ADVERTISEMENT

FRL today re: Teasdale

Reymundo

HR All-State
Oct 22, 2002
C P stated multiple times that Teasdale is not able to wrestle for Iowa first semester and would have to wrestle unattached. Another great job of investigative reporting by Flo?

C P stated multiple times that Teasdale is not able to wrestle for Iowa first semester and would have to wrestle unattached. Another great job of investigative reporting by Flo?
If true, this sounds like a screw job. Either the ncaa or psu is behind this beauty. Wasn’t it in January that GT was officially released? Seems like a hybrid cross between the 1 year transfer rule and the full release because he didn’t actually wrestle a match but they still want to punish the big to big transfer. And they aren’t taking the whole season because he didn’t hit the mat? What do I know...let me go begrudgingly listen to frl and see what a couple buddies have to say. This is doo doo.

the whole transfer process is a joke anymore...some kids get punished for transferring then others (micic, suriano, storr...pry many others im forgetting) are not having to sit out any time from going to program to program. They should allow a 1 time transfer without penalty (no matter what conference you are in) and then anything after that is a year unless you are a grad transfer.

If true, this sounds like a screw job. Either the ncaa or psu is behind this beauty. Wasn’t it in January that GT was officially released? Seems like a hybrid cross between the 1 year transfer rule and the full release because he didn’t actually wrestle a match but they still want to punish the big to big transfer. And they aren’t taking the whole season because he didn’t hit the mat? What do I know...let me go begrudgingly listen to frl and see what a couple buddies have to say. This is doo doo.
You might need to take off the tinfoil hat. There is no screw job by anyone here. Teasdale was enrolled at PSU last year and had to withdraw once and maybe even twice. If I were to bet, Gavin needs to get some academic stuff in place from withdrawing. If he does that he'll be fine and ready to go second semester.

This isn’t as terrible as it could be. If true, he’ll miss: UT Chattanooga, ISU, Wisconsin, & Princeton.
He can wrestle Midlands unattached and I’m sure they’ll find 1-2 more opens he can go to in November/December.

For those 4 duals he’ll miss, we have VERY capable backups if DeSanto goes 133 OR 141 (Murin, Turk, Glynn, Happel)

This isn’t as terrible as it could be. If true, he’ll miss: UT Chattanooga, ISU, Wisconsin, & Princeton.
He can wrestle Midlands unattached and I’m sure they’ll find 1-2 more opens he can go to in November/December.

For those 4 duals he’ll miss, we have VERY capable backups if DeSanto goes 133 OR 141 (Murin, Turk, Glynn, Happel)
Isn't Turk heading to 149? I thought heard/read somewhere that he was bumping up.

Isn't Turk heading to 149? I thought heard/read somewhere that he was bumping up.
Could be. My point is for the two big matches in that stretch (ISU & Wisconsin), we should be able to hold our own without him in there. All 4 guys mentioned have been in the starting lineup and all have wins over ranked guys

I guess I've never considered he would be eligible before January.

There are rules in place. He left prior to 2nd semester, therefore the rules say he can't participate until 2nd semester this year. Any exemption must be applied for and approved. Pretty straightforward. Has he/Iowa attempted to get a waiver? Given his personal and potentially academic challenges, this may not have happened.

No reason to be on a high horse about PSU. Iowa is guilty of not granting full releases in the past, and it wasn't even on a transfer to a fellow B1G or NCAA title contender. It took threats to get Iowa to move on the release.

Is it a wrestling or academics issue? Has he been admitted to Iowa and is he enrolled in classes already?
serious questions.

I don't think there's a screw job going on here. If anything GT may have "screwed" himself out of a semester of competition.

You can read through the transfer guide right here if you wish: http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/want-transfer

It seems that if he could've completed a full academic year at PSU he may have been eligible for a transfer exception (pages 14 & 15). But I honestly don't know, that's just what I'm gathering from the guidebook.

And according to the roster he's a redshirt freshman this year, which unfortunately, but honestly, makes sense. Who knows, perhaps he can still apply for a medical waiver down the road and still get some eligibility back. But if he goes that route, and it's even an option, I can't see how he would compete this year at all.

If I'm wrong on anything or my blind speculation is way off please chime in. I feel like we're all learning as we go.

I guess I've never considered he would be eligible before January.

There are rules in place. He left prior to 2nd semester, therefore the rules say he can't participate until 2nd semester this year. Any exemption must be applied for and approved. Pretty straightforward. Has he/Iowa attempted to get a waiver? Given his personal and potentially academic challenges, this may not have happened.

No reason to be on a high horse about PSU. Iowa is guilty of not granting full releases in the past, and it wasn't even on a transfer to a fellow B1G or NCAA title contender. It took threats to get Iowa to move on the release.
I get all of that. And excuse my ignorance, if I am in fact ignorant on the subject, but if suriano and others have been able to compete the following year without a setback, I think a kid who didn’t wrestle one match attached or unattached deserves the same. So, like I said, it’s either the ncaa or psu that would allow suriano to compete but hinder Teasdale. Perhaps you’re correct and nobody applied or fought hard for it but why wouldn’t they? Another thing I have questions about is the redshirt...if he is indeed a redshirt freshman as it appears, and he gets that back, I have no problem with the shenanigans and loopholes at least with regard to GT. I don’t know the transfer rules fluently but when I look at other recent ones I decide fair vs unfair in my tiny brain. And I despise psu and daton fix because of their fans (Flo). So, take what I have to say about them and just about everything else, with a grain of salt.

I don't think there's a screw job going on here. If anything GT may have "screwed" himself out of a semester of competition.

You can read through the transfer guide right here if you wish: http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/want-transfer

It seems that if he could've completed a full academic year at PSU he may have been eligible for a transfer exception (pages 14 & 15). But I honestly don't know, that's just what I'm gathering from the guidebook.

And according to the roster he's a redshirt freshman this year, which unfortunately, but honestly, makes sense. Who knows, perhaps he can still apply for a medical waiver down the road and still get some eligibility back. But if he goes that route, and it's even an option, I can't see how he would compete this year at all.

If I'm wrong on anything or my blind speculation is way off please chime in. I feel like we're all learning as we go.
I will check it out and see if I can make any sense of it. I’ll admit it’s easy to blame psu and the NCAA but in reality, it’s definitely the rules set in place that are messed up and/or psu didn’t grant the full release. Which is what it is. I just don’t like it and I don’t like penn state. I have to blame someone haha. Sue me.

I will check it out and see if I can make any sense of it. I’ll admit it’s easy to blame psu and the NCAA but in reality, it’s definitely the rules set in place that are messed up and/or psu didn’t grant the full release. Which is what it is. I just don’t like it and I don’t like penn state. I have to blame someone haha. Sue me.

Very strong intellectual argument.

At least your honest.

Very strong intellectual argument.

At least your honest.
In an attempt to raise many of us out of cess pool mentality: although, I am sure most of us enjoy being cesspool dwellers, I am going to show the importance of correct punctuation! Hopefully, its influence will carry over to the correct use of your and you're - among other things.
A woman without her man, is useless.
A woman: without her, man is useless
Punctuation matters!

Seriously, you guys -- dunke does that on purpose. And I'm pretty sure it is inspired by this board.

Reactions: dunkej01
I don’t see the negative impact of this - plenty of unattached opportunities early in season and also can wrestle unattached at midlands....big tens don’t get going til after midlands - second semester. Am I missing somethjng?

In an attempt to raise many of us out of cess pool mentality: although, I am sure most of us enjoy being cesspool dwellers, I am going to show the importance of correct punctuation! Hopefully, its influence will carry over to the correct use of your and you're - among other things.
Punctuation matters!

I think we should set our goals on knowing the difference between duel and dual.

Pardon impossible, to be sent to Siberia.
Pardon, impossible to be sent to Siberia.

I don’t see the negative impact of this - plenty of unattached opportunities early in season and also can wrestle unattached at midlands....big tens don’t get going til after midlands - second semester. Am I missing somethjng?

Biggest problem? That means if GT is as good as advertised, he beats out AD for the spot. And then AD can't use his redshirt. This situation sucks.

Biggest problem? That means if GT is as good as advertised, he beats out AD for the spot. And then AD can't use his redshirt. This situation sucks.

It sucks only if DeSanto wouldn't then be the highest potential point-scorer at 141 (and thus sits 2nd semester). I'm guessing that isn't the case.

Still sucks because he loses a year of NCAA competition.

I don't follow. Are you saying a bump-up to 141 would be a lost (wasted) year for him? Short of him saying so himself, I just wouldn't view it that way, especially if the move is making the team stronger.

If he wrestles attached, is replaced by Teasdale, and then is a backup the rest of the season, then I agree with you.

I don't follow. Are you saying a bump-up to 141 would be a lost (wasted) year for him? Short of him saying so himself, I just wouldn't view it that way, especially if the move is making the team stronger.

If he wrestles attached, is replaced by Teasdale, and then is a backup the rest of the season, then I agree with you.

In this hypothetical situation, someone is losing a year (Teas moves in at 133 after 1st semester).

Desanto has a redshirt to use, but won't be able to use it after the 1st semester. and the loser of either Murin/Desanto loses a year of NCAA competition.

Punctuation matters!

Let's eat, kids!

Let's eat kids!

Punctuation saves lives

In this hypothetical situation, someone is losing a year (Teas moves in at 133 after 1st semester).

Desanto has a redshirt to use, but won't be able to use it after the 1st semester. and the loser of either Murin/Desanto loses a year of NCAA competition.

But Murin doesn't have a shirt to use. If he sits because he is beat out for a spot, that isn't any different from anyone else "losing" a year of competition because they were beat out. Teasdale not being eligible until 2nd semester can hurt only if ADS wrestles attached and then sits because he can't stay in the lineup.

You've got 3 guys hypothetically vying for 2 spots. Only one (ADS) has a shirt to use. If there really is concern that he might be out of the lineup come 2nd semester, then don't wrestle him attached 1st semester. The situation "sucking" seems really easy to work
around, while still putting the best team on the mat during the 2nd half and being fair to all involved. Otherwise, your point would seem to suggest the team would have been better off not accepting Teasdale.

Reactions: TarpHawk

With the redshirt rules could DeSanto wrestle the first four dual meets then Midlands as unattached and still use redshirt if he wants? I know that applies in football for first four games and thought this is applicable in wrestling as well? Am I wrong?

With the redshirt rules could DeSanto wrestle the first four dual meets then Midlands as unattached and still use redshirt if he wants? I know that applies in football for first four games and thought this is applicable in wrestling as well? Am I wrong?
Nope can't do it in wrestling.1 dual and redshirt is pulled

Reactions: shobart

Desanto could be planning on redshirt until big ten season he just couldn't wrestle any duals like Iowa State. Glenn would do just fine in interim.

Reactions: shobart
its been proven out East here...that if you cant win a starting spot or may have been banged up somewhere along your way... you just apply for your 6th or whatever year you need and the NCAA will grant it because you are deserving of a fair chance...and soon you will see men who don't win in male sports change to women's sports and dominate those ones....and yes i know it has already started that way...because ...everyone deserves a fair chance.. According toe the NCAA.....unless you happen to be a natural born female competing against one of these trans gender athletes.... then i wonder what did they do to deserve being physically over matched for the sake of fairness ???

Reactions: 24 so far
Simply put, once you enroll the clock starts ticking... You must complete enough credit hours each semester to remain eligible... He probably has not done that. Besides, who cares? If he is eligible 2nd semester, that is all that matters. Nobody ever won an NCAA title in December.

Reactions: rassling
its been proven out East here...that if you cant win a starting spot or may have been banged up somewhere along your way... you just apply for your 6th or whatever year you need and the NCAA will grant it because you are deserving of a fair chance...and soon you will see men who don't win in male sports change to women's sports and dominate those ones....and yes i know it has already started that way...because ...everyone deserves a fair chance.. According toe the NCAA.....unless you happen to be a natural born female competing against one of these trans gender athletes.... then i wonder what did they do to deserve being physically over matched for the sake of fairness ???

One thing to think this stuff, another to post it. Wow.

so Slushhead ...meaning no disrespect , have you seen any of the articles where females are already crying foul over the results of allowing this to happen in their sports? Is it really fair to them? we eliminate all Performance Enhancing drugs and test for everything under the sun....and yet allowing transgenders to compete is really fair to these females? I have no problem with people choosing their lifestyles...Hell i have a hard enough time living my own life , let alone live someone else's for them. this was meant as a serious point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT