ADVERTISEMENT

Free Radio Broadcasts?

IBurnEasy

Rookie
Nov 11, 2020
I’m going to be putting in some windshield time out of state the next couple weeks. Is there a way to listen to the basketball game radio broadcasts for free?

TheVarsityNetwork app streams every radio broadcast of several teams for several sports. Iowa is one of them. It's great to have during football season if you like to keep up with other Big Ten teams and you travel a lot. I think it's any broadcast that's part of Learfield Sports.

I’m going to be putting in some windshield time out of state the next couple weeks. Is there a way to listen to the basketball game radio broadcasts for free?

2 free options:

(1) YouTube Link:

When the pregame show has started or any time from there until the start of the game (basketball, football, etc), go to YouTube.com

Under Search, type Iowa Hawkeyes; hit enter

Click on Iowa Hawkeyes

Look for the "LIVE" in red & "BB: Iowa vs Northwestern." Click on this link to listen to the pregame show, the game, and the postgame show.

(2) Varsity Network app:

For any Learfield game broadcast, you can listen to the pregame show, the game & the postgame show for free.

The steps:

* Download "The Varsity Network" app.

* For iPhone users, GO HERE:

* For Android users, GO HERE:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sidearmsports.varsitynetwork.audio&hl=en_US&gl=US

* Set up your account

* Simply select "The University of Iowa" as the school you want to listen to.

* Under Upcoming streams you will see links for the games.

* If Learfield is broadcasting the show or game (football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, Hawk Talk with Kirk, Fran, or Lisa, etc), you can listen here.

* This is app only (the Varsity Network does not have a website to go to and listen).

* There are ON DEMAND podcasts; check that tab out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT