ADVERTISEMENT

Fran on COOK INJURY: Examining it; appears Sprained; Will do X-Ray; JoBo: "He'll be fine."

I am fairly certain Tom's "source" was Legend12.

That would be incorrect and I am pretty certain you read that when I commented on it previously. But, I can't control what you want to believe. That's on you.

I hope people are paying attention.

On page 2 of this thread, Legend made 2 posts, and I quote:

Post 1 "Odds are he is going to need surgery."

Post 2: "Cook is looking at having to have surgery on his ankle."

On Page 3, Legend speculated Cook will be out 8-10 games?!?

"I talked to someone in the basketball program yesterday who said surgery was a possibility and others in the know were wondering if he’d be back in the next 8-10 games. I’d be shocked and way excited if he ends up missing anything less than 2-3 games because the roster is getting pretty damn thin at this point."

On Page 4:

IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that no journalist out there has reported "surgery has been suggested."

No reporter has used the word "surgery" in any Cook update.

Legend, however, posted this on page 4:

"I know that surgery has been suggested...."

He knows, folks!

This thread reminds me that we should all follow real reporters like Tom Kakert, Chad & Mark from the Register & Hlas from the Gazette to get the real reports and the real updates.

"I talked to someone in the basketball program yesterday who said surgery was a possibility and others in the know were wondering if he’d be back in the next 8-10 games. I’d be shocked and way excited if he ends up missing anything less than 2-3 games because the roster is getting pretty damn thin at this point."

On Page 4:

IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that no journalist out there has reported "surgery has been suggested."

He knows, folks!

This thread reminds me that we should all follow real reporters like Tom Kakert, Chad & Mark from the Register & Hlas from the Gazette to get the real reports and the real updates.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Spot on - Message Board information should be taken in the same manner as the old National Enquirer. Buyer be ware! Unfortunately, good conversation is often ruined by half truths, snarky comments, and the need to be a pud.

Reactions: Franisdaman

On Page 4:

He knows, folks!

There were journalist openly speculating about Tyler transferring to Missouri at the end of last year. Sometimes their “inside” information doesn’t pan out either.

What follows is an update from the AP's game story. NOTE that the word "surgery" is not used by the AP writer because Cook is expected back on Sunday vs Illinois!!! And remember, Legend suggested in this thread that Cook might miss "the next 8-10 games"

From the AP Game Story:

Iowa played its second game this season without starting forward Tyler Cook who's nursing a sprained ankle suffered against Ohio State.

But the team's leading scorer and rebounder is nearing a return. McCaffery said he's hopeful Cook can return Saturday against Illinois.

"That's the plan," McCaffery said. "You never know with sprained ankles."

Cook missed Iowa's Jan. 9 game with a sore knee

LINK: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401082407

For the love of God, give it up. We get it already.

Exactly. It's entirely possible that someone in the program or associated with it spoke to Legend and indicated that surgery was a possibility. And it might have been in the first 12-24 hours before they knew the extent of the damage. It obviously was not that bad as Cook as out there going through wamups last night but obviously not good enough play.

There have been plenty of message board speculation/rumors that turned out to be true. Beathard injured in camp prior to the 2016 season. True. Pemsl season-ending surgery. True.

Of course everything has to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. In this case, I'm very happy the board speculation was wrong.

Reactions: ForcePro
Exactly. It's entirely possible that someone in the program or associated with it spoke to Legend and indicated that surgery was a possibility. And it might have been in the first 12-24 hours before they knew the extent of the damage. It obviously was not that bad as Cook as out there going through wamups last night but obviously not good enough play.

There have been plenty of message board speculation/rumors that turned out to be true. Beathard injured in camp prior to the 2016 season. True. Pemsl season-ending surgery. True.

Of course everything has to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt. In this case, I'm very happy the board speculation was wrong.

8yuM.gif

I really hope people are paying attention to what went down over the last 8 days.

Tyler Cook twisted his ankle in the Jan 12, 2019 game vs Ohio State. Soon, in the postgame interviews, Fran said that it appeared sprained. Jordan Bohannon said that "he'll be fine." NO ONE in the Iowa program used the word "surgery" when it came to Cook's injured / sprained ankle.

Nevertheless, Legend made SEVERAL crazy and reckless statements regarding Cook's injury.

On Page 4:

IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that no journalist out there had reported "surgery has been suggested."

No reporter had used the word "surgery" in any Cook update.

He knows, folks! NOT!

Tyler ended up missing ONE GAME with a sprained ankle: at Penn State on Jan 16, 2019. Tyler then played on Jan 20, 2019 (home vs Illinois), where he finished with 7 points and 7 rebounds in 28 minutes. NOT BAD FOR AN ANKLE WHERE LEGEND SAID SURGERY HAS BEEN SUGGESTED, HUH?

I don’t think 2-4 games would constitute an “extended period of time” as that’s pretty normal for a bad sprain. I talked to someone in the basketball program yesterday who said surgery was a possibility and others in the know were wondering if he’d be back in the next 8-10 games. I’d be shocked and way excited if he ends up missing anything less than 2-3 games because the roster is getting pretty damn thin at this point.

See post 175, where I quoted him several times.

Legend was speculating Cook would miss 8-10 games (his exact words). He missed one.

Legend said Cook is looking at having to have surgery (his exact words). Far from it.

He was wrong on everything in this thread but he won't admit it. And you know why? in his mind, he is never wrong.

He was reckless in his posts in this thread but he won't admit it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT