ADVERTISEMENT

Freddy's v B-Bop's

Freddy's v B-Bop's

• Total voters

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
So I've never had either place and will be down in Grimes for work today. I see they have both right by the office and decided it's time to try one of the two for lunch. Which is your favorite, GIAOT? It's a split decision between my friends that have had both.

A little something for your troubles
Sexy+Nina+Agdal+Carl%27s+Jr..jpg

attractive-shirtless-guy-holding-a-hamburger.jpg

So I've never had either place and will be down in Grimes for work today. I see they have both right by the office and decided it's time to try one of the two for lunch. Which is your favorite, GIAOT? It's a split decision between my friends that have had both.

A little something for your troubles
Sexy+Nina+Agdal+Carl%27s+Jr..jpg

attractive-shirtless-guy-holding-a-hamburger.jpg
I've never had either but if I had to choose I would go with BBops, based upon word of mouth.

Reactions: EagleHawk
Bbop is the closest thing you will get to a Whataburger. I just get a burger, nothing else.

Freddie’s is just Culver’s with skinny fries.

Bbop is the closest thing you will get to a Whataburger. I just get a burger, nothing else.

I thought Freddy's was a smash burger place with thin charred patties, and that B-Bops was like Culvers with a thicker patty?

Reactions: Hawked

After looking at pictures, you are right. Culver's looks more like Freddy's than BBops. BBops looks more like a burger you would get a sit down restaurant.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017

Well shit. Was leaning Freddy's, but I think Culver's is extremely overrated, so unless an extremely compelling argument for Freddys comes in it will be B-Bop's.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
I've only eaten at Freddy's. I've never been to B-bops. Freddy's reminds me of Steak & Shake, especially with those super-skinny fries (not a fan). Freddy's shakes and ice cream/custard is better. It's pretty good, but nothing great. The restaurants are clean and your food will be hot.

I'd choose B-bops, thinking it wouldn't be too hard to top Freddy's.

I've only eaten at Freddy's. I've never been to B-bops. Freddy's reminds me of Steak & Shake, especially with those super-skinny fries (not a fan). Freddy's shakes and ice cream/custard is better. It's pretty good, but nothing great. The restaurants are clean and your food will be hot.

I'd choose B-bops, thinking it wouldn't be too hard to top Freddy's.
I have had Steak & Shake, and the pictures of Freddy's burgers had me immediately think of the comparison you made.

Reactions: cfbfan23
Never had b-bops. Heck, I’ve never even heard of it. But I am a big fan of Freddy’s. Best fast food burger out there.

I don’t love their shoe string fries though.

Freddy’s burgers are fine, but Culver’s blows them away.

So, if you think Culver’s is overrated (grounds for Fight Broiler, if we’re being honest), then I highly doubt Freddy’s is going to do it for you.

Twas a sad day when BBops left Cedar Rapids. Freddy’s is ok so you should be good with either choice. If you are asking, you aren’t looking for gourmet.

Freddy’s burgers are fine, but Culver’s blows them away.

So, if you think Culver’s is overrated (grounds for Fight Broiler, if we’re being honest), then I highly doubt Freddy’s is going to do it for you.
Well, now I might have to go to Freddys so I can tell u how much better it is than Culver's trash burger.

• Wow
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Either are good options. Me personally I am a Freddy’s guy.

Freddy’s is essentially Steak ‘n Shake. Bbops is Whataburger.

Well, now I might have to go to Freddys so I can tell u how much better it is than Culver's trash burger.

I think freddys have the best fast food onion rings. Not a fan of their skinny fries but the rings have me choosing freddys more often lately.

I'll add a side note, this will just be a burger. No fries or sides, which is why I'm avoiding a sit down restaurant. Not need to pay $18 for just a burger or $20+ if I sub a side salad. Also, why the F does it cost $2-$4 to sub a side salad thats a little lettuce and cheese for fries? Seems absurd.

Either I’m eating at the best Culver’s on the planet, or the worst Freddy’s on the planet, but I can’t agree with the notion that Freddy’s burgers are better.

there was a b-bops in san marcos but it might be closed, haven't seen the ads lately. it was good. freddy's has gone down hill lately, still pretty good. steak n shake is similar to freddy's but steak n shake hit the road and went bankrupt. edit- I looked it up and that thing in san marcos tx was not the same as b-bops in iowa. it was more of a 50's style diner rather than fast food. it might have had a similar name to it.

Last edited:
Ordered Freddy's original double. $7 and blew Culver's out of the water. Really good fast food burger option IMO. It's better than the usual suspects and cheaper then 5 Guys (which is better). And as a bonus, I nabbed some of the delicious looking fry salt to take home and use.

Ordered Freddy's original double. $7 and blew Culver's out of the water. Really good fast food burger option IMO. It's better than the usual suspects and cheaper then 5 Guys (which is better). And as a bonus, I nabbed some of the delicious looking fry salt to take home and use.

robert-downey-jr-iron-man.gif

I have just recently discovered “In/Out Burger”…….El Supremo as far as any chain is concerned….their fries are a little concerning but their burgers and malts……Top Notch!
There are none very close to Iowa though…….
B-Bops would get my Ioway vote…..
I think “What-A-Burger” might deserve a mention…..their “Dr. Pepper Shakes” are to die for! Decent burger, too…..

B Bops went broke in the Coral Ridge mall as well.

Don't say bad things about Culvers or @torbee will put you in your place ;)

Freddy's is quite good, but it is comical to say it is better than Culver's.

I thought this thread was about a new Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Leaving disappointed... and hungry.

I'll add a side note, this will just be a burger. No fries or sides, which is why I'm avoiding a sit down restaurant. Not need to pay $18 for just a burger or $20+ if I sub a side salad. Also, why the F does it cost $2-$4 to sub a side salad thats a little lettuce and cheese for fries? Seems absurd.
One of each is the correct answer in this case. You will settle the issue for yourself.

Crazy times. F’ing stand on top of a burger squeezing the shit out of it and people will masturbate over the quality.

A super thin crusty burger use to be called shit back in the day.

And get the hell of my lawn!!

Freddy's is quite good, but it is comical to say it is better than Culver's.
Are you and I the crazy ones here??

That’s a rhetorical question, obviously we are alone on Correct Island. Eating fresher, tastier, juicier burgers that aren’t oversalted and made with better beef.

FIGHT BROILER IS NOW IN SESSION.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT