ADVERTISEMENT

Frozen embryos are children, Ala. high court says in unprecedented ruling

I tried to tell some of you folks back when Dobbs landed that the movement was just getting started. All that money and political power, and they weren't going to go away just because they got what they asked for and state's got abortion rights handed back to them. This is the stuff the clerics want. And, as with abortion, they are out of step with the rest of their party. Barry Goldwater tried to warn the Republican Party a long time ago what would happen when they handed over the keys to the fundamentalist nuts.

I tried to tell some of you folks back when Dobbs landed that the movement was just getting started. All that money and political power, and they weren't going to go away just because they got what they asked for and state's got abortion rights handed back to them. This is the stuff the clerics want. And, as with abortion, they are out of step with the rest of their party. Barry Goldwater tried to warn the Republican Party a long time ago what would happen when they handed over the keys to the fundamentalist nuts.

Now they are coming for the Pill in order to end recreational sex.

BTW she seems fun.

428634519_8061863987174301_4087506190652492999_n.jpg

It is the Badge of Honor for the GOP of today.

Zero empathy for anyone who may have walked a different path than you have. Struggling to conceive a child can be a significant stress for some couples/families. And the kicker here is that most of the ones who can afford the procedure are white and middle-class or upper-middle-class, who would vote with the very conservatives looking to ban the procedures.
Why are you having a spaz attack over something that happened in Alabama? Are you moving there?

• Haha
Reactions: auntie_fah
Republicans: if you cant take care of or afford kids, you shouldn’t have them.

Also republicans: you cant afford them or take care of them, go screw. We will make you have them

People: ok, we wont have kids

republicans: we need more kids (bonus points if they have cried about the declining birth rate in the past)

Also republicans when told that this IVF ruling could prevent people from having kids that want one: thats a hard one. We need more kids

What a ****ing retard.
It just shows that so many of these morons make decisions without actually thinking about how it effects people in this world.

If I was going through IVF in that shit hole state right now I’d be harassing the shit out of him.
It’s a stressful enough process which usually happens many years after trying other processes which means couples are getting older. Now these dipshits put that on pause for who knows how long.

Republicans: if you cant take care of or afford kids, you shouldn’t have them.

Also republicans: you cant afford them or take care of them, go screw. We will make you have them

People: ok, we wont have kids

republicans: we need more kids (bonus points if they have cried about the declining birth rate in the past)

Also republicans when told that this IVF ruling could prevent people from having kids that want one: thats a hard one. We need more kids
Everyone with a working brain (sorry for you) should consider whether they can afford children before they start popping them out.

• Haha
Reactions: auntie_fah
It's never been proven to be cited in a Sinclair Lewis publication or work, but attributed to him:

"When Fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross".

Whether or not this term or exact words can be credited to Lewis the essence of the term is resounding.

If this has been posted previously, I am repeating a significant quote

The grossest part is that the parents of these “children” do not have the right to take them. More hypocrisy. They’re kids, but sorry mom and dad, you can’t have them. Everyday I hate evangelicals more. I just saw 2 minutes ago Trump saying we need to make this a Christian country again, and people don’t even realize he’s not a Christian. He’s using them.

Never ever trust a con to do the right thing for the gals, they have no respect for them.
The last president lost a sexual assault case, then lost a defamation case against the victim, twice, and will go to trial next month for cheating on his wife with two completely different women. Rs have less than no respect for women. They have outright disdain for them.

IVF may be under assault in the post Roe world. I often asked anti abortion posters what they thought about IVF embryos and now the Alabama SC has decided they are children.

The Alabama Supreme Court ruled Friday that frozen embryos are people and someone can be held liable for destroying them, a decision that reproductive rights advocates say could imperil in vitro fertilization (IVF) and affect the hundreds of thousands of patients who depend on treatments like it each year.

The first-of-its-kind ruling comes as at least 11 states have broadly defined personhood as beginning at fertilization in their state laws, according to reproductive rights group Pregnancy Justice, and states nationwide mull additional abortion and reproductive restrictions, elevating the issue ahead of the 2024 elections. Federally, the U.S. Supreme Court will decide this term whether to limit access to an abortion drug, the first time the high court will rule on the subject since it overturned Roe v. Wade in 2022.

The Alabama case focused on whether a patient who mistakenly dropped and destroyed other couples’ frozen embryos could be held liable in a wrongful-death lawsuit. The court ruled the patient could, writing that it had long held that “unborn children are ‘children’” and that that was also true for frozen embryos, affording the fertilized eggs the same protection as babies under the Wrongful Death of a Minor Act.

I don't want this to be tl/dr so I'll post the rest of the article in subsequent posts. How do you feel about frozen IVF embryos being declared children?
Pretty soon Canada will be building a wall.

The last president lost a sexual assault case, then lost a defamation case against the victim, twice, and will go to trial next month for cheating on his wife with two completely different women. Rs have less than no respect for women. They have outright disdain for them.
Former President Donald Trump on Friday weighed in for the first time on the Alabama Supreme Court's ruling on in vitro fertilization a week ago, signaling that he opposes the decision and urging the state legislature to pass a measure to protect those services.

• Wow
Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT