ADVERTISEMENT

Fran February Fade: In last 6 Seasons? 69% Win Percentage in Feb & 10 B1G wins for a Program Record 6th Straight Season

Too bad that the tournament is held in March

that's it.

Fran_Tearaways.gif

It did seem to be a thing there for a while, but whatever the issue was with those teams (or coaching, whatever the case may be) definitely doesn't seem to be an issue these past few years at least.

This program really needs a March run in the worst way. Even when we’ve won the BTT it was quickly tarnished in RD1 in NCAAs.

Fran Fade myth is just an accumulation of that disappointment. 25 years and counting

I don't get the hate for Fran. I love the guy as Iowa's coach. It's a really fun team to watch, but I like offense in BB. I think with some better athletes the D will improve.

I have an odd take…I don’t really care all that much for Fran per se. I’m sure he is a decent chap, but he is boorish at times and the pure lack of teaching any defensive philosophy at all, irritates me greatly, as a defensive guy.

I saw a defender flash outside today and leave his guy 4 ft from the basket….WTH?

But he IS a good coach and coaches beautiful basketball. His inbounds are amazing. I hate not being able to guard a fireplace, but seriously, real good chance to go backwards there!!

I don't get the hate for Fran. I love the guy as Iowa's coach. It's a really fun team to watch, but I like offense in BB. I think with some better athletes the D will improve.
It's not really athletes though.

Iowas problems on defense are more culture related than anything.

It's just not something that is taken seriously.

For instance Perkins went underneath screens on Buie twice today.

Thats not something that happens on other teams.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I have an odd take…I don’t really care all that much for Fran per se. I’m sure he is a decent chap, but he is boorish at times and the pure lack of teaching any defensive philosophy at all, irritates me greatly, as a defensive guy.

I saw a defender flash outside today and leave his guy 4 ft from the basket….WTH?

But he IS a good coach and coaches beautiful basketball. His inbounds are amazing. I hate not being able to guard a fireplace, but seriously, real good chance to go backwards there!!
This... and a couple times a guy was beat off the dribble & no one even tried to help in the paint. Clear path to the basket... just irritating as hell.

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT