ADVERTISEMENT

Friday night drinking thread

Well I’ve started with two fabulous manhattans from Morty, the bartender at bistro on main, and have pivoted to a Pauliner marzen fest bier.

So pretty much no place to go but down. Except perhaps a Sambuca.

Last edited:
What do we have going tonight? I’m drinking some Powers Irish Whiskey I brought back from Dublin at the moment. Switching to a Pinot Noir for dinner.
Started with a vodka soda, then a miller lite with dinner, popping a gummy promptly to settle in with the fever and the eagles/packers, with cool crispy air flooding into the windows. ‘‘Twas a very a good night.

Reactions: runkpanole
I'll be done working here in about an hour and then cracking this open. Won a bourbon raffle last weekend/csb
09a99b_49857e83d47648bf875dbe139e1033fd~mv2.jpg

Reactions: McLovin32
Definitely interested in a full report. My local place is this, which is damn good.

I can certainly report back. Single Malts are great. And I've heard of that distillery before but never had the chance to try anything from them.

Bout to head to a neighborhood brewery in Minneapolis. I'll probably get shot, run over by a car, the building will probably get torched while we're there, and the national guard will show up two days later

I can certainly report back. Single Malts are great. And I've heard of that distillery before but never had the chance to try anything from them.
Courage and conviction (base model) is great. Interesting thing is they age in ambient temperature, with all of its Shenandoah valley range, which apparently seems to allow them to shorten the inventory/production turn.

Shocking re American single malt how you know instantly you’re drinking “scotch”, yet the finish is just so much “easier” in a bourbon sense. It may well become my favorite form of whiskey.

Reactions: McLovin32
The Pinot Noir was fantastic. I’m trying to decide if I’m brave enough to open another bottle and risk the wrath of my no pic wife?!?!

Friday? That means martinis. So tonight it's a dry, triple Bombay Sapphire. Stirred, not shaken with 3 large olives. (apologies to 007)
Had you asked last night the answer would be scotch whisky. I'm a rube though, Glenfiddich is good enough for my uneducated palate.
Cabernet for the Mrs. no matter what night.

Busch Light...I was inspired by someone here saying it goes down easier than other light swill. I also happened to find a 6-pack of pints when I rarely see less than a case for sale. That was just the opener for some von Trapp Oktoberfests though.

I don't know where else to post this - I'm comforted that both BYU and SMU have very Iowaesque scorelines in their game going right now.

Busch Light...I was inspired by someone here saying it goes down easier than other light swill. I also happened to find a 6-pack of pints when I rarely see less than a case for sale. That was just the opener for some von Trapp Oktoberfests though.

I don't know where else to post this - I'm comforted that both BYU and SMU have very Iowaesque scorelines in their game going right now.
Not my cup of beer, but I’m not here to judge. Slántie!

Went to Spring Grove Minnesota, they have a new brewery/restaurant Fat Pat’s and had their hazy IPA, it was good. They accidentally poured us a Mexican Lager which was also good, like most free beer. Got some weed drinks and some Bent Paddle Cosmic Lounge Paddle Hazy IPA and did some gravel travel on the way home. Currently watching the GB vs Philly game hoping to see some former Hawks ball out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT