ADVERTISEMENT

Should I have ordered the Cole slaw?

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Here in my last night in Cleveland and I’m at the bar of a restaurant I like. Sitting there have a few cold ones and ready to order exactly what I want. Guy and his wife saddle up next to me. Nice folks.

Anywho…right before I order, he exclaims, “They have the best Cole slaw here I’ve ever had. You gotta get the Cole slaw. It’s so good. You won’t believe it.” Easily the strongest Cole slaw recommendation I’ve ever gotten. Problem is, I didn’t want anything to do with Cole slaw. But it was only 2 bucks so I was torn.

I didn’t order it. And you could tell he was pretty upset about it. Not being a dick about it or anything. Just disappointed in me. And I have to admit…I felt bad for not ordering it.

Should I have gotten the Cole slaw?

Here in my last night in Cleveland and I’m at the bar of a restaurant I like. Sitting there have a few cold ones and ready to order exactly what I want. Guy and his wife saddle up next to me. Nice folks.

Anywho…right before I order, he exclaims, “They have the best Cole slaw here I’ve ever had. You gotta get the Cole slaw. It’s so good. You won’t believe it.” Easily the strongest Cole slaw recommendation I’ve ever gotten. Problem is, I didn’t want anything to do with Cole slaw. But it was only 2 bucks so I was torn.

I didn’t order it. And you could tell he was pretty upset about it. Not being a dick about it or anything. Just disappointed in me. And I have to admit…I felt bad for not ordering it.

monster-gingerbread-man.gif

if you didn't want the slaw then don't order the f*ckin slaw.

you're good.

Reactions: LBoogie28
Dude's wife wanted an extra cawk for her 2-hole. You missed out.
my wife got real mad at me one time on a run bc i told a stranger there was a big ass heron in a field, i can't imagine how pissed she'd be if i pestered some strangers at dinner about some cole slaw.

Was the wife hot? Because what he wanted was to watch you with her. He should have said try the vaginer slaw…

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

Yes, and it's an easy call especially if you enjoy talking to the guy and want to continue the convo.

I'm at a restaurant in Missouri and someone tells me they have awesome cheesy grits. Well, I hate grits.

But I get them and they are delish. Now I order them every time I'm there.

You just never know when you're going to learn something.

Reactions: goldmom
Either guy and his wife were gettin’ it on right there at the bar or that was a fantastic WOB.

Reactions: RileyHawk
If you don't want a certain food item, so be it. Anyone who gets upset at a complete stranger who didn't order said item is one odd duck.

Reactions: win4jj
Best Cole Slaw I've ever had was homemade by a guy hammered drunk off rumpy at a bar called Sports Center in Larchwood IA. Untouchable. Will never have anything remotely as good. /CSB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT