ADVERTISEMENT

Gable sighting

eagles2k3

Rookie
Dec 26, 2003
So I was sitting at the Illinois bantam state championships today and in between sessions I look over at two people sitting on Hawkeye chairs. There’s an older guy sitting there and I think to myself, “that guy looks like Gable”. I keep staring and I say to myself “holy shit that’s Dan Gable!”

It ends up that he was watching his grand sons wrestle today.

Was such a nice guy to everyone that came up to him to take pictures and just chat. He started talking to my wife about King Mueller, who he recruited out of Bolingbrook high school. Pretty cool. Just seems like a normal guy who is the beat American wrestler of all time...

So I was sitting at the Illinois bantam state championships today and in between sessions I look over at two people sitting on Hawkeye chairs. There’s an older guy sitting there and I think to myself, “that guy looks like Gable”. I keep staring and I say to myself “holy shit that’s Dan Gable!”

Was such a nice guy to everyone that came up to him to take pictures and just chat. He started talking to my wife about King Mueller, who he recruited out of Bolingbrook high school. Pretty cool. Just seems like a normal guy who is the beat American wrestler of all time...

Future recruit!

King Mueller was my dorm floor counselor when I went to the intensive camp in the early 80's. Haven't heard that name in ages.

My mom watched King Mueller wrestle during the first state tourney she took me to as a high school wrestler. She fell in love with his muscles and kick ass mentality so much so that I think my dad may have gotten a bit jealous. :) We loved him and watched ever since whenever we could.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT