ADVERTISEMENT

Fran McCaffery is only under Contract thru 2023; Time for a lengthy extension

I could see Fran being under contract until Conner can take over as HC. I love the way the kid plays the game of basketball and would love to see him blossom into a great coach some day.

Go Hawks!

Yep, I can envision Connor taking over after Fran retires and teaching everyone the Connor shooting stroke....wouldn't that be awesome!

Reactions: iowa surfer
Lock Fran up for 10 more years and continue down the road of mediocrity. To expect otherwise is fantasy.

Gs1k0r_CqaXtIR92eHorMcI-BSyydS2RCeICd9_TjuPTN6H7msaZN3Li9zc5rmU3MihmVKfS99d4pjyU44kJLcpjVZRoBbPGxlT2Dg=s0-d

A 2-seed in the NCAA Tournament and top 10 most of the year and all of the last month is the mediocre road I am willing to continue down.

See ya!

😉

103-101 in Big Ten Play (91-77 if you throw out the first two seasons) is hardly earthshaking. Even with the Big Ten Player of the year for two years running and the most experienced team in the Big Ten this year hands down -- no better than 3rd. If that is what you are happy with, because it's poor old Iowa. So be it.

103-101 in Big Ten Play (91-77 if you throw out the first two seasons) is hardly earthshaking. Even with the Big Ten Player of the year for two years running and the most experienced team in the Big Ten this year hands down -- no better than 3rd. If that is what you are happy with, because it's poor old Iowa. So be it.
Okay.

Bye. 👋

In looking at the extension - he is 35-25 in the last 3 years. (Of course, the other years "count", but if you're considering an extension I think you look at recent years). The trajectory is favorable. Yeah, gonna lose Garza, but if the Hawks can add a piece or two that could be pretty good.

All an AD has to do is look around at all the coaching carousels in the country. Michigan struck gold, but who else? Added to that fact, Barta can look at what Bowlsby did a couple of decades ago and see how that worked out.

The players love him. The arena would have been full this year. It should be full next year.

There was just no way he wasn't going to get an extension.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
In looking at the extension - he is 35-25 in the last 3 years. (Of course, the other years "count", but if you're considering an extension I think you look at recent years). The trajectory is favorable. Yeah, gonna lose Garza, but if the Hawks can add a piece or two that could be pretty good.

All an AD has to do is look around at all the coaching carousels in the country. Michigan struck gold, but who else? Added to that fact, Barta can look at what Bowlsby did a couple of decades ago and see how that worked out.

The players love him. The arena would have been full this year. It should be full next year.

There was just no way he wasn't going to get an extension.
its interesting that when he was hired he was making just over $1M a year.

now, he will be making over $3M a year

but, what does Calipari and Coach K make? $9M a year?

yeah, these athletic depts sure are hurting for cash

Boy. 2028 is an awful long ways away. At least we'll get to see all of his boys sport the Hawkeye jersey and we can clap for all his players at graduation.

I was 28 years old when Iowa last played in the Sweet 16. I seriously didn't think that one day I'd be hoping to live long enough to see it again...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT