ADVERTISEMENT

Frozen embryos are children, Ala. high court says in unprecedented ruling

Criminals forfeited their privilege to vote when they decided to become a criminal.
We can codify it that way - some states explicitly have, others explicitly have not - but there's no logical or necessary link.

I oppose denying the vote to criminals. With the possible exception of people who commit election or voting crimes, that punishment simply doesn't fit the crime. Moreover, our laws mostly prescribe fines or prison time and such as penalties, not the loss of the constitutional right to vote.

People should be able to vote while in jail, imo. I have never heard a good reason against that.

According to our constitution, you have to be a citizen of an appropriate age to vote in federal elections; those restraints are permitted but not required in other elections. Those are all the limits we need, if any.

“The People of Alabama have declared the public policy of this State to be that unborn human life is sacred,” Chief Justice Tom Parker wrote in his concurring opinion. “We believe that each human being, from the moment of conception, is made in the image of God, created by Him to reflect His likeness.”

This religiously centered psycho babble from a State Chief Justice's opinion is all you need to really know how phucked up many of our court systems actually are. Parker should have been forcibly removed from the bench yesterday IMO. Just unbelievable.

UAB health systems have put IVF procedures on hold for now. How does harming people who want to be parents advance the cause?
https://apnews.com/article/alabama-frozen-embryos-pause-4cf5d3139e1a6cbc62bc5ad9946cc1b8
Soon there will be no ob/gyns in any red state. They're already leaving in droves

Reactions: auntie_fah
According to Alabama my first wife is a murderer because she ****ed around after IVF, and had a miscarriage.

I'll allow it

670b0ff54685c365.jpg

She sure does suck at this. It's like the slavery question.
That she does. It’s like she’s afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings and can’t make a decision of her own. Not sure how well that’s going to work out for her.

It’s really to bad that artificial insemination worked for her and her husband and she didn’t have to reach the point of using IVF. It would be nice to have an opinion from someone that actually went through the process and knows the struggles before this stupid law went into effect.

Last edited:
That she does. It’s like she’s afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings and can’t make a decision of her own. Not sure how well that’s going to work out for her.

It’s really to bad that artificial insemination worker for her and her husband and she didn’t have to reach the point of using IVF. It would be nice to have an opinion from someone that actually went through the process and knows the struggles before this stupid law went into effect.
I thought Haley used IVF to have her son, but apparently it was artificial insemination not IVF.

It’s really to bad that artificial insemination worked for her and her husband and she didn’t have to reach the point of using IVF. It would be nice to have an opinion from someone that actually went through the process and knows the struggles before this stupid law went into effect.

It is the Badge of Honor for the GOP of today.

Zero empathy for anyone who may have walked a different path than you have. Struggling to conceive a child can be a significant stress for some couples/families. And the kicker here is that most of the ones who can afford the procedure are white and middle-class or upper-middle-class, who would vote with the very conservatives looking to ban the procedures.

It is the Badge of Honor for the GOP of today.

Zero empathy for anyone who may have walked a different path than you have. Struggling to conceive a child can be a significant stress for some couples/families. And the kicker here is that most of the ones who can afford the procedure are white and middle-class or upper-middle-class, who would vote with the very conservatives looking to ban the procedures.
Or they work at a place that pays crap but has a great health insurance plan and/or they take out a loan and hope some day Biden will make it go away.

Dude,
You didnt know that any extra payments paid on a loan could be applied to principal and thought it just got applied to future months payments
Dude,
I don’t take 20 years to pay off a student loan. When you do that, you’re not exactly paying off any principle. You’ll still pay the interest on the back end as they drag the loan out with smaller minimum payments.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I saw this thread on frozen embryos and thought I'd find cooking tips and recipes.

Should I thaw them before popping them into the air fryer?

I assume they will go well with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT