ADVERTISEMENT

Fran, the 1st half 2 foul rule and Sandfort

Sandfort hits a 3 and then picks up his 2nd foul and sits (he ended up with 3 fouls, the last one intentional.)
It's too bad he wasn't left in to see if he could get on a roll to finish the half, which just might have led to a game winner.

He's not money, he's streaky, but he's neither sitting.
How dare you question Fran!

Sandfort hits a 3 and then picks up his 2nd foul and sits (he ended up with 3 fouls, the last one intentional.)
It's too bad he wasn't left in to see if he could get on a roll to finish the half, which just might have led to a game winner.

He's not money, he's streaky, but he's neither sitting.
That isn't why we lost and he played the last 12 min and I don't recall him scoring?!

Has he ever had to explain this ridiculous rule, especially under the circumstances described above? It is safe to say that Sandfort was key to that winning streak, and they can’t afford to not have his offense out there.
Iowa's recruiting and team chemistry failures are key to their losing games this season........

And yes, the 2 foul rule needs to die.

Just dumb.
I agree that Iowa's opponents choosing not to lose to Iowa is dumb.

Maybe you should do something about it, being the teacher authority figure that you are..........

Scold those little f***ers so that they never make that mistake again.

That's the ticket to a national championship!! :D

Reactions: 83Hawk
Has he ever had to explain this ridiculous rule, especially under the circumstances described above? It is safe to say that Sandfort was key to that winning streak, and they can’t afford to not have his offense out there.
Once agin, Sandfort plays like the 2nd coming of Larry Bird and The only coach in the league that can stop Sandfort is Fran,

He had the 2 fouls, but he also had a couple bad defensive possessions in a row right before that too. He is really bad at the rotations when they start switching. One play he didn't rotate into the corner and gave up a wide open 3. Next possession he was late yet again which lead to him sprinting to close out and then getting blown by on a drive. He's not alone in his bad defense, but he deserved to get pulled at that time--even if he did hit a nice 3.

Reactions: chuck285 and NAVO
I agree that Iowa's opponents choosing not to lose to Iowa is dumb.

Maybe you should do something about it, being the teacher authority figure that you are..........

Scold those little f***ers so that they never make that mistake again.

That's the ticket to a national championship!! :D
Jeez did u just see me rolling off your wife. Your stupidity is only surpassed by Fran’s 2 foul rule.
Or are u only the truth?

Once agin, Sandfort plays like the 2nd coming of Larry Bird and The only coach in the league that can stop Sandfort is Fran,
He was 2-7 fg and 1-5 from 3. Kris had a bad night for him and still shot 10 pct points better than PS, hot take there

Missed a lot of bunnies inside early, a bit more cushion would have been nice.

Nice effort - can’t get too mad really at anything. Sandforts blanks at the end made me swear a bit but not holding a grudge.

Sandfort played the last 12 minutes of game and didn't score while missing 2 wide open 3s to win game. I'll go easy on you tonight these facts were enough
Facts are that this thread is about the foul rule not sanforts last two shots. He played 14 minutes had 5 points and 3 boards. He sat After hitting a three who knows what happens if he stays. Maybe he hits more maybe we don’t have to play the starters more minutes than they are used to. Maybe ulis hits his free throws because he’s at a normal work load.
But please defend Fran’s two foul rule especially for a sub.

Facts are that this thread is about the foul rule not sanforts last two shots. He played 14 minutes had 5 points and 3 boards. He sat After hitting a three who knows what happens if he stays. Maybe he hits more maybe we don’t have to play the starters more minutes than they are used to. Maybe ulis hits his free throws because he’s at a normal work load.
But please defend Fran’s two foul rule especially for a sub.
Frans 2 foul absolutely had NO impact tonight, none. Reliable free throw shooters missing free throws sure as heck did.

Fran logic: you must bench someone to prevent them from fouling out and going to... the bench.

Nice to see all the threads about Fran when we lose. Not much said about the piss poor free throw shooting by FRAN?

Jeez did u just see me rolling off your wife. Your stupidity is only surpassed by Fran’s 2 foul rule.
Or are u only the truth?
Considering that I have no wife that you speak of, and that Fran's 2 foul rule is in fact stupid.......I'm gonna have to go with door #3.

I am the truth. :cool:

At least Conner is already in post season form where it's even money if he will have more points or fouls and turnovers.

Frans 2 foul absolutely had NO impact tonight, none. Reliable free throw shooters missing free throws sure as heck did.
this 2nd half is very similar to the EIU wind half when Fran also Decided to make no substitutions

in EIU game despite getting run out of the gym, Fran let 3 players go all 20 and 2 starters go +15, resulting in poor defesne, poor shooting

in EIU game 1st half bench contributes 20min IOWA up comfortably
in EIU gsme and half bench contributes 8 minutes, (only for w starters)

same results, tired legs means poor shooting from field and line, and poor defense

every other coach in aMerica realizes this

this loss is a hallmark blunder of Frans in 2023

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
One last thing regarding Fran's use of Sandfort.
Why not insert him for the last play of the half. He may not have taken the shot or had the play run for him, but he would have helped spread the floor, would have gotten the defense's attention. Chances are good he wouldn't have picked up an offensive foul.

As I remember, we didn't get a shot off.

And the first time someone gets their 3rd foul with 4 minutes left in the first half, holy hell will break out from the same crowd

Reactions: chuck285
It’s one of the dumbest things that I’ve ever seen in all of my years watching b-ball.

Especially because people that get benched with 2 fouls usually end the game with 2 fouls. Maybe 3.

I’d rather have players sit for fouling out rather than sitting for fear of fouling out.
Yep,you just handcuff yourself. Saving them for the end of the game when the game has already been lost.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I really think (IMO) players being benched with two fouls and sitting extended minutes/the rest of the half also really takes them emotionally out of the flow of the game. I do agree with removing a player with two fouls for a while to calm the player.

I watch a lot of college games and usually (not always true) said player never really gets back in the flow of the game and is more or less a non-factor the rest of the game. JMO

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
And the first time someone gets their 3rd foul with 4 minutes left in the first half, holy hell will break out from the same crowd
hows a sub going to pick up their 3rd in the first 4 minutes when fran doesn't usually sub until the 12 min mark.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT