ADVERTISEMENT

France's dirty little culinary secret . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Those wantofbee snobs really love them some bad American fast food.

Leading the pack is McDonald’s. After the United States, France is the chain’s most profitable country, with more than 6 billion euros ($6.5 billion) in sales from over 1,500 restaurants in 2022. France is also the second-biggest market for Burger King, with €1.2 billion in revenue last year.

“France is an El Dorado for American fast-food brands,” said Xavier Expilly, a consultant who helped oversee the French openings of Burger King, Five Guys and others. “Habits are shifting — people are eating faster than before, and they want a different experience,” he noted. “The American chains know how to respond to that need perfectly.”

The French McDonalds ain't the US McDonalds.

Best McDonalds I ever went to was near Verdun France.

I went to McDonald's in France and discovered how the US is doing it all wrong​

no wonder their waiters are reputedly obnoxious to americans. our peasant food kicks their uppity asses :)

When in doubt with French food, more butter. Chopped taught me that throughout the years.

When in doubt with French food, more butter. Chopped taught me that throughout the years.
Before the butter, reduce the volume. Concentrate those flavors before you soften them with butter.
Don’t take lessons from lame TV contest shows. They’re all fake.

img_0564.png

McD's are all over Italy. Needless to say, I didn't go in one, so I can't tell you what it was like.

KFC's are also popular there.
I used to travel to China for work from about 2004 to 2012. I couldn't believe the number of KFC's over there. I'll never forget the time one of my colleagues took me there thinking it was this huge treat. That said, it didn't taste too bad after a week of the local delicacies.

Most disappointing McDonald's experience ever? India. They serve a phucking hashbrown on a bun over there. This proved to me that there is actual cow meat in McDonald's burgers (sorry @GOHOX69)

Most surprising McDonald's experience ever. Same as you - France - but it was in Versailles. That pommes frite sauce is the shit. Had some special burger with a stinky cheese on it and it was delicious.

I figured for sure that the OP's dirty little secret was they never wash their hands before prepping meals

Most disappointing McDonald's experience ever? India. They serve a phucking hashbrown on a bun over there. This proved to me that there is actual cow meat in McDonald's burgers (sorry @GOHOX69)

Most surprising McDonald's experience ever. Same as you - France - but it was in Versailles. That pommes frite sauce is the shit. Had some special burger with a stinky cheese on it and it was delicious.
If you're eating McDonald's in India, I feel sorry for you. There are much better options for dining. I took my lab to Barcelona once and the morons ate at bk. Pretty much told me everything I needed to know about their cultural awareness. So, no offense taken.

If you're eating McDonald's in India, I feel sorry for you. There are much better options for dining. I took my lab to Barcelona once and the morons ate at bk. Pretty much told me everything I needed to know about their cultural awareness. So, no offense taken.

It was that or some really sketch place down the way still open at the airport. With 16 hours locked in a cigar tube - I went with what I knew. My seat mate and the people around the bathroom in row 60-whatever owe me. Big time.

Reactions: GOHOX69

While living in Dublin I would take the kids to McDonald’s from time to time. Way better quality there. To this day the kids won’t eat at a US one because they suck compared to what they were introduced to living there

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT