNT loses but I honestly don't GAF if they win.

Last edited:
To the OP...the Radical Right is gonna be sore for awhile.

Last week's defeat wasn't expected and the bitterness is obvious.

The Murdock family has to be weighing the pros and cons of what approach to take with MAGA because Newsmax and OAN are ready to poach viewers.

Thinking it's stupid to put the lgbtq on these jerseys is siding with clerics now? Holy hyperbole batman.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Thinking it's stupid to put the lgbtq on these jerseys is siding with clerics now? Holy hyperbole batman.
Your lack of being informed doesn't surprise me. The decision was made as a direct response to the theocratic rulers of Qatar and their anti-LGBTQ agenda.

So yes, if you "take the other side" you are, in fact, siding with the clerics.

Your lack of being informed doesn't surprise me. The decision was made as a direct response to the theocratic rulers of Qatar and their anti-LGBTQ agenda.

Wear rainbow arm bands...message still gets across.

Either way...still rooting for USMNT and Qatar sucks and never should have been awarded the WC.

It blows my mind that little things like this bother some people so freaking much.

Why does it blow your mind that people are bothered by this? It blows my mind that some feel EVERYTHING needs to be political. Why can't USA soccer, oh I don't know, just play soccer? Why does someone's political opinion need to be embroidered on their soccer jersey? How would you feel if they sewed a pro-life emblem on the jersey? Would that be cool?

• Haha
It blows my mind that little things like this bother some people so freaking much.

Why does it blow your mind that people are bothered by this? It blows my mind that some feel EVERYTHING needs to be political. Why can't USA soccer, oh I don't know, just play soccer? Why does someone's political opinion need to be embroidered on their soccer jersey? How would you feel if they sewed a pro-life emblem on the jersey? Would that be cool?
You think it’s a political opinion?

So you disagree with the coach?

"When we are on the world stage and when we are in a venue like Qatar, it is important to bring awareness to these issues and that is what ‘Be the Change’ is about,” US coach Gregg Berhalter told a news conference on Monday. “It is not just Stateside that we want to bring attention to social issues, it is also abroad. We recognise that Qatar has made strides and there has been a ton of progress but there’s some work still to do.”

I for one find it admirable that an AMERICAN coach - representing our values of FREEDOM - is taking a stand against repression.

It doesn't surprise me people like you oppose that though.

Warm up jerseys bro.

The only reason to be upset is if you oppose the messaging.
No that's not the ONLY reason...and I'm not "upset". Just think the NATIONAL team crest should be Red/White/Blue. Just an opinion but it doesn't mean I oppose the message they're sending to Qatar.

Reactions: Pinehawk

Abby is just asking because they sent the usmnt anti interacial marriage patches and they want us all on board with those patches.

• Haha
Reactions: blhawk and torbee
That’s a whole other subject. She’s not watching because of Qatar, she’s hoping they lose because she’s a homophobic moran.
You're a child groomer. She how easy it is to say something about someone you've never met? Maybe she just doesn't feel a soccer uniform for a team that represents the entire country, needs to flaunt one political opinion?

You're a child groomer. She how easy it is to say something about someone you've never met? Maybe she just doesn't feel a soccer uniform for a team that represents the entire country, needs to flaunt one political opinion?
That’s the best you got, Abs?

I would be much happier were the US to not play at all. Changing the colors on their patch is pretty meaningless. Besides the thousands killed, uncounted others are forever disabled due to issues with the extreme dehydration they suffered. There are workers who will need a lifetime of dialysis because their kidneys were destroyed and Qatar sure as hell isn't helping them. I don't hope the USMNT loses but I honestly don't GAF if they win.
I can respect your opinion based on the facts you presented. But it appears the group that started this is the international soccer fed that offered the games to Qatar.

Uh no, it doesn't work that way. One can despise the clerics and their stance on lgbtq and pretty much every other basic human right, AND disagree with the chosen method of getting this message across. It's not one or the other, and a person making that argument generally knows he's wrong.

Reactions: Pinehawk
What is the “political opinion” they’re flaunting?

Reactions: LBoogie28
she seems nice

e6b4d6ca3a73c3cd0f0a018400974673.jpg
We need to line up and mouth **** her so she can’t say stupid shit like this. Consensual of course. ;)

Reactions: QChawks and torbee
Well if they are going to add colors to support the LGBTQ+ folks, what colors will they add to show support for all of the slaves & indentured servants FIFA and Qatar used to build up Doha and the surrounding infrastructure and stadiums/hotels/bars/restaurants/sex clubs in order to host the World Cup?

What colors will they add to show support for all of the sex trafficked young girls that will get abused in all of those hotel rooms and private residences during the World Cup?

Just think about all the money and more importantly lives lost building these stadiums, that will literally never be used again for anything in a month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT