ADVERTISEMENT

How many times have you seen....

uiowa08

HR Legend
Sep 18, 2004
Free throws decide a game in the last 5-10 seconds. It actually happens A LOT. I could probably go through the men's and women's college games played this year and find a couple hundred examples. Fouls are called all the time in the final 10 seconds. An egregious moving screen removing the primary defender from the play is not different than fouling the ball handler. Both affect the game.

I believe the rules apply for the full 40 minutes of the game. Just because a team can try for a buzzer beater doesn't mean rules don't exist. The argument seems to be more for people that want to cast the rules aside for a dopamine hit, those junkies were denied.

Free throws decide a game in the last 5-10 seconds. It actually happens A LOT. I could probably go through the men's and women's college games played this year and find a couple hundred examples. Fouls are called all the time in the final 10 seconds. An egregious moving screen removing the primary defender from the play is not different than fouling the ball handler. Both affect the game.
Yeah, BUT this was the final 4 and for going to the national Championship game. ;>)

Reactions: Moral

You know…that’s a great point. Again, I like to think I’m a deep thinker, but I didn’t even think about that…

There are plenty in history.

That really seems to be the issue for these people; shooting foul is a must call, off-ball foul is a must no-call.

That really seems to be the issue for these people; shooting foul is a must call, off-ball foul is a must no-call.
If it's way off the ball and doesn't affect the action I can see that. But Gabby was about to trap Bueckers in the corner with Clark and Stuelke. The screen took her out of the play and provided Bueckers with an Ill-gotten advantage.

I strongly suspect Geno, left to his own devices in his spare time, toils away in a damp and cobweb filled basement creating Rube Goldberg machines while laughing maniacally.

Holy crap that last play was a lot of moving and unnecessary parts!

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT