ADVERTISEMENT

Free seats for fatties on Southwest!

How does GIAHORT feel about this?
One of the last good reasons to entice the unhealthy to get healthy. A few weeks ago we attended a Houston Texans game and two rows down from me was a row of 6 dudes; all pushing close to 300lbs each. They looked so uncomfortable all smooshed up next to each other. On the way home from my son's soccer match on Sunday we passed a Smart car with a 300lb+ couple squeezed inside it. I seriously don't know how the got in it and it looked miserable. Like 10lbs of sausage stuffed in a 1qt zip lock.

Fairness to who? You? Practically no 2 people in a flight paid the same price for their seats with just the way airlines are constantly changing the pricing on a seat. How is it fair to the person who bought their seat early to have to pay more for a flight than the person who bought it later but the price dropped because the flight wasn't selling as quickly as expected? The airline is the only entity that is losing money on this and they are seemingly okay with it.
Counterpoint: someone getting 2 seats takes an opportunity away from someone on standby.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT